Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hardmode "manners"


Zamppa's Avatar


Zamppa
01.06.2013 , 01:07 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
Thank you.

And yeah, I think I started a war between anti-elitists and elitists... Should be interesting
Oh this "war" has been going on for quite some time already, sorry to disappoint you These threads unfortunately just seem to be magnets for these "super elite players", what you(and I too) call elitists, to find people who they can bully and call names just because they are new and don't know all the skipping routes...Or even worse if they don't even want to skip!
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris

ShadowTech's Avatar


ShadowTech
01.06.2013 , 01:32 AM | #102
I never considered myself elite. I actually think of myself more as a casual player because of time constraints. If you want my advice, when you first start a FP ask if the group plans on skipping stuff or if they're cool with going thru the whole thing. If they are cool with doing the whole thing, great, enjoy the story and enjoy the practice and fun gameplay. If they want to skip and you're not sure about something, be upfront about the fact that you don't know something and I've found that most people are willing to help out. And if they insist about being an *** about feel free to leave and re-que.

I also noticed DSpectre that you seem to be on the Harbinger. If you're on the Republic side you might take a look at The Walking Carpets guild, and Imperialist Bastards on the Imperial side. We're pretty laid back and you can normally find someone on willing to run something and do full run thrus as well. Also very willing to teach and help out if you need it. <--- Shamless guild promoting.

DSpectre's Avatar


DSpectre
01.06.2013 , 01:43 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowTech View Post
I never considered myself elite. I actually think of myself more as a casual player because of time constraints. If you want my advice, when you first start a FP ask if the group plans on skipping stuff or if they're cool with going thru the whole thing. If they are cool with doing the whole thing, great, enjoy the story and enjoy the practice and fun gameplay. If they want to skip and you're not sure about something, be upfront about the fact that you don't know something and I've found that most people are willing to help out. And if they insist about being an *** about feel free to leave and re-que.

I also noticed DSpectre that you seem to be on the Harbinger. If you're on the Republic side you might take a look at The Walking Carpets guild, and Imperialist Bastards on the Imperial side. We're pretty laid back and you can normally find someone on willing to run something and do full run thrus as well. Also very willing to teach and help out if you need it. <--- Shamless guild promoting.
Thanks but I am proudly co-owner (Empress) of a guild already. I appreciate it tho <3 feel free to friend me tho
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

USCG_Davis's Avatar


USCG_Davis
01.06.2013 , 01:46 AM | #104
Uploaded twice...corrected version below
Raid Leader for <E>
Prophecy of the Five
Atrýss Leggo'my-agro Haji'go-boom Chive-on Sweetims
I'carry-baddies I'carry-scrubs I'cause-QQ

USCG_Davis's Avatar


USCG_Davis
01.06.2013 , 01:50 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Zamppa View Post
There is an option in the ticket system called "report harrassing behaviour" or something like that. I find kicks from GF generated groups as much harrassing as I find people calling names in the chat etc. I also got a response to the ticket the next day where BW representative thanked me for the info and said they will investigate and possibly take action. I'm not interested if they do take action or not but now they atleast know what's happening in the HMs and how some people behave towards others in there. It's BW's decission what they are going to do about it.
Hahahaha oh man oh man. You just made my night. I don't think I've ever laughed harder reading a post in these forums and that's including the PvP "please-L2P-smashmomkeys-aren't-OP-at-all posts". The group finder has a vote to kick for a reason. So you can kick people who are AfK or slow or don't skip cutscenes. You are exactly what D÷minion is talking about. An extremely entitled person who thinks their time is more important than the 3 other people's time you're grouped with. By you being slow through a flashpoint, you're wasting others time. Hence why GF has a vote to kick. It's not " oh elitist tank thinks I'm slow" kick. It's VOTE to kick and a majority system. If the other 3 people think you messed up; you're getting kicked. I hope Bioware looks into it and you get hit for false reporting. They did nothing wrong other than use the tools the game provided. At which point you took extreme childish offense and reported them. As for your "response" it's a standard message for all reports: nothing more.
Raid Leader for <E>
Prophecy of the Five
Atrýss Leggo'my-agro Haji'go-boom Chive-on Sweetims
I'carry-baddies I'carry-scrubs I'cause-QQ

