Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inspiration to play a Knight?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Inspiration to play a Knight?

Bird_of_Thunder
01.03.2013 , 08:11 PM | #1
What inspired you to play a Jedi Knight?

For me it was seeing Kao Cen Darach in "Return", and Ven Zallow in "Decieved" (especially that moment when he jumped over Malgus' saber throw).

So what was yours?
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

BlznSmri
01.03.2013 , 08:18 PM | #2
Melee DPS > Ranged DPS.

Simple. Also, made a guardian in case I wanted to challenge myself while tanking.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

YoshiRaphElan
01.03.2013 , 08:29 PM | #3
One major reason is because I wanted to continue my saga from KOTOR and KOTOR II. I had been Revan and I had been the Jedi Exile...even if they were dead (at least I assumed so at the time), I wanted to continue their legacy as the hero of the Jedi Order and the Republic.

Another reason is, as you said, because of Ven Zallow and Kao Cen Darach. They were just so awesome...from the moment I saw those trailers I knew I'd be a Knight.

BarneyBash
01.03.2013 , 09:04 PM | #4
I rolled my night as an answer to my warrior.
but he actually became the cornerstone of my current legacy line.

the warrior pretty much becomes a revenge story after you are betrayed but the knights story actually seems to stay the same the whole way through as you become the key to destroying the emperor even going so far as the tie in the final arc of the book Revan.

DrumDeity
01.03.2013 , 10:48 PM | #5
I just love melee tanks. You get to wail on someone with a big stick and not really worry about dying (with my Guardian).
Hillkiller Legacy- The Bastion (US)
Elran- Level 55 Jedi Guardian--- Snippersniper- Level 55 Sniper--- Look'alike- Level 55 Commando--- Huntardinspace- Level 22 Mercenary--- Iknowthatheal- Level 15 Sith Sorcerer

Ekoth
01.04.2013 , 09:41 AM | #6
My nature of being a sucker for melee weapon combat.
Ekoth - Jedi Shadow - Alpha Company, 203rd
SWG Veteran: Release - 2007, Valcyn Server
Ekoth - Elder Jedi - Praetorian, Ubiqtorate
Ryyfro - Commando - Alpha Company, 203rd

_biddan_
01.04.2013 , 10:15 AM | #7
the voice actor,after playing metal gear solid you can't avoid playing a knight.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

ElvinG
01.07.2013 , 09:52 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
the voice actor,after playing metal gear solid you can't avoid playing a knight.
this is made even more epic on hoth when you talk to the colonel from metal gear.

DarknessInLight
01.07.2013 , 02:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bird_of_Thunder View Post
What inspired you to play a Jedi Knight?

For me it was seeing Kao Cen Darach in "Return", and Ven Zallow in "Decieved" (especially that moment when he jumped over Malgus' saber throw).

So what was yours?
This
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

ATAMIANM
01.08.2013 , 06:57 PM | #10
My reasons were simple.

1. I had three Sith characters (DPS assassin, DPS marauder, and medic agent) and I needed a Republic character to get HK-51.
2. I never played a tank before, and wanted to learn it.

I had initially planned to abandon the Jedi Knight Guardian after getting HK-51, but the story isn't so bad and it is kind of fun being a tank. The Empire Sith characters are so great because you can guilt-free fry everything in sight, with the Jedi I *feel* should do the "right thing".

As an aside I'd say the Agent Medic is much harder to play. Healers in general are a lot of work, which may explain why she is still only mid twenties level.