Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediMasterGreg
01.05.2013 , 04:08 PM | #441
Quote: Originally Posted by Arglaar View Post
So, Faction storylines only.
Disappointing. I have 8 characters, half of which are finished with their class stories, and two who are nearly done. Was really looking forward to what happened next in their stories. Is Makeb really going to be able to lvl us to 60?

irishfino
01.05.2013 , 04:40 PM | #442
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterGreg View Post
Disappointing. I have 8 characters, half of which are finished with their class stories, and two who are nearly done. Was really looking forward to what happened next in their stories. Is Makeb really going to be able to lvl us to 60?
Level cap is 55 last I heard.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Lakemine
01.05.2013 , 07:46 PM | #443
Quote: Originally Posted by Laris_Rai View Post
They've said they're working on it but doing it is harder than people think.
Oh ok. Well I know they might not be able to, but it would be great to explain to the people who want to know, why it is not working or why it is taking so long. As in explaining coding issues etc.. Maybe they wont, but I would really like that.
I love Star Wars.

Lakemine
01.05.2013 , 08:33 PM | #444
Quote: Originally Posted by Arglaar View Post
Honestly, you can post as much negative feedback as you want, as long as it remains on topic of the original post and does not violate the Forum Guidelines lain out in the Rules of Conduct. (Which you can find Here.)

The guidelines you may want to take note of:
Quote:
Discussion of political, sexual, or religious topics is prohibited on the forums.

Do not hijack topics. Posting comments within a thread which severely disrupts the original conversation is prohibited.

Do not post about locked or deleted threads or other moderation actions.

Posts deemed inappropriate to a particular forum will be moved to a more appropriate forum or even removed completely. Posts that have been removed are not to be re-posted.

Back on Topic,
As someone who has been away from the game for a while, and yet still subscribing, I'm happy to see some of these changes finally being brought into the game.

I do understand that not everyone is getting what they wanted, however, there are people who have been waiting for some of this content since before the game was released, and in all fairness, it really is past time for it to be put in.
I don't to make a big fight. But something does not make sense to me, just want an explanation. If the forum guide lines say no discussion about...sexual....topics, then why the talk about same sex? Because my understanding is that a phrase that has sex in it, is sexual in nature. (even if I think its wrong) So I just want to know what is going on.

Forgot to add. Because it seems they (Bioware or the company or whoever made the forum guide lines) have broken their own rule of talking about sexual subjects, so does that mean that we can break them? Not that I would ever want to, just want an explanation on things because it is just is not making sense to me. Thank you!
I love Star Wars.

Zandilar
01.05.2013 , 08:38 PM | #445
Quote: Originally Posted by Lakemine View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Armynoverlord View Post
Why would you put in SGR when you haven't given new items for the people who bought CE? Plus I bet 90% of the players would never want you to waste time with SGR ever...
Bingo!
I am a CE owner (from a red zone, so you know I wanted it badly enough to jump through hoops to get it), and I'm pretty happy they're putting SGR in at long last, as it's something I've been waiting for since launch.

As for the CE items on the vendor, that isn't why I bought the CE. I'm not really that upset that new items haven't been added - nor do I really care if they add them in the future or not.

Please don't try to speak for all of us.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Aaoogaa
01.06.2013 , 12:24 AM | #446
Half the stuff included on here didn't deserve a major announcement. EA should look to replace Hickman for garbage communication like this. One major fail after another.

Quote:
but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year
Why was open world pvp even mentioned when they have no plans to implement it within the year?

Quote:
Character Copy to Public Test Server (PTS)
This should not be part of the announcement there should be a seperate thread apologizing to the player base for a year of fail implementing this.

Quote:
Same Gender Romance
A comlete waste of development time.

So 2 fails and 1 fluff are the huge major announcements for the upcoming year!!!!!! wooot!!!
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

merera
01.06.2013 , 03:22 AM | #447
Let's say it: a properly organized text chat is THE thing that drives an MMO, makes all the difference between a single-user game and a player community. For the sociopaths that generally populate these virtual dungeons a text chat window is a comfortable compromise between torrents of the real world and total seclusion. And the comfort of chatting means a lot, believe me.

