Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PadawanRick
01.02.2013 , 11:30 AM | #1781
Wow, when i checked my credit card transaction a minute ago i saw that i had five small withdrawals for $1,209 each, i tried to buy CC's five times..., so appearantly they still charge for the transaction someway?, or is it my bank that charges for it?
S**t happens!

Gamebeep
01.02.2013 , 11:51 AM | #1782
i just got the Rise of the hutts its working now?

JoniKeskinen
01.02.2013 , 11:56 AM | #1783
I managed to get pass the general error the Store gave me, so here's what I did:

Note, I only did this with a Paypal account and not sure if it works for credit cards aswel.

1. Go to your account
2. Then go to Subscription
3. Click "Show your payment history".
4. Delete the saved Paypal account by clicking the cross. And then obviously click "Yes - Delete Saved Account".
5. Now go back to the Store
6. Click the item you wish to purchase

With me at least it did not skip two steps and give the error, but let me chose the payment method manually.
Had no problem paying my Cartel Coins and the Pre-Order expansion after this.

Hope this helps some of you guys!

I am not an tech expert, but it would seem to be an issue with the webpage, thus not an issue with Paypal or any banks.

Klikzi
01.02.2013 , 12:09 PM | #1784
I made about half a dozen attempts to purchase coins over the last 2 days, as I'm sure many others did, after encountering the "Error {0}" message and being advised to "try again later". None of these attempts, however, went further than the error message. I never saw a confirmation screen or a payment option screen. Now my online bank statement shows that I have indeed been charged for 1 of these purchase attempts. My cartel coin ledger, however, shows no purchases. Nor have I received any coins in-game.

Whilst I pride myself on being level-headed and patient, I was somewhat disconcerted by the fact that a charge was made to my credit card when:
a) The error message indicated that there was a problem with the transaction (I don't believe it's unreasonable to assume that this message indicates that the transaction was not successful and that no charge would be made)
b) I was not given the option to review my purchase, select a payment method or confirm the purchase
c) I have not received any goods from the purchase.

Now I'm willing to grant that perhaps the cartel coin ledger is slower than my bank and that the coins will be added. But now I have to wait another business day and hope that only 1 of my "failed" attempts at purchasing coins was actually charged. I advise people, somewhat disappointingly, to check their own statements.

Hachirowan
01.02.2013 , 12:17 PM | #1785
Quote: Originally Posted by JoniKeskinen View Post
I managed to get pass the general error the Store gave me, so here's what I did:

Note, I only did this with a Paypal account and not sure if it works for credit cards aswel.

1. Go to your account
2. Then go to Subscription
3. Click "Show your payment history".
4. Delete the saved Paypal account by clicking the cross. And then obviously click "Yes - Delete Saved Account".
5. Now go back to the Store
6. Click the item you wish to purchase

With me at least it did not skip two steps and give the error, but let me chose the payment method manually.
Had no problem paying my Cartel Coins and the Pre-Order expansion after this.

Hope this helps some of you guys!

I am not an tech expert, but it would seem to be an issue with the webpage, thus not an issue with Paypal or any banks.
I was told to remove my billing information (a bank card) and then re-add it as a resolution for this error the first time I had called in. i refused and asked to be escalated to tier two...(I would go into this more, but short version is, I have not gotten a resolution yet). I then read on another post regarding this issue where a bioware employee had posted that they do not Advise removing your billing information as a resolution.

I'm glad it worked for you, but if you have a CC or Debit card on file, it seems that Bioware is recommending you do not do this as you may not be able to re-add it.
Imperial Ground Forces

methoddman
01.02.2013 , 12:33 PM | #1786
Yesterday I was getting the {0} error. Today I was able to purchase. Yesterday I tried removing my subscription and then readding it, I tried removing all methods of payments and readding them, I tried adding a new visa and a paypal account. None of this worked yesterday, but today I could, so I don't know if bioware fixed something or maybe it took 24hrs for one of these things I did to work. Either way I'm up and running again. Good luck to others.

JasonKingsman
01.02.2013 , 12:40 PM | #1787
It's been 4 days now and I'm still getting the error. I called Customer Service once a few days ago and they said to wait 24 hours and it would resolve itself. No luck. Today I've called customer service twice today and after an hour on-hold both times I gave up. I can't stand companies that have terrible customer service..

Nigredo
01.02.2013 , 01:04 PM | #1788
just got off the phone with the Queen of Useless, the higher level of support went back to work today and .....has been shut down by the amount of problems.. so for the next 24-48 hours we will hear nothing from the cave of rectal monkey's or the goomba's who answer the phone...

PS.. if i select 1 for English... i want to speak to someone speaking English... Not English as a Second language with a speech impediment..

Hachirowan
01.02.2013 , 01:38 PM | #1789
Quote: Originally Posted by Nigredo View Post
just got off the phone with the Queen of Useless, the higher level of support went back to work today and .....has been shut down by the amount of problems.. so for the next 24-48 hours we will hear nothing from the cave of rectal monkey's or the goomba's who answer the phone...

PS.. if i select 1 for English... i want to speak to someone speaking English... Not English as a Second language with a speech impediment..
Yep, that's what happened to me. After asking What for roughly 20 mins because I could not understand what they were asking me, I asked to be escalated to next level. After about an hour of waiting an actual person answered, but told me to call back after a couple hours because they were updating the phone system.

Sounds like he begining of the End for this game... Glad they decided to put time into an expansion before resolving this and all of the other issues.
Imperial Ground Forces

ripnami
01.02.2013 , 01:40 PM | #1790
Yea, it's still completely broken, and just as a note for people outside the USA: if you attempt to make a purchase using a prepaid credit card, it will charge you the 'international service fee' each attempt, regardless of getting the error or not. Here in Canada that's $1.10 for pre-paid visa/mastercards. So if you get a $50 card, and want to buy the 5400 coin pack (39.99 + 4.95 tax) and have received the error more than 3 times, you are out of luck and will not have enough on the card for the 5400 coin pack.

EA really needs to take the entire web store offline until this is fixed.