Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I was sure Boba Fett used a Blaster Rifle...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
I was sure Boba Fett used a Blaster Rifle...

bahdasz
01.06.2013 , 06:16 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
It was a carbine, not a sawed-off rifle (whatever that is)
Quote: Originally Posted by tpryan View Post
"Many carbines are shortened rifles..."
Manufactured shorter, easier to carry/handle, more suitable for mobile combat. Originally designed for use by cavalry for just that reason. Shortened version of rifle = accurate. Sawn-off rifle barrel = not so much accurate.

Sardonyyx
01.06.2013 , 06:58 PM | #32
So this thread is either, Boba Fett fanboys or people that hate Boba Fett. BH's should be able to use most weapons I think because there isn't a bounty hunter in the Star Wars universe that used the same weapons. However, being optimistic, I'm hoping they'll add a new advanced class that will be able to use snipers/rifles/pistols, all being a different skill tree. But then again I was hoping for a lot out of this game...

Kiryan
01.06.2013 , 07:15 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Echriado View Post
Bounty hunters are the masters of all weapon types. This is common knowledge. You'd be a pretty useless bounty hunter if you didn't know how to use all types of weapons. The fact that we are limited to blaster pistols is a lazy expression of Star Wars lore.

In case you guys can't understand simple mechanics.....BH's are limited to pistols for 2 reasons. BW didn't want QQ when it comes to loot mechanics. Imagine having to code in blaster rifles/sniper rifles, etc for both snipers/agents/bhs and then having to deal with the loot being sent to each respective class.

ALSO, BW is lazy and only wanted to code animations for one weapon type per class.

/endthread.
While I might agree on your second point, your first is just plain wrong. I have lost count of the number of rifles and sniper rifles I've seen with AIM...hell, there was even one I looted around lvl 20 that says 'Mandalorian' in the name, with Aim. Why can't the BH use it, then?

Also, I don't care which camp you might be in (pro-Boba, anti-Boba, etc), but you have to admit we got a bit of false advertisement here; just go look at ANY picture of Shae Vizla holding a weapon. I defy you to find one - just one - where it's NOT a rifle/carbine. That is the major gripe about the lack of use to the class.

cashogy
01.07.2013 , 04:54 PM | #34
Believe it or not the class is called Bounty Hunter, not Boba Fett. If you read anything of the EU you'd know that not all bounty hunters were Boba Fett nor did they all use rifles.

Boba Fett died like a drunken punk, I still don't know why everyone idolizes him and his poor-dicision-making "father" so much
he didnt die. cuz he is a B A D A S S

Drake_Hound
01.08.2013 , 05:00 PM | #35
Bounty hunters are the masters of all weapon types. This is common knowledge. You'd be a pretty useless bounty hunter if you didn't know how to use all types of weapons. The fact that we are limited to blaster pistols is a lazy expression of Star Wars lore.

In case you guys can't understand simple mechanics.....BH's are limited to pistols for 2 reasons. BW didn't want QQ when it comes to loot mechanics. Imagine having to code in blaster rifles/sniper rifles, etc for both snipers/agents/bhs and then having to deal with the loot being sent to each respective class.

ALSO, BW is lazy and only wanted to code animations for one weapon type per class.

/endthread.
LoL not true this is the biggest oversight of people , the animations are already there ...
example if you use kaliyo with a blaster rifle , she pulls out another shotgun/blaster rifle for powershot .

The animations are already ingame for bounty hunters/any other using blaster rifle , vibro sword light saber what ever ...
Just that they do not implement it cause of class loot balance.

how about selling those perks with cartel coins.... they want money .
We want different weapons .

Kintaroshi
01.08.2013 , 11:44 PM | #36
Believe it or not the class is called Bounty Hunter, not Boba Fett. If you read anything of the EU you'd know that not all bounty hunters were Boba Fett nor did they all use rifles.

Boba Fett died like a drunken punk, I still don't know why everyone idolizes him and his poor-dicision-making "father" so much
Eh, as a Fett fan myself, you have to read the books.
Kintaroshi - Powertech
-S- Silent Strike multi-MMO gaming guild since 04' -S-
=Shadowfire's Feared Pikeman Bounty Hunter=
SOE stole my DoTs and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

-Holmes
01.09.2013 , 12:16 AM | #37

/endthread.
Commandos can use blaster rifles.

Dabrixmgp
01.09.2013 , 08:58 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
Commandos can use blaster rifles.
Which again doesnt make sense. They are supposed to be the military elite and should be able to use any ranged weapon from blaster pistols to sniper rifles due to their extensive combat training. Like the Trooper storyline says. You are basically a Navy SEAL or Delta because you are special forces so why only one weapon proficiency doesnt make sense. The same for BHs. They would use any weapon that fitted their style and the one they were best with. When your job and life depends on it and you are best with a carbine, why would you use a pistol, which is a far harder weapon to master?

DarthBloodloss
01.09.2013 , 06:20 PM | #39
What about Sith?

My Dark Jedi in Star Wars Galaxies carried around a high end Nym's Carbine to wreck people before we closed in. Before you had the privilege of dieing to my saber, you had to get shot in the face a few times.

I used to solo HK-47 every day on my Dark Jedi, and only because I could use a Carbine.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

RidgeBlader
01.10.2013 , 03:06 PM | #40
The argument can be made that every class in this game should have access every weapon. At some point in time in the SW universe it is demonstrated.

People seem to miss the crux of TOR from BW point of view. You, the player, are not playing a customised character or an avatar of what you would like to be within the SW universe. e.g. SWG. You are playing 'The' Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, Jedi Knight etc etc etc within the TOR universe. You are the best of the best. There is only one Bounty Hunter, flying one mantis in TOR story. Regardless of how many players roll a BH. It shows as much as you progress through the main story.

This is how Bioware wants you to feel, this is how they have presented the game. As such they have a very specific idea about what weapons their classes should wield. In the case of the Bounty Hunter they feel that the number one bounty hunter in the galaxy is going to either use a pistol or dual pistols. Not every other weapon under the twin suns. (which is entirely possible given lore.)

It's not Bioware saying that "All Bounty Hunters Only use Pistols!", it's just them saying "This is how we feel the Number 1 [Insert class] is going to be equipped."

People have argued for rifle long before the Beta was released. I doubt continued threads promoting rifles for Bounty hunters are going to have the desired affect.
Success is measured in blood; yours or your enemy´s