Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about lightsaber cores

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Question about lightsaber cores

NastyButler
12.28.2012 , 02:24 PM | #1
I remember reading a while ago and I am unable to locate where I found it. But in Lore, are lightsabers with a black core for the blade considered to use a corrupted crystal?

Rauzgriz
12.29.2012 , 04:15 PM | #2
In lore, crystals that produce black blades dont exist at all, they are considered un-canon.

JediMB
12.29.2012 , 05:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Rauzgriz View Post
In lore, crystals that produce black blades dont exist at all, they are considered un-canon.
Until Clone Wars did yet another stupid thing to the lore?
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

AlexDougherty
12.30.2012 , 05:06 AM | #4
Answer is probably in "colour crystals and the lore" thread, can't be bothered reading it to find out though, as it is extremely long. Link is below.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=405921
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Rauzgriz
01.06.2013 , 10:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
Until Clone Wars did yet another stupid thing to the lore?
Depends, are you talking about the tv series or the darksaber incident that occured during that era. Either way it doesnt matter, the tv series, no matter what george lucas says, conflicts with too many other things to be considered anywhere close to canon, and I dont care about the darksaber either.

SithKoriandr
01.06.2013 , 11:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rauzgriz View Post
Depends, are you talking about the tv series or the darksaber incident that occured during that era. Either way it doesnt matter, the tv series, no matter what george lucas says, conflicts with too many other things to be considered anywhere close to canon, and I dont care about the darksaber either.
When you say conflicts with too many other things, do you mean with the books or with the movies?

Rauzgriz
01.07.2013 , 07:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
When you say conflicts with too many other things, do you mean with the books or with the movies?
With the lore in general. I doubt they would knowingly make a conflict with the prequel trilogy, but neither do I think they would be particularly careful about checking that. They also dont seem to care about the EU.