Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why people solo when they can group?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Why people solo when they can group?

internaty
12.25.2012 , 05:35 AM | #1
This really bug's mo.

When i am in a area questing and i see someone doing the EXACT same quest i useall invite them.
It offer's both of us extra xp and we dont fight over mobs.

But 90% of the time i get diclined.

Why?

Even if your not interested in turning in the quest togather grouping at the very least allow for mob sharing.

So explain to me why people outright refuse to group for a couple of min get the rewards then leave:S

It just doesnt make sense.
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.

Prettyevilish
12.25.2012 , 05:56 AM | #2
Try whispering them first. Most people are put off by an invite that has no message attached to it and may not realize it's coming from the person in the same area as them (I've gotten invites from planets away for no reason at all).

CrazyGreggy
12.25.2012 , 07:04 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
Try whispering them first. Most people are put off by an invite that has no message attached to it and may not realize it's coming from the person in the same area as them (I've gotten invites from planets away for no reason at all).
Have to agree with this. If a group invite suddenly obscures my view of what I'm doing without being PRECEDED by pink text in my chat window from that person, I will admit to feeling a brief stab of boiling fury followed by annoyance at myself for overreacting

Always ask before inviting.

lokozar
12.25.2012 , 07:07 AM | #4
I played solo- and group-characters all the way to 50 and I have to say, not only did I get more money and loot solo, but I also was faster at level 50 than with the group characters. Makes me think those group benefits are a lie, buggy or simply to meager.

In any case that could be part of the problem.
IRIS - Inter Rim Investigation Service
<<Imperiale RP-Gilde auf Vanjervalis Chain>>

internaty
12.25.2012 , 07:13 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
True.
Still after polite asking people to group 300 times where 298 times people pretend i aint even there you tent to think **** it i just invite them.
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.

Akiviri
12.25.2012 , 07:22 AM | #6
For myself - I agree with the person above who said "Say something first". Getting a group inv out of the blue is the same as getting a guild inv out of the blue to me. Both get declined without a thought.

Also - having accepted a few invites before, I'm rather leery about that whole thing. People spam an invite, then have to go back to town for something, then we have to wait on their buddy - who usually immediately dies or does something stupid ... like bounce around like a rabbit with adhd and promptly jumps off the cliff or something = more waiting. Then there's usually something else like - "hey wanna do this group quest quick?" Which is usually another whole circus because even tho it's a group mission, people think they can solo it because - well, we're in a group right? So everyone runs off to a different part of the instance ... and the predictable happens.

so ... yeah. Send me an invite out of the blue, without talking to me first ... you'll get declined every time.

Me - I'll wait a couple levels and then solo the group instances ... it's more fun that way anyway + you REALLY get to know your class that way.

Skinnerlee
12.25.2012 , 07:27 AM | #7
My my. Just wait till you grow up an try to get help on the big ones. Your in for a real disappointment. You need to try and form your own group of friends as you play. Very few people will go out of their way to help.

In the beginning, I also was up for teams but never had much success. Most people have there own agendas. I also never saw a real difference with the shared features of this gamesí parties. I always could run a mission or dungeon with much more profit by myself, and do it at my own speed, which allows me to experience all given content.

But, the very biggest thing for going solo, was and is that you build a much tougher toon. I see party people all the time that are about 2 to 4 levels below average level. Which is the difference of taking the boss out or not. But the other side of Parties are that you have more funÖ and do it faster. So, make your own friend base as you play and you will be way ahead, when you get to higher planets.

Then comes the real fail of this gameÖ when you grow up(lvl 50) you will need special armor and this takes much needed patience, time and friends, for several reasons. That is if you want to experience the upper end of War Zones and Operations. These levels are where you will find people are not very nice, thatís all imma going to say about that.

Donít get me wrong. I personally will help anyone in this game, almost anytime. Thatís because I have played most content and most of my characters are developed. Iíll even go as far as bringing a similar level on, just to have some fun, because my higher level characters in a lower mission or dungeon can not die, so that takes the fun out of it for you. Thatís also where I loose out in profit. I greed all choices. Just my nature.

So, hope this helps you understand as to why people solo and not partyÖ

ajfrankj
12.25.2012 , 07:32 AM | #8
Well, for one, it's the game. KOTOR expanded. That's why I play it. I know, I can join a group. I do some times. But not out of need. Well so far any way. The thing with a group. Do they fight the same way as you, do they recharge the same as you, attack all or just some. Thses are some of the questions that go through my mind when I'm asked to join a group. If your friends I think it would be a good way to play. But, as an individul, joining a group can be a pain. Need or greed? LOL often it dosn't turn out how you want it to. Any how that's my two bits.

david_watt
12.25.2012 , 07:36 AM | #9
do you know the quests in this zone?
are we doing the same series of quests?
are you a competent player or an under geared bozo who aggro's everything in sight?

I tend to quest at full speed since its not my first time around. Can you keep up with me?

for a random invite I really don't know, so why should I accept it? In most games I have played random/unsolicited invites are from weak, inept players looking for a free ride up the leveling chain. Most times I have grouped with someone except in the daily zones have been a waste of time. Now if you need my help I will gladly give it.
Trelleg - Jedi Sage Jedi convenant server

iDraxter
12.25.2012 , 07:42 AM | #10
only group for heroics and flashpoints which I actually love to do on all planets, but never for normal quests or class quests makes things too easy and boring
Firebat: Need a light?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war