Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FPS drop

WarpShade
12.26.2012 , 08:22 PM | #1
I've recently been having a huge drop in FPS, only getting around 20 at best even with all settings at minimum. Last time I played was around mid-September and had all settings, including bloom and shadows, maxed out with no problems. Now though I'm running windowed mode with everything set as low as it will go just to play. This is particularly an issue in space missions where the FPS will drop as low as 5-10 and become unplayable.

My connection to the server seems stable and my latency hovers around 50-70ms pretty much all the time. Before anyone even asks, yes all my drivers are up to date. I've been fighting this for about two weeks now and have tried practically every fix I could find.

DXDiag
Spoiler

Marctraider
12.26.2012 , 10:21 PM | #2
LOL.

Dont expect the game to run well on such low-end hardware.
Cyrix 166MHz - 128MB EDOram - Tseng Labs WD4000 1MB VRAM + 3DFx Voodoo 2 12MB 2x SLI - Quantum Bigfoot 6GB - Adlib Gold 8-bit soundcard with real OPL3 Synthesis.
--- 45~ FPS in Fleet/Warzones ---

WarpShade
12.26.2012 , 11:50 PM | #3
I don't need insults from you, what I need is a reason I went from being able to run reasonably well at max specs to barely being able to play at minimum.

PoliteAssasin
12.27.2012 , 12:12 AM | #4
Yeah you and me both. Used to be able to play the game at max, now I have to play it at low. Now since 1.6 I've been gettin bad server lag. My Internet is showing all 5 bars, but the server connection is horrible. (Since 1.6). Has this issue when 1.4 came out. Was fixed when 1.5. Now its back with 1.6. Can't even play the game, if this isn't sorted soon they're going to refund me for the time lost.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!