Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loyalty reward box issues

Jeweledleah
12.21.2012 , 04:26 AM | #1
I actually opened a ticket a while ago about this, but I never got any response to it.

on my smuggler, Dangereuse, upon hitting lvl 20, I opened the box, but never got black hole commendations. yes she was eligible and had that box in her inventory for a while. I was able to add the pet to her collection. but commendations? not there.

could this possibly be fixed, please? I do plan on eventually taking her to max level at which point those commendations will actually be useful. I have couple of more character with those boxes in their inventories but not lvl 20 yet, and I'm kinda getting worried. hopefully they will be able to get everything with no issues.

thank you in advance.

P.S. screenshot to illustrate.

xomnow
12.21.2012 , 05:57 AM | #2
I had the exact same situation on my scoundrel. I had created the character well in advance of that reward, but hadn't leveled. When I set about leveling, I kept the box in my inventory until I hit 20. Opened it - no comms. My guess then (and now honestly) is that while the box says lvl 20 to open, to receive the comms you need to be lvl 50.

I submitted a ticket, and aside from a delay (this was months ago, nothing like the current delays people are reporting, and yeah, I know CS is swamped atm) they were able to confirm that my character qualified, that I had not received the comms, and then added them manually to my account.

I'd suspect they'd be able to do the same for you.

As an aside, on another character that has the box (lvl 42 atm), I'm waiting till 50 to open it after my experience with it.

Jeweledleah
12.21.2012 , 06:14 AM | #3
I also had a sith warrior that I was leveling with friends, so he was staying low for a while. I started leveling him up solo recently and he got his coms upon hitting level 20 just fine. same with agent, who hit lvl 20 few weeks after getting her box - got the coms just fine (I can take screenshots later in a day - none of them are 50 yet). I almost wonder if the bug affects republic characters, or just smugglers. I do have a lowbie shadow I've been putting off for now that I can get to 20 to test this theory but that would take a few days.

and I was expecting to get coms manually, but my ticket was submitted a while ago and I never heard from customer service. it just... disappeared. I don't play this character much at the moment, so I didn't realize the issue (or the fact that ticket disappeared without being responded to) right away. so that's why I posted here.

hopefully, you are right and they will correct it at some point. I can wait. I just want to know that it actually WILL be corrected and wasn't just brushed off to be forgotten.

xomnow
12.21.2012 , 09:46 AM | #4
Very interesting that you've had other characters open it pre-50 and received the comms... Your ideas about it being a republic character issue, or perhaps even more specifically a smuggler issue intrigues me. The lvl 42 character I'm holding on to 50 is an imperial character - and I'm nearly tempted to open it now. I think I'm going to play it safe (so as to prevent having to go through the ticket process again) in light of the experience you've had with your ticket. I really am thinking better safe than sorry...

If your ticket was closed, and we don't see a CS reply here soon, I'd suggest you go ahead and open a new one. I know the CS reps have mentioned in this section of the forums to not open multiple tickets about a single issue - but it strikes me that if indeed your previous one was simply closed (or even disappeared as you put it) then your only recourse is in fact to open a new one.

With the current high ticket volume, I have no doubt it could take a considerable amount of time, but again, at least in my case, they were ultimately able to solve this issue for me. As you say, it's not necessarily a super time critical issue, so perhaps no harm in starting early in hopes it's corrected before you hit 50. Good luck on getting this fixed.

WhyNot
12.23.2012 , 02:22 AM | #5
My Republic Trooper is still only level 46 (probably closer to 40 when I got and opened the box) and received the 25 BH comms. So, it at least worked back then for him. I haven't leveled any characters that got the box (but were below level to open) up to 20 recently, so don't know about now.

CloudCastle
12.29.2012 , 07:18 PM | #6
This happened to me on my Jedi Shadow the night before last. Opened the box, got the pet, but no comms. I have previously opened these loyalty boxes on other under-50 level chars and had no issues with missing items. I submitted a ticket and will check next time I log on to see if I have gotten a response.

CloudCastle
01.03.2013 , 08:34 PM | #7
My ticket was answered in a few days time and I got my missing comms in the mail. All is well again.

CloudCastle
01.24.2013 , 06:33 AM | #8
I think I may have this problem with all my characters from now on. Had it happen to a second character recently as well. The first time my coins were restored, my UI was reset with it. Second time they were restored, my UI was reset and I lost my "speeder piloting I" ability. I don't really understand what the correlation is, but I thought I'd mention it here.

I put in a ticket, but after 4 days without my speeder I decided to just rebuy the training again. It was only 270 credits (?!) Is "speeder piloting I" always that cheap? It seemed a lot less expensive than I remembered. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm a little wary of future characters having this loyalty box problem now.

MykkDalys
01.30.2013 , 06:49 PM | #9
My level 20 Jedi Knight did not receive his black hole commendations from his Loyalty Box. I opened a ticket. I waited 5 days. They sent me the comms in the mail. THEY WIPED MY UI. Of course.

Make sure if this happens to you, you take screenshots of your button layout. Looks like they left quickbar 1 mostly intact, and wiped 2-5. Keybindings seem okay, and the layout seems unchanged.

I can't read the resolution, because since they mailed me comms and wiped my UI, the help panel is bugged.

What a great reward