Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grey. Red. Black.

thatghost
01.02.2013 , 12:23 AM | #51
Recovered and back there on page three. Another note (you'd think I'd be less scattered now that the holidays are over): The Lambent is the name of Mirrigan's ship. Likely stating the obvious again <at self

iamthehoyden
01.02.2013 , 08:17 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by thatghost View Post
Well. There was a new chapter until I hit 'preview' and something went amiss.
*winces* Ugh, I've done that. A lot, unfortunately. It's gotten to the point that any significant post that took some time gets copied before I hit any button.

Oh, quick request: when you post a new chapter, could you post which number it is? I've been having a teeny bit of trouble finding where I left off. I did, however, find this one!
Quote:
The voices have disintegrated, leaving behind only echoes which are being swiftly smothered by an odd sensation of warmth.
Teeheehee! I LOVE Scourge's perspective in this. Love love love it. I also like the alternate title.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

thatghost
01.02.2013 , 10:22 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
*winces* Ugh, I've done that. A lot, unfortunately. It's gotten to the point that any significant post that took some time gets copied before I hit any button.
I was so livid that I had to go out on my front porch to simmer down, just long enough to literally chill out but not long enough to court frostbite. But lesson learned

Quote:
Oh, quick request: when you post a new chapter, could you post which number it is? I've been having a teeny bit of trouble finding where I left off. I did, however, find this one!
Should I put the numbers in a short follow-up post, do you think? I'm beginning to rue the blocks-of-three format I've been using. On the one hand I hate to discard it because I'm so used to it by now; on the other, it takes 3x longer for me to edit and even I have trouble finding chapters when I need to check certain things (that little index thinger on the first page doesn't help much)...suggestions?

Quote:
Teeheehee! I LOVE Scourge's perspective in this. Love love love it. I also like the alternate title.
<3 Thanks Hoyden...his voice is almost too strong...must...not...cave to temptation...must take the next chapter drastically elsewhere as I started to see it right after I woke up this morning...eeeurgh...please shut up, Scourge...
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
01.02.2013 , 11:31 AM | #54
I was so livid that I had to go out on my front porch to simmer down, just long enough to literally chill out but not long enough to court frostbite. But lesson learned
What always gets me with those is that my replacement is rarely as good as the original. Just eats at me.
Quote:
..suggestions?
Personally I like to post as I go (cause I'm lazy, lol). If you stick with the three format, you might want to add an index at the beginning so you can find them easily among the comments. (I use Bright's index in the short fic thread religiously to find my own posts, lol.)
Quote:
..eeeurgh...please shut up, Scourge...
b-but dat voice! *swoons*
---------------

thatghost
01.02.2013 , 12:42 PM | #55
What always gets me with those is that my replacement is rarely as good as the original. Just eats at me.
That's exactly what happened the entire dream sequence was wiped and I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep unless it was rewritten. Maybe a good thing in the end, though; the original version was borderline explicit.

Quote:
Personally I like to post as I go (cause I'm lazy, lol). If you stick with the three format, you might want to add an index at the beginning so you can find them easily among the comments. (I use Bright's index in the short fic thread religiously to find my own posts, lol.)
Ooooh thanks, great idea; the index is there but it's in little non-linked text. Now I just have to work up the gumption to do all the needed link coding in WordPad and that's not "lazy", that's common sense (sometimes I wouldn't know common sense if it was running at me brandishing a tire iron)

Quote:
b-but dat voice! *swoons*
*wails* I know! But he needs to hush before he either knocks the next chapter off track or else forces me to play on my laptop (meh).
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
01.02.2013 , 01:15 PM | #56
Ooooh thanks, great idea; the index is there but it's in little non-linked text. Now I just have to work up the gumption to do all the needed link coding in WordPad and that's not "lazy", that's common sense (sometimes I wouldn't know common sense if it was running at me brandishing a tire iron)
Here, have an index (You'll need to take the space out of the [/ URL] at the end of each link.)
Spoiler
---------------

thatghost
01.02.2013 , 01:57 PM | #57
Here, have an index
That was weird timing, I'd just posted a terrible index which is now gone lol...you saved me! *hugs* Oh, thank you so much. Okay, now I owe you I have tea, caramel drizzle frappuccino, there's always chocolate somewhere in the house...um...I stashed away some madeleines not too long ago...

...or else next chapter = Scourge? Makes sense anyway, it being the last of a three-block and what I had in mind would fit better as the starter of a chapter trilogy...listen to me giving in to temptation, it was inevitable since I'm logging in to play pretty soon and intend to hit Voss after running a few dailies *sigh*

iamthehoyden
01.02.2013 , 05:53 PM | #58
No problem at all, just keep writing about Scourge and we'll call it even
---------------

thatghost
01.02.2013 , 09:58 PM | #59
No problem at all, just keep writing about Scourge and we'll call it even
Done and done...okay, done tomorrow (I played tonight, a lot longer than I anticipated)

thatghost
01.21.2013 , 01:11 AM | #60
Was that a lot longer or what? But there ya go, Hoyden

Really, really tough seeing as how Mirrigan dinged 50 last year sometime- and this time of year is always rough. The addendum to this latest chapter says it all.