Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An in-depth look at: Force Powers- Alter Environment

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
An in-depth look at: Force Powers- Alter Environment

Aurbere
12.25.2012 , 12:48 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by spencer_ View Post
Streen (One of Luke's first apprentices) comes to mind from the Jedi Academy trilogy. He was quite adept at making windstorms, and almost killed Luke with one (accidentally... Sort of...).
Yep, very true. Imo, I don't think Alter Environment requires a great deal of strength in The Force, just control and some knowledge of the physical and the natural.
Added Chapter 41 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
12.25.2012 , 03:50 PM | #12
A powerful ability indeed... did the Sith ever practice this technique? (the violent storms on Dromund Kaas for example)

And I look forward to your in-depths on Force cults. I hope the Nightsisters will feature, andThe Jedi Path tells me the Black Knights might be interesting - unless of course that's all there is on them...

Aurbere
12.25.2012 , 03:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
A powerful ability indeed... did the Sith ever practice this technique? (the violent storms on Dromund Kaas for example)

And I look forward to your in-depths on Force cults. I hope the Nightsisters will feature, andThe Jedi Path tells me the Black Knights might be interesting - unless of course that's all there is on them...
I would say so. Like I said, it doesn't require a great deal of power, only control and knowledge of the physical and natural worlds, so for the Sith to use it wouldn't be a stretch. However, many of Alter Environment's uses are mainly pacification. It can be used to kill, but I think Sith prefer the more 'direct' approach.

Yep. Basically any group of Force-users not apart of the Jedi or Sith will be featured, so Nightsisters are in. Gonna have to do some research on the Black Knights before doing a thread on them. Hopefully the Black Knight from the Monty Python movie (forget which one) isn't a member
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
12.25.2012 , 04:15 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post

Yep. Basically any group of Force-users not apart of the Jedi or Sith will be featured, so Nightsisters are in. Gonna have to do some research on the Black Knights before doing a thread on them. Hopefully the Black Knight from the Monty Python movie (forget which one) isn't a member
Ha, ha! Don't get ahead of yourself though, still got galactic history to do!

Just a thought, lightsaber types - curved, pikes, double- bladed. Don't know if it's your area of expertise, but just a thought.

Aurbere
12.25.2012 , 04:55 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Ha, ha! Don't get ahead of yourself though, still got galactic history to do!

Just a thought, lightsaber types - curved, pikes, double- bladed. Don't know if it's your area of expertise, but just a thought.
Right, yeah. And the lightsaber types are a good idea as well. Lightstaffs, Lightwhips, all of those non-standard Lightsabers are pretty cool.