Zamppa's Avatar


Zamppa
01.06.2013 , 01:54 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by USCG_Davis View Post
Hahahaha oh man oh man. You just made my night. I don't think I've ever laughed harder reading a post in these forums and that's including the PvP "please-L2P-smashmomkeys-aren't-OP-at-all posts". The group finder has a vote to kick for a reason. So you can kick people who are AfK or slow or don't skip cutscenes. You are exactly what Dominon is talking about. An extremely entitled person who thinks their time is more important than the 3 other people's time you're grouped with. By you being slow through a flashpoint, you're wasting others time. Hence why GF has a vote to kick. It's not " oh elitist tank thinks I'm slow" kick. It's VOTE to kick and a majority system. If the other 3 people think you messed up; you're getting kicked. I hope Bioware looks into it and you get hit for false reporting. They did nothing wrong other than use the tools the game provided. At which point you took extreme childish offense and reported them. As for your "response" it's a standard message for all reports: nothing more.
Your logic is truly false! Your logic is "I use vote kick because that player is not something I like" and that is the CHILDISH behaviour and logic. If everyone used the vote kick like that there would be people vote kicking people "because the don't like how the other people's char's faces look like"

I will keep reporting that kind of "harrassing behaviour" until the point BW forbids me to do that as I find kicks from the groups because I want to watch The Foundry's convos and kill the bosses. That kind of kicking is "harrassing behaviour"! And btw, thanks for sharing your 50s with us back there! Sadly I'm not on your server as I would have really loved to add your toons onto my ignore-list.
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris

DSpectre's Avatar


DSpectre
01.06.2013 , 01:54 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by USCG_Davis View Post
Hahahaha oh man oh man. You just made my night. I don't think I've ever laughed harder reading a post in these forums and that's including the PvP "please-L2P-smashmomkeys-aren't-OP-at-all posts". The group finder has a vote to kick for a reason. So you can kick people who are AfK or slow or don't skip cutscenes. You are exactly what D÷minion is talking about. An extremely entitled person who thinks their time is more important than the 3 other people's time you're grouped with. By you being slow through a flashpoint, you're wasting others time. Hence why GF has a vote to kick. It's not " oh elitist tank thinks I'm slow" kick. It's VOTE to kick and a majority system. If the other 3 people think you messed up; you're getting kicked. I hope Bioware looks into it and you get hit for false reporting. They did nothing wrong other than use the tools the game provided. At which point you took extreme childish offense and reported them. As for your "response" it's a standard message for all reports: nothing more.
I'd agree with the Afk kick, but the slow and don't skip cutscenes i don't think bioware had In mind for that use.. Just saying your replies are incredibly over zealous
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

DSpectre's Avatar


DSpectre
01.06.2013 , 01:57 AM | #108
Patience is a lie. There is only speed runs. Through speed runs, I gain time, through time I gain gear, through gear I gain commendations. The impatience will set me free.

True, is it not?
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

USCG_Davis's Avatar


USCG_Davis
01.06.2013 , 02:01 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
I don't believe you. Been sitting at fleet monitoring the chat for a couple hours. I haven't seen this thread, or me talked about yet. So good luck with that one with threatening a "bad reputation" on me. Like that will do anything for you
So you're worried enough to sit on fleet so you can watch chat? And you edited your signature so you character name is no longer there...? If you aren't worried about a bad rap, what's your reason? And you also admit to running or being CO-GM of a guild. Great way to recruit and progress...pissing off all the guilds who can actually clear content. Because i guarantee you that every single one of their raiders will speed run HM's.Mind throwing your guild name out there as well? Because i sure as hell know that I wouldn't want my CO-GM saying they were going to make speed runs as miserable as possible for those who wanted them...

Ohhh wait. Now I see why you're worried enough about server rep.
Raid Leader for <E>
Prophecy of the Five
Atrýss Leggo'my-agro Haji'go-boom Chive-on Sweetims
I'carry-baddies I'carry-scrubs I'cause-QQ

Zamppa's Avatar


Zamppa
01.06.2013 , 02:01 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
Patience is a lie. There is only speed runs. Through speed runs, I gain time, through time I gain gear, through gear I gain commendations. The impatience will set me free.

True, is it not?
I salute you, miss! I truly do! I worship the land you walk on
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris