Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'd like to see more info on this 'expac' before preordering!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I'd like to see more info on this 'expac' before preordering!

weapon_x
01.04.2013 , 06:37 AM | #71
They are intentionally being vague to get as many suckers as possible to buy something with as little information as possible. The content...err, I mean "expansion" will be a complete disappointment. If it was any good, they would be screaming about all the new things it would have.

Would you buy a meal at a restaurant if they told you, "Oh yeah, it's gonna be great! There will be a protein (maybe) and some vegetables (maybe), but we won't give you the specifics until after you pay for it."? I wouldn't. How about buying a new computer? "We'll discount the price for you. It will be fast (probably), but we won't tell you the components in it until after you bought it."

They probably did some consumer testing to see what the price point would be for idiots, I mean people, to pay money for something without knowing anything about it and $10, with some early access, was the answer.
Veteran Bria player

Shipwright
01.04.2013 , 04:36 PM | #72
The money is not even an issue for me. I really don't know if I will be continuing to play, and feel that what is actually in this expansion is very unknown yet. Even the little info they have mentioned; I feel it could change a whole lot..and there are some things, which if included, would mark the end of my interest in the game...they may be rumors only but as we are not getting conclusive info, who knows? The devs may not even know at this point.

I hear there is some class balance thing they plan and sadly I have no confidence in their "balancing". If my scoundrel or operative gets 1 more nerf, I am done I think. It's just so damned irritating. Just let me have my gimped AC and let it be.....but I have no confidence they are done nerfing them yet. I suppose many don't care, but I am weary of it. Enough already. Yeah, I know....part of MMOs...but for some reason I am just getting tired of it. SWTOR has seemed especially egregious in this area.

The fact is I may not at all like the direction the game goes in, and feel irked at somethings already. So, at this point I am on the fence, so to speak. My lack of enthusiasm for the expansion is part of a general feeling of doubt concerning the game right now. I spend much less time playing then I used to. I need to have a better, more clear picture of what is coming. Not just for this expansion, but for the game as a whole.

The money is immaterial. I am simply feeling very uncertain about my own future in the game. So I hang in and hope for the best but have big doubts. Just have to wait and see.

Cleet_Xia
01.04.2013 , 04:55 PM | #73
I have mixed fealings about the "press releases"

One thing that made the Rakghoul event go over great is that there wasn't any hype ~ no one was expecting a thing.
If BW had any sense, they would just lie, and give us an "official launch date" that was 2 months after the day they plan to go live. And then watch everyone flip the **** out when they logged in and found that the expac had dropped during what they though was normal weekly maintenance. They'd have to do more inhouse testing, but it's just one planet.

I don't want spoilers in their marketing, and about the only thing left for them to tell us is how many FPs, OPs, WZs are going to be part of RotHC. And whether or not thudercats are going live. I've got enough information to feel comfortable with making the purchase ~ I still havn't yet, but I'm sure I will.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Beranzen
01.04.2013 , 05:18 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
I have mixed fealings about the "press releases"

One thing that made the Rakghoul event go over great is that there wasn't any hype ~ no one was expecting a thing.
If BW had any sense, they would just lie, and give us an "official launch date" that was 2 months after the day they plan to go live. And then watch everyone flip the **** out when they logged in and found that the expac had dropped during what they though was normal weekly maintenance. They'd have to do more inhouse testing, but it's just one planet.

I don't want spoilers in their marketing, and about the only thing left for them to tell us is how many FPs, OPs, WZs are going to be part of RotHC. And whether or not thudercats are going live. I've got enough information to feel comfortable with making the purchase ~ I still havn't yet, but I'm sure I will.
Some people on this forum would STILL complain. I can hear it now, "stupid EAware why are you releasing now, I made plans for the date you said it would be! You lied to us again!"
While i can see the point of some of the people leery of ordering now, the info given was more than most other MMOs do when a planned expansion is first announced. Not having a specific date is not a legitimate complaint, name ONE mmo when it announced an expansion that said exactly when it's coming out, and actually made that deadline. Most say "Coming Fall 20xx, etc"
The need for more information is one I agree with even tho i already preordered, there are many things I'd like included. The information given was enough for me to do it. But i can see how some might want to wait.
Only real "bonus" is 5 days early access, not really that big of a deal. I do also agree that more time should be given, perhaps to Jan 31 to get the 5 days.
It's several months away still, so more info will come, but like anything else that part of it is now a waiting game.
The Demonstone Legacy JungMa
De'inara L55 Chiss Operative
The Darkstar Legacy BergeonColony
Loziyah 60 Zabrak Merc
Kharras 57 Cathar Commando
Kurg'an 55 Sith Pureblood Juggernaut
CE OWNERVIP? Nah.
Regulator Squadron

Sotof
01.04.2013 , 05:29 PM | #75
You really think they're going to do that? Come on.
My name is not Bob.

Dimvou
01.04.2013 , 05:44 PM | #76
100% Agree with you,more info should and could have been released.
More information on endgame,FP,pvp,new class ablities or talents could and should have been released.
These stuff should already beem worked on a certain degree so far,so there should be more info on them for release.
So it's either that there is not much to tell about the expansion,because it doesn't offer anything that is worth mentioning or just bad marketing.

My guess is that the 5 early days access will be more than enough for ppl to reach the lvl cap and continue running dailies just like now,while experiencing tons of new bugs in the meantime...
On the other hand,i could be wrong and the x-pac comes with new minigames,tons of stuff to do,new content that it takes quite a while to finish,replayability,more customization options and tremendous bug fixing and game optimization...

Which one sounds more realistic? :P