Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game keeps losing connection

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game keeps losing connection
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sutii
09.02.2012 , 10:57 PM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing connection difficulties, please be aware that although they may appear similar, such is the case with problems of this nature even though they may be caused by very different reasons. Additionally, should an issue be ISP related, we will of course see multiple users being affected by the same problem. With that said, and I do note that I have responded to some of you already in other threads, please ensure you have checked each of the points within the following spoiler. If you are already actively discussing this matter in another thread, please continue to do so there.

Spoiler
Let us know how you get on.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

andreatara
12.28.2012 , 09:50 AM | #12
I'm having a very similar problem where the connection vacillates between fine and link dead occasionally kicking me out of game. I've tried all the top stuff so now I'm doing the cmd items.

Tracert of 159.153.92.28
Spoiler

Pathping
Spoiler

Please help.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing connection difficulties, please be aware that although they may appear similar, such is the case with problems of this nature even though they may be caused by very different reasons. Additionally, should an issue be ISP related, we will of course see multiple users being affected by the same problem. With that said, and I do note that I have responded to some of you already in other threads, please ensure you have checked each of the points within the following spoiler. If you are already actively discussing this matter in another thread, please continue to do so there.

Spoiler
Let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Cerimon
12.28.2012 , 10:27 AM | #13 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings andreatara,

It looks like you are connecting from a corporate or college network and that your connection is being blocked. Please contact your network administrator to have the ports specified in Sutiis' spoiler unblocked. Once this is done you should be in a position to play without a problem. If this is not the case then please perform another pathping as before so we can see where the connection is failing.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

andreatara
12.28.2012 , 05:09 PM | #14
Thanks for getting back to me. Do I list my own IP when putting in the ports for port forwarding or do I list the IP that the game server is on? I'm on a home network but it's not mine and Mom had it set up by her local computer people so I had to call them to get the password to log in *sigh*

Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings andreatara,

It looks like you are connecting from a corporate or college network and that your connection is being blocked. Please contact your network administrator to have the ports specified in Sutiis' spoiler unblocked. Once this is done you should be in a position to play without a problem. If this is not the case then please perform another pathping as before so we can see where the connection is failing.

Majedron
12.28.2012 , 07:22 PM | #15
This is BS, I pay to play this game as do several others I'm sure this is also happening to. I can surf the web with my xbox or my spare laptop at the time that I get X'd out for my connection on this game and returned to the server select screen. Every time I do the population lvl is heavy and never happened till you people started merging servers to INCREASE populations. But hey I'm sure it's nothing you have done and my 3 years of network support and 15 years of PC support amount to nothing at this point. FIX THE F'N PROBLEM. I will also note that I have the same issue at my work that I do at home and have no issues either place while playing DDO, STO, CO or any of the other MMO's that I subscribe to.

Majedron
12.28.2012 , 08:12 PM | #16
Going to add one more thing, since my last post I started a ping on Yahoo and was able to play for about 30 min then connection dropped once again for the game. I saw no issues with the ping which stayed pretty constant at about 65-88ms isn't great but could be worse. This issues is happening with 1 desktop wired and 2 laptops on wireless all running TOR in admin mode and a mix of OS's 2 on Win 7 and 1 on win 8. This is nuts, at least I wasn't in combat this time, could you please stop passing this off and acknowledge that there is an issue. If you would rather I can cancel my sub and ask for a refund on the pre-order I just did earlier today and go play something else.

EliteBreed
01.13.2013 , 02:51 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Stealios View Post
SInce this afternoon my game keeps losing the connection to my internet and thus logging me out.
However my internet connection itself remains perfectly untouched and I can even type this message while the game just disconnected me again.

Would love to get solution to this and no it's not my firewall or antivirus that is blocking it.
EDIT: I already tried repairing installer & also reinstalling the entire game. Both did not work
This happens to me Constantly i won't lag out of the game but my connection to the server lags, MY latency SKY rockets for some reason and them i am back in.I get the X at the bottom left of the map display..I can still move around but everyone else is frozen in place,then when i reconnect i am dead .This **** has to stop.I pay good money to play this game,No other game i play does this.

Esno
01.13.2013 , 03:53 PM | #18
Was having the same problem last night, kept dropping down to 1 red bar and game froze then carried on again over and over for a period of 5-10 mins crashed to server selection somewhere along the line. However still continued after finally reconnecting.

Internet connection was fine as was chatting on Vent and didnt lose connection or lag out, others were also experiencing the same during similar time frame. Gave up and logged out after finishing class mission as was damn annoying.

Had a small file downloading in background which was not interupted during download. (have had upto 5 files downloading at same time without these performance issues)

CTD/server selection page and increased latency drops have majorly increased since 1.4 was released and am ready to pull the pin on my subscription, as has dropped me during entry into ops/fps and when you finally log back in to find they dropped you from group to find a replacement and you get slogged with a lockout timer as you "left" the group finder group
Beware my BOOM stick Dalborra - (Vindication)
Esno - (Heals)Commando, Rygel - Jedi Knight, Dar'go - Jedi Consular,
Short'round - Smuggler // Nemesiss - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Gkarr - Sith Inquisitor, Londo - Imperial Agent

OwenBrooks
01.13.2013 , 06:16 PM | #19
Hi Esno,

When I get the chance will have a chat to you on vent about this.

Himeji_Endless
01.13.2013 , 06:27 PM | #20
Multiple error 4001s today - w t f is going on? Why dont you stop blaming us for a change and do some digging on your end? That's what we're paying for right? Dont you have more money to hire staff now that you're stealing so much money from people thru the cartel market ... gawd!

Pay your bills and hire competent staff who CAN help, not just cut n paste.

Phrik - Scoundrel<Lvl 24> Sawbones
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bastion (from Ajunta Pall)