Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight Ending.

Warcrarian
12.31.2012 , 01:14 PM | #1
So, I just end my dark side JK and in the end Master Satele says that I don't deserve to be a "Master" of the order because Im following a dark path and she doesn't want to ingnore it anymore, then a Republic General or something (dont remember) tells her that I deserve some credit and makes me "General of the Republic".

Thats my question. Why they still give the tittle "Master" and no "General"? Is kind of stupid when Satele said that Im no ready yet but still they gave it to me. Thanks
I fight because that is what I was made to do and the Empire is the instrument through which I realize my purpose.The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is PERFECT.

Bleeters
12.31.2012 , 01:33 PM | #2
In short? Because dark sided players complained during the beta about not recieving the 'Master' title.

errant_knight
12.31.2012 , 01:44 PM | #3
This is the same reason you get no darkside points for having a relationship as a knight. It is also why you can't tell companions to leave or kill them, even when it would be in character to do so. People acted like idiots, slaughtered each and every one, then complained that they couldn't play because they had no companions.

Warcrarian
12.31.2012 , 01:54 PM | #4
Wow... What a stupid choice to change the whole story just for stupids QQ's... Well thanks guys
I fight because that is what I was made to do and the Empire is the instrument through which I realize my purpose.The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is PERFECT.

Path-x
12.31.2012 , 02:23 PM | #5
I would take General over Master any day.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

TalkingDinosaur
12.31.2012 , 02:33 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Warcrarian View Post
So, I just end my dark side JK and in the end Master Satele says that I don't deserve to be a "Master" of the order because Im following a dark path and she doesn't want to ingnore it anymore, then a Republic General or something (dont remember) tells her that I deserve some credit and makes me "General of the Republic".

Thats my question. Why they still give the tittle "Master" and no "General"? Is kind of stupid when Satele said that Im no ready yet but still they gave it to me. Thanks
If I recall correctly you're not a Jedi Master, but the Republic gives you a similar award to Master despite the Council's decision to not grant you the rank of Master.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

errant_knight
12.31.2012 , 08:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Warcrarian View Post
Wow... What a stupid choice to change the whole story just for stupids QQ's... Well thanks guys
Well...you've seen the level of QQ on this forum. It was like that, lol. End of the freaking world.

NSStember
01.02.2013 , 01:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
In short? Because dark sided players complained during the beta about not recieving the 'Master' title.
Same with the Sith Warrior. They used to just get "Emperor's Wrath" but they whined and complained until they got "Darth" like the Inquisitors got.

thatghost
01.02.2013 , 02:14 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by NSStember View Post
Same with the Sith Warrior. They used to just get "Emperor's Wrath" but they whined and complained until they got "Darth" like the Inquisitors got.
And now they want "Emperor's Wrath" back. Go figure *shrug* but really, so many great titles were cut and when they made sense, too, in relation to the various storylines. Ah well.

@errant_knight: if you're a female JK you do get DS points for pursuing the romance arc (I've heard male JKs get nada, don't know if that's true or not?)

Warcrarian
01.02.2013 , 02:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by thatghost View Post
And now they want "Emperor's Wrath" back. Go figure *shrug* but really, so many great titles were cut and when they made sense, too, in relation to the various storylines. Ah well.

@errant_knight: if you're a female JK you do get DS points for pursuing the romance arc (I've heard male JKs get nada, don't know if that's true or not?)
You don't get any DS points for that.
The devs are killing their own game, If you want the Master tittle then play Light Side just as simple as that. You want to be "bad" whit a jedi? Those are the consequences for being dark side.