Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

game locks up on exiting game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
game locks up on exiting game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthMat
01.03.2013 , 07:01 PM | #1
Every once in a while, when I go to quit game and press yes to quit, the game freezes up and it just sits there forever. I have to open another login screen and login while the other instance of the game is still running in order to close since it seems I can't have 2 instances of the game running at once.

Anyone else having this problem?

Ravnik
01.04.2013 , 06:17 AM | #2
Yes, i have this every time i log off. Would be good if someone can enlighten us as to why it happens.
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly..........

MilesTeg_cy
01.04.2013 , 08:20 AM | #3
I used to have that too. I recommend to update your graphics card driver. That solved it for me.
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

Bronholz
01.04.2013 , 08:45 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings,

Thanks for contacting us.

As MilesTeg_cy has suggested, it is always worth making sure that you are using the latest driver for your GPU. You can check for updates from your manufacturers website.

Please also try running the Repair function from the launcher, this will check for and repair any corruptions in your game files. You can find this by logging into the launcher and clicking the cog icon.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Ravnik
01.04.2013 , 09:03 AM | #5
The drivers are up to date. Will try the repair tonight. Thanks for the info!
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly..........

Thylbanus
01.04.2013 , 10:20 AM | #6
Same problem. Current video drivers and already have done the fix for another issue.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Theomis
01.04.2013 , 10:54 AM | #7
I have the same problem the screen blocks up after selecting the quit game and i have to click on my second screen for the game to close

DarthMat
01.05.2013 , 09:38 AM | #8
I am downloading an NVIDIA Display driver. is this what I am looking for?

Ravnik
01.07.2013 , 05:34 AM | #9
Hasnt helped for me. Ive updated my drivers and done the repair tool. Still locks up on exit. I have opened the task manager when it does this, and the cpu usage from swtor is huge!!

elitenz
01.07.2013 , 05:50 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings,

Thanks for contacting us.

As MilesTeg_cy has suggested, it is always worth making sure that you are using the latest driver for your GPU. You can check for updates from your manufacturers website.

Please also try running the Repair function from the launcher, this will check for and repair any corruptions in your game files. You can find this by logging into the launcher and clicking the cog icon.

Thanks for your patience.
This has been an ongoing issue with this game for a very long time it's not your driver it's swtor and it's falling apart very fast.