Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrible Latency Spikes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Angylbane
12.26.2012 , 01:52 PM | #1
I've been dealing with random latency spikes for months now, and I've finally had enough. I've tried everything I can think of: Opening all of the required ports in my router, making sure my Firewall accepts the Launcher and the SWTOR.exe files, resetting my router and modem, even a Winsock reset and messing with my registry. Nothing seems to be helping. Finally, I've run a tracert and pathping. You tell me what's wrong:

Spoiler

Spoiler

kuuwaren
12.26.2012 , 03:32 PM | #2
What operating system do you have?

Angylbane
12.26.2012 , 04:04 PM | #3
I'm running on Windows 7. I live in West Virginia, and I play on an East Coast server (Shadowlands). I also can't believe it's been almost 3 hours and no reply from a customer service representative...

Angylbane
12.26.2012 , 07:15 PM | #4
I'm perfectly happy refreshing this post until I get an answer.

Cerimon
12.27.2012 , 06:37 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Angylbane,

Your posted tracert and pathping do not show any issue. Can I ask you to perform a pathping while experiencing connectivity problems so we may pin down where the issue is.

Thanks.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Angylbane
12.29.2012 , 01:18 AM | #6
I'm not terribly certain how you wanted me to accomplish this, but I've done what I could over the last couple of days. Whenever my latency would drop from 4 bars to 1, I would alt+tab and run a pathping. Here are my results:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

These results just don't seem indicative of the problems that I've been having. The game stops working randomly in the middle of fights, when trying to accept Crew Skills missions, during conversations, even while walking.

Angylbane
12.29.2012 , 02:04 PM | #7
Is there perhaps some better way I can perform this test?

Mr_moose_man
12.30.2012 , 12:32 AM | #8
I get this problem too. People keep telling me that it could be my internet but there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with it. I know this because when a latency spike happens i alt tab and look at my connection and see that i am still on wifi. I just dont get it. should i get a new router?

Angylbane
12.30.2012 , 10:51 AM | #9
Is there someone at customer service still following this thread?

Angylbane
12.31.2012 , 12:48 AM | #10
Refreshing again. I will have an answer to this problem.