Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Cartel packs false advertising

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cartel packs false advertising

FlyinSpaghetti's Avatar


FlyinSpaghetti
12.30.2012 , 10:54 PM | #1
So I got my monthly coins and decided to check out the cartel packs once more considering there's not much of interest for the 500 coins I get a month. Last cartel packs I bought only really dropped the ubrikki speeders and other junk so I got a blockade runner pack hoping for something different, wasn't expecting any of the fancy items to drop but considering it says:

http://i49.tinypic.com/dwamfp.png

... I was hoping it would give different bonus items entirely.

Here's what I received:

http://i49.tinypic.com/34qa9aq.png

Same items drop in both packs, it may be trash but still the same trash. Bioware could at least change the wording from "contains" to "could contain" as there's no guarantee that you'll get something that doesn't drop in another pack, the text on the market for these packs is misleading and I'm glad I don't pay real money on the cartel market.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Thorriin's Avatar


Thorriin
12.30.2012 , 11:03 PM | #2
Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain White color crystals? No. That's a bonus item.

Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain Cyan-Blue color crystals? No. That's a bonus item.

Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain any of the droid pets(not the atmosphere probe), blurrgs, or the tundra cat? Those are bonus items.

Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain the Diplomat's Hoverchair? No. That's a bonus item.



It isn't false advertising, because there are indeed bonus items (look above).
Never Tell Us the Odds
Thorriin -- Scoundrel
Daño -- Guardian
The Bastion US PvP

Schwerpunkt's Avatar


Schwerpunkt
12.30.2012 , 11:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Thorriin View Post
Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain White color crystals? No. That's a bonus item.

Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain Cyan-Blue color crystals? No. That's a bonus item.

Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain any of the droid pets(not the atmosphere probe), blurrgs, or the tundra cat? Those are bonus items.

Does the Crime Lord's Pack contain the Diplomat's Hoverchair? No. That's a bonus item.



It isn't false advertising, because there are indeed bonus items (look above).

Hey, this is the internet. The truth, and easily verified facts have no place in an uninformed rant.
CE Player In the ongoing battle between Good and Evil, Evil has more fun.

akdonkey's Avatar


akdonkey
12.30.2012 , 11:45 PM | #4
I'm Sure EA/Bioware has a team of Lawyers on Payroll that look over things like this to make sure they are stating all legal facts needed.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
12.31.2012 , 01:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
So I got my monthly coins and decided to check out the cartel packs once more considering there's not much of interest for the 500 coins I get a month. Last cartel packs I bought only really dropped the ubrikki speeders and other junk so I got a blockade runner pack hoping for something different, wasn't expecting any of the fancy items to drop but considering it says:

http://i49.tinypic.com/dwamfp.png

... I was hoping it would give different bonus items entirely.

Here's what I received:

http://i49.tinypic.com/34qa9aq.png

Same items drop in both packs, it may be trash but still the same trash. Bioware could at least change the wording from "contains" to "could contain" as there's no guarantee that you'll get something that doesn't drop in another pack, the text on the market for these packs is misleading and I'm glad I don't pay real money on the cartel market.
Misleading does not equal false

Is it misleading? YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

Is it false advertising? Maybe.
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

AboB's Avatar


AboB
12.31.2012 , 02:08 AM | #6
What happens if you use the ball toss emote in a Huttball game?

bassfu's Avatar


bassfu
12.31.2012 , 03:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
What happens if you use the ball toss emote in a Huttball game?
Should have made it a /kickball emote that would boot you from the match. I'd pay for the hilarity and whining that would follow.

AsheraII's Avatar


AsheraII
12.31.2012 , 04:57 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
So I got my monthly coins and decided to check out the cartel packs once more considering there's not much of interest for the 500 coins I get a month. Last cartel packs I bought only really dropped the ubrikki speeders and other junk so I got a blockade runner pack hoping for something different, wasn't expecting any of the fancy items to drop but considering it says:

http://i49.tinypic.com/dwamfp.png

... I was hoping it would give different bonus items entirely.

Here's what I received:

http://i49.tinypic.com/34qa9aq.png

Same items drop in both packs, it may be trash but still the same trash. Bioware could at least change the wording from "contains" to "could contain" as there's no guarantee that you'll get something that doesn't drop in another pack, the text on the market for these packs is misleading and I'm glad I don't pay real money on the cartel market.
I see you got a Ball Toss. Which doesn't drop in Crime Lords Packs.
. . . . . . ¶▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##¯¯(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==¯¯¯¯¯|####/¯¯

battycoda's Avatar


battycoda
12.31.2012 , 05:58 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
What happens if you use the ball toss emote in a Huttball game?
Ok, you are going into my signature. You made me snort coffee when I read that.

Vindrosa Legacy
Smuggler - 50 | Bounty Hunter - 50
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
What happens if you use the ball toss emote in a Huttball game?

Rehneu's Avatar


Rehneu
12.31.2012 , 06:07 AM | #10
Did you get Splinter of a Rakata Stronghold in one of the other packs? If not, it is not anywhere near false advertising. I do not ever recall getting that in the Crime Lord packs. I could be wrong though. Either way, I would bet that there are items in each type of pack that are not included in others. There for, not false advertising at all. Just a gamble and a roll that results in some of the same items that are found in the different packs.