Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Won't patch, won't launch, won't download

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Won't patch, won't launch, won't download
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

testszag
07.12.2012 , 08:32 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings testszag,

If your launcher is trying to repair the same files repeatedly the following steps should help you greatly:
Please let us know if your issue persists.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused
i have done all this. it is exactly what i was told to do the last time that this happened, and the time before that. it does not help. again, this is not a problem on my end. this is happening after every patch. something in your patches is breaking the game for many of us.
no f2p 4 me

Kyovarde
07.12.2012 , 06:34 PM | #32
When I attempt to update I get a message saying that its up to date.

Kyovarde
07.15.2012 , 03:31 PM | #33
What a waste of time and money.

hotwinguk
08.07.2012 , 09:40 AM | #34
well thats it for swtor for me. that is 2 25 topups to try to fix this. 50 and nothing in return for it. still just trying to repair. realy pissed with this

Cerimon
08.07.2012 , 09:58 AM | #35 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings hotwinguk,

If you find the same files repeatedly being repaired please run Chkdsk and then Repair once more to verify no files needing repair as follows:

Run chkdsk
Chkdsk is a tool which is built into Windows that checks your hard drive for bad sectors. We ask you to run chkdsk so that you can be sure that your game files are not being written to a bad segment of your hard drive, causing them to become corrupted.

To run chkdsk via the Windows Command Prompt:
  • Open the Windows Start Menu
  • Type 'cmd' in the 'Search programs and files' field, hold Ctrl+Shift and press enter
  • Type 'chkdsk <drive >:' where the drive is the letter of the drive you are installing to, e.g. 'chkdsk c:', and press enter If errors are detected you can repair using the '/r' option, e.g. 'chkdsk c: /r'
To run chkdsk via the Windows GUI (Windows 7):
  • Select 'Computer' from the Windows Start Menu
  • Right-click on the drive you are installing to and select 'Properties'
  • Select the 'Tools' tab
  • Under 'Error Checking' select 'Check now...' If errors are detected, you will be prompted with an option to repair

Run repair
Please log into the launcher and before pressing play click on the cog icon and choose repair. Please run the repair utility multiple times until there is no indication of files being repaired.

If this does not help, try downloading the installer from www.swtor.com/download and running this over your existing installation.

Feel free to post again if your issue persists.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

OnCue
01.02.2013 , 04:11 PM | #36
I just purchased the game, I've put in disc 1, 2 and 3 and then it said please put DISC 1 back in.

And now that I've done that its just sitting at "Installing Main Assets 97 (0%)" for over a day. I have excellent internet connect, therefore im confused on why this is the only game i have ever ran across that is giving me grief. I have already used my 30day free game time that comes with purchased so any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks!