Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

/ops not working

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CriminalScum
04.02.2012 , 08:30 PM | #1
So I was attempting to do some pvping. We were doing fairly well but my team started getting ticked at me for using /pvp instead /ops. The thing is, I can't use /ops. For some reason when I type /ops and attempt to use it nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong or did I just run into a serious bug that could use some fixing? Not sure what the difference between /pvp and /ops is, as I am a noob when it comes to pvping/raiding, but based on the way my team got angry and called me mean things because I was using /pvp there must be something about doing that that is no bueno :/

Xecuter_B
04.02.2012 , 08:39 PM | #2
Happens to me all the time. You will be chatting away and then you are unable to use the channel.

Conveeyor
04.02.2012 , 08:47 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello,

First, we would recommend that you take a look at your chat settings if you have the operations channel not disabled for your main chat window. You can right click on your chat settings and under group channels, the box to the left of OPS should be checked.

Please contact us again if you still have issues or questions about the game.

Thank you for your support.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

CriminalScum
04.02.2012 , 09:08 PM | #4
Yeah everything that should be checked is checked I looked for myself but still I cannot use the /ops channel for some reason
Could a reinstall help? Although I would very much prefer that I didn't do that.

Conveeyor
04.02.2012 , 09:24 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
A reinstall is not necessary in our eyes and most probably would not resolve this issue. Have you tried the 'Repair'-function in the launcher window?

If this doesn't help we would ask you to contact the customer support, so we can investigate your issue. We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again in case you have further questions. Thank you.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

CriminalScum
04.02.2012 , 10:03 PM | #6
I have indeed used the repair tool but I am still having this issue.
Oh yes my brother who lives in the same house using the same isp is also having this issue.
And while the problem has not yet been fixed I do appreciate the timely response.
I guess I'll be contacting customer support soon but please if you figure it out don't hesitate to tell me

CriminalScum
04.14.2012 , 09:10 PM | #7
Well I don't know why, but /ops appears to be working in warzones again after patch 1.2 (which btw I'm loving) so... thx

ClayceWilson
01.02.2013 , 03:13 PM | #8
I have been getting this spontaneously for the last couple weeks, repair tool does not help .. when i log out and in again it will work usually but then will drop off again. It is really annoying

Hachirowan
01.02.2013 , 04:09 PM | #9
CTRL + U (this will reset your UI) then CTRL + U again. This has always resolved this type of issue for me and I have been experiencing this issue from time to time since Launch.
Imperial Ground Forces