Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Expansion or Not an Expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Expansion or Not an Expansion

Tremed
01.04.2013 , 09:42 PM | #11
to bad the teir gear will just be the same skins and same bonus x.x

JTrox
01.04.2013 , 09:51 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SnoggyMack View Post
Since you mentioned Everquest, I just wanted to point out that Ruins of Kunark, Scars of Veilious, Shadows of Luclin and Planes of Power did not function in the way you describe. They did not "add" large amounts of content after their release. At all.
Actually a few months after RoK was released is when Veskar was added, and LoY is considered to be a mini-expansion (which I feel RotHC is just going to be), and most just consider it as an addition to PoP (was basically considered the casual group content that was lacking in PoP). And I can't be 100% sure but I do believe that both SoV and SoL had some pretty sizable content added after their release.

DwainD
01.04.2013 , 10:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomb-Stone View Post
You guys are funny... It's ten bucks.
Yep, keep seeing the ‘talking heads’ tout it as 1/3rd the content of a ‘normal’ expansion, but, hey, its 1/4th the cost, so all around, a bargain. Besides, we dont even know everything involved in this pack. I pre’ed the day it became available because I can afford to toss $10 on it and not flinch.

If it goes live and is a turd, there’re always other games. I've played this one for over a year now and still like it and want the new content, so I'm willing to pay for it. If you're not, don't buy it. Not like this is rocket science or brain surgery. Buy it or don't for whatever personal reasons you have, I don't honestly understand all the angst and hand wringing over this simple action.