Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Horrible Latency Spikes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Angylbane's Avatar


Angylbane
12.31.2012 , 01:08 PM | #11
And yet again.

Libensborn's Avatar


Libensborn
12.31.2012 , 02:24 PM | #12
Good luck bro,

Ive been trying to call them through phone all day and waiting like 30 mins per call hearing SW music while im being charged. They say im in queue, but we all know they're getting ready for the new year. So try again on Wednesday

Roalmo's Avatar


Roalmo
12.31.2012 , 03:41 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Libensborn View Post
Good luck bro,

Ive been trying to call them through phone all day and waiting like 30 mins per call hearing SW music while im being charged. They say im in queue, but we all know they're getting ready for the new year. So try again on Wednesday
This is a good idea, saw in another "yellow" response that the phone CS have split until new years is over...

jediturbodude's Avatar


jediturbodude
12.31.2012 , 03:58 PM | #14
Join the club. Seriously often now, 300-800ms spikes from 25-26 ms. Almost every minute now. Done EVERY logical thing to make it right, it's not US!

Libensborn's Avatar


Libensborn
12.31.2012 , 04:12 PM | #15
My usualy ping is 200ms because im in Europe and playing in an US server. But i can play awsomely well with 200ms. But sometimes the ping goes from 200ms to 500-6000ms...and Im 200% its not on my end, because all else that is consuming bandwidth keeps working (torrents, video streaming, etc).

I remember this very same problem with patch 1.2, it took weeks to get solved.

Mudge's Avatar


Mudge
12.31.2012 , 10:23 PM | #16
I've been having this issue since 1.6 went live...
I've been playing since closed beta so thank you but I am very aware of everything my computer does in relation to your game..
Since 1.6 I've been having packet losses ingame.. this is the ONLY thing it can be as I have checked connection on my end and even spoken to iinet (Australia) to see if it was something their end and it is only on your game as I play a number of MMO's and other online games with no issues what-so-ever.

If you like I can provide you with a screen-shot showing my latency of 248915 ms .... yes that's TWO HUNDRED FORTY EIGHT THOUSAND, NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN ... and that's where it stopped counting.
On occussion it is enough to drop me completely from the game but 95% of the time I get packets back after a couple of minutes and it runs .. all be it extremely laggy again.
I KNOW you are aware of the DNS issue as it has been raised on another thread from whoever runs your servers..
So I do understand its not BIOWARE or EA its the service provider you use that runs your server farm.. they have an issue with one of their DNS things...

I truly love the game and have been playing a long while now .. but this latency spike thing is driving me insane.. PLEASE PLEASE have someone either speak to your (BIOWARE / EA) server farm manager or look at getting a new one..
As I pointed out above I live in Australia and I play on the US servers .. I'm very aware my ping sits normally around 500-700ms and that's fine its a price I pay for playing in US with fantastic people and guilds... but the current latency spikes IS NOT NORMAL.
Emotion, yet peace. __ Ignorance, yet knowledge
Passion, yet serenity. __ Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

-Mythix-'s Avatar


-Mythix-
12.31.2012 , 10:26 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Angylbane,

Your posted tracert and pathping do not show any issue. Can I ask you to perform a pathping while experiencing connectivity problems so we may pin down where the issue is.

Thanks.
Issue is your game engine is terrible. Then again, the copius amounts of threads people are making are "clearly" mistaken, and can't be the game at all.

icemanix's Avatar


icemanix
12.31.2012 , 11:47 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Mudge View Post
I've been having this issue since 1.6 went live...
I've been playing since closed beta so thank you but I am very aware of everything my computer does in relation to your game..
Since 1.6 I've been having packet losses ingame.. this is the ONLY thing it can be as I have checked connection on my end and even spoken to iinet (Australia) to see if it was something their end and it is only on your game as I play a number of MMO's and other online games with no issues what-so-ever.

If you like I can provide you with a screen-shot showing my latency of 248915 ms .... yes that's TWO HUNDRED FORTY EIGHT THOUSAND, NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN ... and that's where it stopped counting.
On occussion it is enough to drop me completely from the game but 95% of the time I get packets back after a couple of minutes and it runs .. all be it extremely laggy again.
I KNOW you are aware of the DNS issue as it has been raised on another thread from whoever runs your servers..
So I do understand its not BIOWARE or EA its the service provider you use that runs your server farm.. they have an issue with one of their DNS things...

I truly love the game and have been playing a long while now .. but this latency spike thing is driving me insane.. PLEASE PLEASE have someone either speak to your (BIOWARE / EA) server farm manager or look at getting a new one..
As I pointed out above I live in Australia and I play on the US servers .. I'm very aware my ping sits normally around 500-700ms and that's fine its a price I pay for playing in US with fantastic people and guilds... but the current latency spikes IS NOT NORMAL.
I logged in to start playing again today. As the Australian servers are all but empty I tried to play on The Harbinger and Shadowlands. I see the exact same issue - steady at 245ms (from Perth, Western Australia, through iiNet as my ISP) and every few minutes i'll get a horrendous spike up to a few thousand milliseconds of latency. It makes trying to play nothing short of frustrating. I don't want to relegate myself to the Australian servers as there is barely a community there - at least in the US West servers i'm guaranteed to be able to find people to play with.

Angylbane's Avatar


Angylbane
01.01.2013 , 02:06 PM | #19
See, this is the exact kind of crap I'm talking about. I live in West Virginia, and I play on an East Coast server. Normally, I get around 74ms. All of a sudden, my character stops moving and my latency jumps to 8000ms. I've seen it as far as 24k before dropping back to 74ms.

And yes, it happened after 1.2, then it was okay after 1.5, and now it has returned with 1.6. I've had enough. I LOVE this game; my girlfriend LOVES this game. We don't want to stop playing. This has made us question whether or not it's worth it anymore.

Mudge's Avatar


Mudge
01.01.2013 , 09:00 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Angylbane View Post
This has made us question whether or not it's worth it anymore.
I'm in the same shuttle (boat) I don't want to leave but I just can't play with these spikes ... if they aren't fixed I'm going to have to seriously consider just what my $15US ($15-16AU) is paying for..
Telling a company that YES YOU HAVE A PROBLEM is impossible the companies are always going "no .. it couldn't be use we make games and run a mmo .. just because your computer is your life doesn't mean you know anything about it it must be your end"..

As to the Australia or Asian Pacific servers .. yeah I looked at them briefly when they first went up but I've always preferred the US servers.. I expect some lag with it.. after all I'm bouncing my connection around in space and all that a dozen times before it gets back to me.. so I'm used to a 400-600ms ping.. and thats fine .. SWTOR is more than playable at that latency ... at 200,000ms ... I think not
Emotion, yet peace. __ Ignorance, yet knowledge
Passion, yet serenity. __ Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.