This is why I never took any interest in WoW, the chat sucks there. And this is why I stayed for more than two years in EVE, because you can spend all the day simply chatting with other players in Local. No wonder some call EVE a multimedia chat.

The chat in SW:TOR is generally modeled after WoW and sucks full-time. But, well, you know, the art and voice acting and the lightsabers... It's not that I am leaving right now, may I humbly single out the main points for improvement instead.

There should be font support for all characters, not only Latin. As a Russian I feel this directly, using Latin instead of Cyrillic is a pain and words look weird. I'm sure Arabic script users feel the same, as well as the Chinese, the Japanese, Georgians and other tongues out there. Dear developers, the world is a bit bigger than you initially thought. Take a look at EVE or DnD communities if you think I am exaggerating things.

User channel creation and moderation should be available, owner rights should be recognized, and the best model for this could be the the Internet Relay Chat protocol. There are plenty of opinions and communities out there in the big world and everyone has a right for their own priivate text chat channel. I mean, when I created my first character on Red Eclipse almost the next thing I've done after that was to create the /cjoin Rus and /cjoin Russian channels. Since then the channels have been populated by various folk, the Rus one being especially successful. But although I was the first one on these channels, I've never managed to get any moderator privileges leave alone ownership. The existing system supports channels but does not recognize channel ownership or any moderation (yes, I've tried to use the moderation commands from beta to kick some morons and trolls from Rus, the slash commands won't work). Dear devs, please implement IRC chat in the expansion and grant me owner status for Rus and Russian on Red Eclipse.

Chat restrictions on F2P should be lifted, at least for all chatting in General and for joining user-created channels. Russian and Polish-speaking folk are currently causing untold disaster in the General chats of the starting locations when they start to discuss first steps in gameplay. They should be able to join their national chat channels from the very start. Dear developers, if you are concerned about real-money spammers, implement a "report real-money trade spam" menu option, right-clickable in chat, that would send a ticket and ignore the user altogether.

All in all there is much more to be improved in the chatting system of SW:TOR, fonts, window layout and channel selection to say the least, but the issues mentioned above are the most pressing ones. Let us hope they will be addressed in the expansion.

Tholdiel
01.06.2013 , 08:12 AM | #448
After being away almost a year and reading this blog I have again come to the conclusion not very much has really been done to help this SWTOR. Bugs that were here a year ago are still here, CS is still as bad as it was a year ago.
Missions some of them are to Long for a casual player he doesn't have that kind of time to be involved. The length of mission need to be shorten. To many repetitive Daily's with the available tech. today there should a generator to change the missions up from 1 day to the next like a map generator. AN Idea is having a Republic and Empire control planet that will allow raids to those planets, exploring other worlds is non existent in this mmo. Exploring the planet has exhaustion areas? some tunnel that allow taxis thru should also allow the player to go thru these r just a few examples of a few improvements class drops and Item after mission as I have still encounter while completing missions my smuggler would get sith items?? Selection of Items at the vendor hasnt improved at all over the years same old stuff poor selection. I have now seen the cartel from what I see it is poor marketing in there. I am not able to go to the cartel from the web site why? I am just disappointed overall sry for ranting. Ya got my coins for another month after reading this it will be awhile before I give you another dime

Infir
01.06.2013 , 09:14 AM | #449
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyemin View Post
Even the KOTOR I and II stories aren't part of the official STAR WAR timeline, they are part of an alternative and hipotetical one.
SWTOR follows the KOTOR timeline and is on the same level of canon. If anything is relevant to SWTOR's continuity, it's KOTOR.
{((o))ﮗﮉﭽﭰﭵۻﮖۼﭦﮀﮃﮆ‖}Ξ{{ )

Eldagore
01.06.2013 , 01:25 PM | #450
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
It's part of the story now and that's all that matters.
This is EXACTLY my point from my previous post. Slippery slope.