Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Fix the damn Esseles bug!!!


PainOfDemise's Avatar


PainOfDemise
07.30.2012 , 09:59 AM | #11
I remember this happened to me the very first time I ever did Esseles. That was a LONG time ago. Never has happened to me since then. I figured it was fixed.
The Tarvock Legacy

Twickers's Avatar


Twickers
07.30.2012 , 10:04 AM | #12
Here's an easy solution, remove the damn knockback/knockdown from the boss.

Problem solved.

PainOfDemise's Avatar


PainOfDemise
07.30.2012 , 10:12 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Twickers View Post
Here's an easy solution, remove the damn knockback/knockdown from the boss.

Problem solved.
It doesn't have anything to do with the boss, so you solved nothing.
The Tarvock Legacy

Twickers's Avatar


Twickers
07.30.2012 , 10:25 AM | #14
Actually it does, you get knocked under into the bug when you get hit with the knockback/knockdown on the bugged area.

So how am I wrong?

Catalan's Avatar


Catalan
07.30.2012 , 10:45 AM | #15
Hey both bugs have only been in the game since Beta... give them a chance to fix it..... oh wait.
Many Bothans died to bring you that information.

Old_Timer's Avatar


Old_Timer
10.17.2012 , 07:00 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Moza View Post
That doesn't sound like a bug to me....
Then there are some pretty ignorant devs writing some pretty ignorant code for this level.

Just happened to me last night (I was unaware). Teammate had wiped up the mob, so /stuck did nothing. Ended up quitting and going to bed. Will try again some time today I guess, WITHOUT the force leap!

nate_uk's Avatar


nate_uk
12.02.2012 , 05:32 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by PainOfDemise View Post
It doesn't have anything to do with the boss, so you solved nothing.
it has EVERYTHING to do with the boss knockback you moron. It only drops you through the floor when he knocks you down. Even on characters with no jump or leap abilities this happens and it only happens when he knocks you down. idiot.

I played beta of SWTOR and didn't play the full game until just now as all the bugs put me off, but i figured that after over a year the *********** bugs would perhaps have been smoothed out. I've had this bug happen FIVE *********** TIMES in a row now in esseles and neither /stuck nor exit area did anything at all meaning i was removed from the group or had to leave myself so the group could continue. What. A. ***********. Joke.

No wonder this game has had to go F2P. It's a glitchy, unpolished, clunky-combat style, pile of crap. I tried to play this game with several characters as i was looking for a good story driven RPG to get into, but **** this, it's just causing me too much frustration and anger which is NOT what i want from a game, so i will not be playing any more of it. at all.

**** you Bioware, all these years of making glitchy games and you still do it? ****.

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.03.2012 , 05:07 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by nate_uk View Post
it has EVERYTHING to do with the boss knockback you moron. It only drops you through the floor when he knocks you down. Even on characters with no jump or leap abilities this happens and it only happens when he knocks you down. idiot.

I played beta of SWTOR and didn't play the full game until just now as all the bugs put me off, but i figured that after over a year the *********** bugs would perhaps have been smoothed out. I've had this bug happen FIVE *********** TIMES in a row now in esseles and neither /stuck nor exit area did anything at all meaning i was removed from the group or had to leave myself so the group could continue. What. A. ***********. Joke.

No wonder this game has had to go F2P. It's a glitchy, unpolished, clunky-combat style, pile of crap. I tried to play this game with several characters as i was looking for a good story driven RPG to get into, but **** this, it's just causing me too much frustration and anger which is NOT what i want from a game, so i will not be playing any more of it. at all.

**** you Bioware, all these years of making glitchy games and you still do it? ****.
The bug you are mentioning I think is fixed a long time ago isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong.
But let's say it hasn't been fixed, even so if there is a situation where you are glitched / bugged due to an environment, you don't change boss mechanics to fit that environment, you fix the environment itself, lest in the other choice the boss becomes too ridiculously easy than already being quite easy to execute. And what is with all the pathetic hate with necromancy, geez.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

haliy's Avatar


haliy
12.03.2012 , 05:42 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
The bug you are mentioning I think is fixed a long time ago isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Nope, not fixed yet and I would have figured it would have been fixed by now seeing that its only been a year since the bug has been known. But regardless of that, if the OP knows the bug is there and knows what will happen if he force leaps into that situation... don't do it. No I am not saying that it shouldn't be this way but it is what it is. Adapt, overcome, improvise.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

HKtheindomitable's Avatar


HKtheindomitable
01.05.2013 , 09:30 PM | #20
Statement: I have encountered it as well for the first time. Very annoying. I had to leave the group and couldn't rejoin. Therefore I didn't get my BH comms.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Justicar | International Guild