Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ship Pickup

flowenots
01.01.2013 , 12:22 AM | #11
Love this idea!

But it should have the option of having your ship shot down or locked to planet unless you slice few towers or something. What better extra mission than having to hunt a spare parts to your ship to make it fly again. Or even send companion to do this while u protect your ship.

Id like to take the moment to share my other ship related issues. Why do I have to fly to space every time I want to visit my ship? Id like to stay in spaceport till I desire to warmup the engines and go. Who is the ship captain really? I did not clear anyone to move it to the planet I toke shuttle to! Now would be fun to call companions to move it to another planet. Or if I'm stuck to a diffferent planet than my ship? Why not have a friend or my other character pick me up and give ride?

JohnNightWalker
01.01.2013 , 03:50 AM | #12
Something like "Priority Transport - Personal Ship" would be nice. Shares cooldown with other "Priority Transport" abilities and available from lvl 20.

CTFoxhound
01.02.2013 , 07:55 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
I could not care less about your "canon". I am not Han Solo, I do not have to sit in the ship to travel. I am playing a game, I want to enjoy that experience, I do not enjoy all the crap I have to go through to get from one planet to another. Again, if you like it so much they can leave that option open to you, but for me they can remove ships altogether, they server no purpose anyway.
I don't think this game is for you. Space is a big part of Star Wars, while the space features aren't that impressive atm I'm sure they will be improved in the future. Especially since the "super secret space project" is in the works which is most likely gonna be a massive expansion down the road. (Hopefully sooner than later)

I really want some customization to our ships too. Because they kinda feel like your house. The legacy perks to the ship is a start but they need to do more with them atm.

Slightrider
01.15.2013 , 11:57 AM | #14
personally, I think we need longer travel times and more to do on ship to occupy that time.
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

lichoniespi
01.15.2013 , 02:09 PM | #15
Many things disappoint me in SWTOR, im still somewhere near "just get 8x50 and unistall" but to often i catch myself to just willing install TSL again than actuallly log in swtor, but nevermind.

It generally bugged me that there was no "Ship pick up" clikie. It could even share a timer with fleet pass, after all there is no much difference in balance if i teleport straight to my ship or fleet and then 5 log screens. There is however difference in my patience and enjoyment from the game.

Maybe i not programist, but creating "fraighter pickup" dont seem to be beyond developers ability to code. A lot of copy paste from flee pass i suppose. Nothing stops from implementing this as classic feature.

But hell, why to care about option which would be useful and welcome, and will increase gameplay experience. Welcome to BioWEAre 2013. Its better to work more on some Cartel Pay to Win.

Targarion
01.15.2013 , 03:20 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tashira View Post
A suggestion - since ships we use are able to land planet side, why could you not summon your crew and ship to your location with a two hour cool down. Maybe a cartel coin purchase
That seems like a good idea.