Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alacrity vs Power vs Surge

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Alacrity vs Power vs Surge

llarry
01.02.2013 , 11:34 AM | #1
I have 2 lvl 50 Bounty Hunters that I leveled solo runing the storyline and all back missions on each planet. I am rather proud of that, though it's probably not very interesting to many. My question id this; I am now gearing for some ops and some flash points with my sons, and I need to understand the value of the Alacrity vs Power vs Surge when it comes to specs for these 2. One is a Merc and the other a Pyro. Can any help, or point me in the direction of help in this?

Thanks

Infalliable
01.03.2013 , 02:32 PM | #2
Well, the way things are itemized you can choose between accuracy, surge, and alacrity. I'm assuming you're talking DPS specs.

You generally want accuracy such that you've got 110% ranged hit chance.
Surge to around 250-300 (~75-77% critical damage)

After that, it's largely choice. Alacrity is fine and is more useful the more channeled skills you use. It can make heat harder to manage, but there isn't much to be gained from any other stat.

For Power, you're basically choosing between it and critical rating. You typically want about 350 critical rating, then stack power.

--
For heal specs, you pretty much will take some alacrity as accuracy is useless. Crit/power tradeoff is basically the same.

--
For tank specs, someone else will have to chime in.

Khevar
01.03.2013 , 03:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Infalliable View Post

You generally want accuracy such that you've got 110% ranged hit chance.

I hope meant to say to 110% tech accuracy, because 110% ranged accuracy requires over 800 accuracy rating, meaning your earpiece, implants, all enhancements and most of your augments would need to be +accuracy, which is a TERRIBLE idea.

You need ~100% ranged accuracy / ~110% tech accuracy.

This Arsenal Mercenary loadout is arguably close to Best in Slot (some might prefer to swap out some of the Agile 27 mods for Nimble 27).
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...d-be20cbe9a742

it ends up with 35% crit / 76% surge when all's said and done.

Infalliable
01.03.2013 , 03:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I hope meant to say to 110% tech accuracy, because 110% ranged accuracy requires over 800 accuracy rating, meaning your earpiece, implants, all enhancements and most of your augments would need to be +accuracy, which is a TERRIBLE idea.

You need ~100% ranged accuracy / ~110% tech accuracy.

This Arsenal Mercenary loadout is arguably close to Best in Slot (some might prefer to swap out some of the Agile 27 mods for Nimble 27).
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...d-be20cbe9a742

it ends up with 35% crit / 76% surge when all's said and done.
yeah, a little oversight.