Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode "manners"

DSpectre
01.03.2013 , 09:43 PM | #1
So this is a bit of a rant:

(SHORT VERSION AT BOTTOM)

Today i spent a total of 5 hours waiting for flashpoint groups to join and do hard mode stuff.

I managed to get into 9 Flashpoint groups and it seems to me i find the few people that should not play games.

they are:
A: inconsiderate
B: Ignorant
C: Uncooperative
D: Whiny

Now i will describe one story which drew the line for me:

I joined a flashpoint group which seemed to be going pretty smooth, but no one seemed to talk and i just got a feeling of awkwardness and tension.

they skipped by alot of enemies without telling me which threw me off a bit because ive always tackled every enemy in the way. but it didnt matter much because i was far enough back to react to this. I got caught up on a cliff and they just kept going. Now isnt it common courtesy to help group-mates out?

so after getting un-stuck, i rushed to catch up, and i managed to accidently cause an attack on myself and i ran towards my group for help. a person in the group right away said "dont run towards us" now... isnt the whole point of a team effort to help each-other out? so i decided to dis-regard what they were saying and run towards them for help.

to shorten, we ended up dying and respawning back to the start. not too far from where we died. two group mates immediately trashed my actions saying "they should force people to play these before doing hardmode". that irked me a bit and i felt bad. another thing that ticked me off, is that no matter what, i like to enjoy the convo-cinematics and i will listen to the characters talk. during this, one anxious groupmate kept spamming "SPACEBAR! HIT THE F****** SPACEBAR!". And after the convo said "they should just remove story stuff from hard mode... saves on time to rush through". pretty ignorant and self-serving, huh?

and to finish, i accidentally pulled 3-4 very easy (like 3000 hp) droids over and got yelled at for pulling enemies to them because i needed help. then after that fight, i was voted to be kicked out.

So since i hit 50 for the first time yesterday, i have attempted to do hard mode flashpoints and never completed one because i keep finding these types of people who are insanely competitive. i have gotten kicked every single time because of things i have no control over. and so what if i want to listen to a convo? im interested and the people can wait like one minute. not that bad.

SHORT VERSION:

Im tired of how stuck-up people are during hard-mode flashpoints. worrying about for fast to get through a convo, or about accidentally pulling a few enemies to the group for help. and i get kicked for all these dumb reasons

So what im saying here is, do you agree with this arrogant play-style? or do you think there should be more co-operative-ness (i know thats not a word) in these hard-mode flashpoints?

i can honestly say i'd like to think people are nicer than this but im about to give up on humanity over this

USCG_Davis
01.03.2013 , 10:14 PM | #2
I've been playing this game since Beta. Personally, and I know it's terrible of me, I get annoyed when a flashpoint takes more than 30 mins and any operation, with the exception of NiM EC, longer than an hour, and the people im running with arent in 61/63 gear.

Here's the deal with most people and flashpoints: we've run them so many times that they are generally a waste of time, boring, and cost us money for wipes. Yet at the start of every flashpoint, I still ask if everyone's done it. As long as people are honest with the group, and ADMIT that they don't know the flashpoint and how to skip, then I have no problem helping and explaining. What I do have a problem with is people that try to bluff their way through and cost the group wipes or want to watch all the story lines. HM flashpoints are for gear. Not the story line. If you really want the story line, go solo the SM version of it.
Atrýss Leggo'my-agro Haji'go-boom Chive-on Sweetims
I'carry-baddies I'carry-scrubs I'cause-QQ

Swaption
01.03.2013 , 10:16 PM | #3
When I hit 50, I did not have the same issues as you. Hardmode "manners" means knowing the content and mechanics and asking for advice prior to start when you do not. Learning how to skip trash mobs and minor bosses (which don't drop usuable gear or give exp) is a standard part of play you should get used to.

For accidentally pulling trash mobs or getting stuck on cliffs, that is your fault for not following the leader or making basic mechanics mistake. The right thing to do then would be to apologize for your mistake and ask for help. Most people are pretty understanding if you apologize instead of whining and complaining about left behind.

You should also realize that most people running these have seen the cutscenes many times before. Wouldn't you be impolite on your part to make three other people wait for you? If you want to watch the scenes, go play story mode.

Bottom line is, you are the one who is new to this content. People who refuse to be helpful when you ask politely are ******es, but trying to impose your own expectations on more experienced players is not a good way to get them to behave poitely towards you.

DSpectre
01.03.2013 , 10:20 PM | #4
i never said i was complaining. i never said a thing to them about complaining. and yes i did ask for help and they still left me there.

and i was following the leader very well, i got caught between a rock and a wall and couldnt move. that wasnt my fault.

and not to mention i got ratted off for my gear. i honestly dont care, because i got the level 50 gear from the fleet, ripped the mods off those and put them on my revan stuff. its the exact same stats and people were complaining i wasnt at 14k health. uhm... i was at 13900 and im a marauder... and i didnt want to use the tionese because it looks dumb.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

USCG_Davis
01.03.2013 , 10:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
i never said i was complaining. i never said a thing to them about complaining. and yes i did ask for help and they still left me there.

and i was following the leader very well, i got caught between a rock and a wall and couldnt move. that wasnt my fault.

and not to mention i got ratted off for my gear. i honestly dont care, because i got the level 50 gear from the fleet, ripped the mods off those and put them on my revan stuff. its the exact same stats and people were complaining i wasnt at 14k health. uhm... i was at 13900 and im a marauder... and i didnt want to use the tionese because it looks dumb.
Ah right. You're not complaining; you're insulting the players who have done this flashpoint hundreds of times. I apologize for getting that confused. And if you were following the leader and you still got stuck; I fail to see how that isn't 100% your fault. This sounds very much to me like a player who has zero clue what he's doing elder game and wants to be catered to.
/thread

jedimasterjac
01.03.2013 , 10:40 PM | #6
I do agree people need to be more considerate. All groups I play with tend to help if someone accidentally aggros a group here or there. But you follow the tank. If he says skip, you skip. If he says jump, jump.

--Your friend from Jung Ma,
Jaceiy/Laokuei.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

USCG_Davis
01.03.2013 , 10:51 PM | #7
Oh, forgot to add this. You admitted that you wiped the group due to you pulling trash that everyone else skipped. So you already wasted their time/money and then you want to come here and complain that they got mad at you for taking even more of their time by watching the story. Word to the wise, dps are a dime a dozen and ones that waste time and cost credits, and don't have 14k health ( which is less health than recruit gear by the way) will be insta kicked. Hope you learn that end game raiders aren't going to cater to you

DSpectre
01.03.2013 , 11:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by USCG_Davis View Post
Ah right. You're not complaining; you're insulting the players who have done this flashpoint hundreds of times. I apologize for getting that confused. And if you were following the leader and you still got stuck; I fail to see how that isn't 100% your fault. This sounds very much to me like a player who has zero clue what he's doing elder game and wants to be catered to.
/thread

You have the Completely wrong gender there.

and yeah i have a right to insult them if they insulted me by basically saying im incompetent. and no one in a GAME should have to deal with that. its a game. not real life. it shouldnt be this harsh of an environment.

and getting stuck is my fault? yeah, keep telling yourself that.

more and more you are basically THE definition of what i deal with in group finder. be more courteous to players who are looking to have a good time.

and some of us havent done the flash points "hundreds of times".

the group is as strongest as its weakest link so therefore the group must be acoustomed to it. and if people run the flashpoints because its a waste of time, then why run them? do something else instead of making other players' game more rough
―Revan

DSpectre
01.03.2013 , 11:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
I do agree people need to be more considerate. All groups I play with tend to help if someone accidentally aggros a group here or there. But you follow the tank. If he says skip, you skip. If he says jump, jump.

--Your friend from Jung Ma,
Jaceiy/Laokuei.
i have to agree with you on that. lack of communication mostly
―Revan

Fiamma_Verde
01.03.2013 , 11:11 PM | #10
I don't think that getting stuck is the op's fault. It happens, and if they haven't done it before they don't know the exact right places to go to skip. Really if the group decides that they are going skip everything they should at leat have the courtesy to stick with the new guy so if trash is pulled it can be dealt with easily and not while everyone is spread out. Plus the person could have done T5 a hundred times before trying it as a hm and not know how to skip through everything, so saying that it's the player's responsibility to know how to do this is a little cold.

I dunno why tionese gear wouldn't be good enough ei ther. Especially since it is my understanding that their set bonus is kind of useless (I could be wrong on that one though). Just don't que for LI HM with only tionese without knowing what you're doing and it shouldn't be an issue.