Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How can i stop xp/level?

mothear
01.04.2013 , 05:41 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by symke View Post
Let me guess ... you are one of those players that brags about how fast she/he was able to get to level 50, right?

A suggestion ... take your head out of your friends's *** and look around. You will suddenly notice that this game offers numerous ways for playing. Story quests, planet quests, dailies, weeklies, heroics, FPs, WZs. Do all of that without heavy "world cleaning" and you will get overleveled very fast. I finish Coruscant at lvl 17 or 18. Every single char! On my first planet. With just a few WZs done and most of the +4 Heroics ignored. So no, I don't think of myself as a hero, I just think that XP lock could help me experience whole (this is the word you should focus on) game experience to its fullest.

I don't do WZs for XP. I do them for valor. And I have to control myself about the number of them I do exactly because I get to much XP out of them. And even with that I am where I am. Overleveled.
You are a player that doesn't mind skipping most of the PVE content by the sound of it. I am not. I hope you can understand that not all of us are like you and your friends. Can you?

Maybe it has something to do with RP. I don't consider myself to be heavy RP-er , but ignoring the story and progress like you are doing, is not my style. I like to taste every little thing this game offers with certain modicum of RP-ing. I even refuse to do FPs if they are referencing the part of the story I haven't experienced yet.
If you drop down to preferred status then this will reduce your XP and you wont have to control yourself for WZ's as the game will do that for you.

Monoth
01.04.2013 , 04:51 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Z-ToXiN View Post
I totally understand the feeling. Im about to hit 50 soon on an alt but I wish I could stay under 50 forever. PVP is just so much more fun. And when I hit 50 I cant play with my friends who are lower level any more.

Of course PvP at 49 is more fun, you have a HUGE advantage over people in there 20's and 30's given you have all your skills... Thats the ONLY reason people want to stop XP so they can just deck themselves out with purple gear and own 10-49 PvP, these people are no better then the 50's who are deck out in cherry picked 50 elite war hero pvp gear and face roll everyone.

Everyone wants an advantage.....

And Yes you can play with your friends who are lower level then you, it's called an alt, only takes an hour or two to get to level 10 so you can PvP.
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Monoth
01.04.2013 , 04:55 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by symke View Post
I understand the problem with lvl 49 WZs and twinked groups. I've seen it in Rift and I don't like it. But does that mean there is no solution? Of course not. There are numerous ways this could be prevented besides this system. Allow just a certain number of WZ's to be done on a certain lvl, don't allow levels 40+ to lock WZ XP, .....
Numerous ways!
Options, options, options. That is the way to bring any game closer to the large group of players. Less options you have less people will be satisfied. And this is, imo, one of the not so hard ones to do.

Edit: Oh, and I don't think WZ XP lock is the only way. FPs, heroics, story quests, planet quests, dailies,... whatever. I would just like to have an option to lower my XP gain in whichever way possible so I could enjoy playing the game with the tempo I like.
Make two toons, one for PvE and one for PvP, that way you don't out level either.... And BTW you can still do PvE quests when they turn grey, you just dont get XP for them which is the same as a XP lock. So you can still experience the stories regardless of your level.
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile