Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Trews's Avatar


Trews
01.03.2013 , 03:46 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Of all the things that this game needs, pandering to a tiny fraction of the community is not one of them. Since this is now a suggestion thread, I would suggest:
  • Continuing class stories.
  • Greater guild functionality.
  • SSSP.
Completely agree. Waste of dev time/effort. Esseles still kicks you to desktop, ability delay still around, no cross server etc.

Thank god i can at least set my mood to "angry" to show everyone in fleet how upset i am with the state of this game...

p.s - facial expressions are lame and no one uses them.

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
01.03.2013 , 03:52 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
Uh, different department different resources. Guild Amenities only needs very little resources from the Writing Department.

Oh, and just HOW do you know how small the amount of people that have been asking for this are? Just because there might seem to be a small amount vocally asking for this doesn't represent just how many would ACTUALLY use this. Cause for all you know it could be a Majority that wants SGR's added but only a small fraction actually comes onto the Forums and vocally asks for it.

Also, the people who are asking for this are NOT being "Very Loud" so please don't blow that out of proportion either.
On the same token, the people against the forthcoming addition of SGRAs coming to the forums could be a tiny portion of the people who are actually against it. See how that works?
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
01.03.2013 , 03:53 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Trews View Post
Completely agree. Waste of dev time/effort. Esseles still kicks you to desktop, ability delay still around, no cross server etc.

Thank god i can at least set my mood to "angry" to show everyone in fleet how upset i am with the state of this game...

p.s - facial expressions are lame and no one uses them.
I am just not going to resub. It is clear that the dev's priorities are very much askew. At least as far as I am concerned. I certainly do not speak for everyone.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
01.03.2013 , 04:24 PM | #54
Every other Bioware game has SGR. Most people who play Bioware games expect it. Aside from Bioware games, even Skyrim has same gender marriage. Where's all the uproar and mass exodus of all the people who play those games? Oh wait, there wasn't any. Why would SWTOR be any different?
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Tattari's Avatar


Tattari
01.03.2013 , 05:24 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Of all the things that this game needs, pandering to a tiny fraction of the community is not one of them. Since this is now a suggestion thread, I would suggest:
  • Continuing class stories.
  • Greater guild functionality.
  • SSSP.
Adding SGR IS a way to continue a class story. Playing a Fem!SW, for example. There is a moment on Taris
Spoiler


It may be small, but it's all a part of how YOU'VE been playing your character and it can be an important little tidbit for said character.

An SGR can go the same way and it makes the story, for certain players, seem more real, fulfilling, and fun.

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
01.03.2013 , 05:25 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Tattari View Post
Adding SGR IS snip...
Class stories are not being advanced in the Makeb digital expansion.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Altyrell's Avatar


Altyrell
01.03.2013 , 05:26 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Tattari View Post
Adding SGR IS a way to continue a class story. Playing a Fem!SW, for example. There is a moment on Taris
Spoiler


It may be small, but it's all a part of how YOU'VE been playing your character and it can be an important little tidbit for said character.

An SGR can go the same way and it makes the story, for certain players, seem more real, fulfilling, and fun.
Not to mention, they've stated that adding SGR's with Companions, which depending on how they are done, can be obtained through additional Chapters to the Class Stories, will in fact, add to the Class Stories.

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
01.03.2013 , 05:27 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Not sure what else I should type here to stay within the rules other than I suggest that other needs be prioritized ahead of SGRs.
And I'd agree but really, a few lines of dialogue (because that's what they are actually getting) is not "being prioritized" by any stretch of the imagination.

However, I'd like to see you saying the same when they add sitting in chairs to the game.
It's not important in the bigger picture of things, because they need to fix/add a lot of things to be able to say that they are at that point where it's OK to sacrifice resources for such things that are pure fluff and not everyone wants/needs them. I don't. But I'm not going to protest such an addition, because some might find it interesting. Same goes for SGR.
And before you say anything about sitting in chairs being an RP must, keep in mind that having a gay/bisexual character could also be used for RPing

We all have to realize that it's not always about what WE want. Sometimes it's about what other people want.

Altyrell's Avatar


Altyrell
01.03.2013 , 05:28 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Class stories are not being advanced in the Makeb digital expansion.
Well duh, it would be a bit early to add a new Chapter to the 8 Class Stories considering what all would go into making 8 Separate Chapters that are unique to each Class. Also, it isn't like they won't add more Chapters after the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion.

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
01.03.2013 , 05:33 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
We all have to realize that it's not always about what WE want. Sometimes it's about what other people want.
And what this thread is about is me disagreeing with the priority being given to a feature a small yet very vocal part of the community have been screaming for. There is plenty more that should have taken precedence.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk