Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Market, unlock additional cargo bay (account).

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Cartel Market, unlock additional cargo bay (account).
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Flying-Brian
01.02.2013 , 07:16 PM | #1
Last night I purchased the Cartel Market Unlock, unlock additional cargo bay (account wide), since I was able to find one for a good price on the GTN.

Upon using it with the character I purchased it with, it unlocked the 5th cargo bay tab on that character.

Now here comes the the problem.

When I logged into the other characters on my account on that server (harbinger), I found out that not only did each character NOT have an additional cargo bay tab unlocked. But that each character had the last active cargo bay tab REMOVED. All the items what where in those bays where then mailed back to me, with the header "account downgrade".

After closing out the game and restarting it, the missing cargo bays that had been removed were back. But the additional cargo bay from the unlock had still not been applied to any character (and was in fact missing from the character that used the unlock).

So, any insight as to what would have caused this to happen? And when (if ever) I can expect the cargo bay unlock to be correctly applied to my account?

Beruthien
01.02.2013 , 07:21 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Flying-Brian,

The best thing I can recommend in this situation would be to submit an in-game ticket as this issue would require an investigation from our in-game team.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

La_Trix
01.02.2013 , 07:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings Flying-Brian,

The best thing I can recommend in this situation would be to submit an in-game ticket as this issue would require an investigation from our in-game team.

Thank you!
Wow, you could respond to that in five minutes, but you can't respond to the billing thread in a month?
Beer and Pie since 2003.

allaireb
01.03.2013 , 10:06 AM | #4
I have a similar problem,

yesterday I have applied a serie of account wide unlocks

- Customization Control: Display Legacy Name (Account)
- Customization Control: Display Titles (Account)
- Customization Control: Hide Head Slot (Account)
- Customization Control: Unify Colors (Account)
- Unlock: Cargo Bay (Account)
- 3 x Galactic Trade Network: 10 Sale Slots (Account)
- Crew Skill Assignment Slot (Account)

Today all of those are not working, and being a free to play player I can't submit a ticket.

AlixMV
01.03.2013 , 04:01 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings Flying-Brian,

Thank you!
I had the same problem and submitted an in game ticket for it (Bug) and it was closed with the boilerplate (forwarded internally, blah blah blah).

How exactly should a problem like this be classified in your in-game ticketing Categories? None of them seem to fit very well. (I opened a second one and went with Item/Loot, but is it an Item/Loot? You guys really ought to create a 'Cartel Market' category for all the CM issues you guys have been having).
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Brixyl / Serateh ~ Ydris

Flying-Brian
01.03.2013 , 08:27 PM | #6
At this point, my ticket is still open, and was submitted as a bug.

Ashenic
01.04.2013 , 03:36 AM | #7
I have a similar problem where I already made a post.

Just letting you know right now, those tickets won't be answered any time soon...
I am imagination.
I can see what the eyes cannot see.
I can hear what the ears cannot hear.
I can feel what the heart cannot feel.

uaintjak
01.04.2013 , 12:09 PM | #8
Hey guys, just to offer you a little bit of hope.

I had the same problem (purchased an account-wide cargo bay unlock from the GTN) applied it and it did not work. I submitted a ticket on the 20th of December and posted on the message boards. The CSR on the boards advised me to update my ticket with the name of the character who used the unlock, what server, and approximately what time (so they could track it down and look into it).

My ticket remained open until January 2nd, when it was closed by a CSR who incorrectly identified my problem as having bought a cargo HOLD and not a cargo BAY.

I was pretty steamed.

I opened up a second ticket, explained that it was my second ticket and why I had to open it, explained the problem again, and included the original ticket's number.

The next day, January 3rd, I heard back from the CSR who had closed my original ticket, apologizing for misunderstanding the problem, and my additional cargo bays were restored.

So they can and are fixing this. Don't lose hope.

Beesodd
01.04.2013 , 12:57 PM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the update, uaintjak. I'm happy to hear this got sorted for you.

Ashenic, it seems that your initial ticket didn't contain enough information. Can you provide the name of the character and server that you used/bought it on and the approximate time that you used the unlock?

AlixMV, I can see that your ticket is in and looks to be without issue. It will be looked at as soon as possible.

Flying-brian, for an issue of this nature, submit it as a character issue or an item restore request rather than a bug. That said, don't worry about your existing ticket, it's now been recategorised and will be addressed as soon as possible.

allaireb, yours appears to be a different issue, as some of the unlocks you mentioned aren't susceptible to this bug, and it affects items bought on the GTN rather than through the cartel market. If you wish to submit a ticket, you can use the form here: www.swtor.com/support/form.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

uaintjak
01.04.2013 , 02:43 PM | #10
Beesod, can you tell us, does this bug happen every time? Or is it random?

The reason I ask is that i'd like to purchase an additional cargo bay, but if I have to submit a ticket again, I'll just wait until its fixed. If it only happens sometimes, I'm tempted to take my chances again.