Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cathar as a Playable Species

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Cathar as a Playable Species

iamthehoyden
11.19.2012 , 08:04 PM | #241
They're going to be a Cartel Market unlock - so save your coins if you want one. Also, it's likely that they won't be in by the end of this year. There's going to be one more major content update this year (which is likely the Makeb storyline) and Cathar probably won't be in it. Not for certain, of course, but unlikely.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

EcrirTwyLar
11.20.2012 , 10:34 AM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
Can someone tell my BW's reasoning, if there is any to be had, as to why Cathar are the next species. I have no use for them and it seems it was an arbitrary decision.
I think the Cathar are a popular species. But I personally would rather see Bothans. Maybe Bothans will be added later. I have to admit that I would probably pay to play a Bothan. But Bothans might take a bit more work because they are smaller in size than other species.

warklaw
12.08.2012 , 12:34 AM | #243
I'd like to open saber options for all force classes too. A Jedi Knight/ Sith Warrior using a saberstaff would make for some awesome offensive and defensive capabilities. Especially to have a Cathar Jedi Guardian armed with one of those? Good night sweet prince.

I know I'll definitely be playing a Cathar Knight. I just wish [because I know hey won't do it] they would get someone to VO the Cathar separate so they have their distinct russian-esque accent and the growls on the harder syllables.

OldVengeance
12.08.2012 , 02:43 AM | #244
Are Carthar known for having Russian accents? I thought only Juhani did.

Mubuka
12.23.2012 , 06:50 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by KimbriOnasi View Post
Personally I can't wait for the Cathar to be playable. I have two slots waiting for them--one as a Jedi and one as a Sith Sorc.
I cant wait for the Cathar to be playable either. I actually really like the species and think it would be cool to play as one. I am saving at least one slot for a Cathar character. ::sy _item::csw_blue saber:

AntarNyaus
12.24.2012 , 03:30 AM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Are Carthar known for having Russian accents? I thought only Juhani did.
I wouldn't say Russian accents, but they do sound different. Humans evolved from omnivores while Cathar evolved from carnivores. Their dental structure would produce a voice with much more pronounced sibilants. It would be very cool for Bioware to do this with the voice, but I don't see them redoing the voice for all eight classes on all missions. And I don't see how you could apply a filter to the existing ones to modify the sound sufficiently (but I'm not sound effects artist).

Back on topic, I am still waiting eagerly for the Cathar to be released. I'm feeling a bit burnt out on the game. The new tier 7 ship components have bankrupted me between my two 50s I've managed five or six of the parts and now I'm broke. So I've been playing a lot of Skyrim and LOTRO while I rebuild my savings on the AH.
Antar "Tonar" Nyaus, Gunslinger, The Ebon Hawk Nyaus Legacy
Republic: Antaakot, Sage; Antaaro, Guardian; Antaade, Trooper
Empire: Arnot, Mara; Antaanih, Sorc; Antaail, Snipe; Antaahin, Merc

░▒ The Army of Light (R) ░▒ Unhinged (I) ▒░

Sir_Galapagos
12.24.2012 , 04:40 AM | #247
cathar suck ***. There are tons of species that bioware already has some models for, shown by some npcs, that would be a much better addition to the game. Maybe even as species that was *gasp* in the movies?
]█=]]]]]]▒▒▒{█=████████████████████████████████)

LadyKohastFel
12.24.2012 , 06:26 AM | #248
I have been saving character slots for a Cathar smuggler and a Sith maurader.
I think they would be the ideal first race to make playable and I would not mind if they cost 600 CP to unlock.
Remember Antaria, Naboo, Starsider Server.

MishraArtificer
12.24.2012 , 04:07 PM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKohastFel View Post
I have been saving character slots for a Cathar smuggler and a Sith maurader.
I think they would be the ideal first race to make playable and I would not mind if they cost 600 CP to unlock.
I'm waiting to make a second Vanguard so I can see Jorgan's reaction to my Cathar f!trooper walking in the room.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

ElmosOnCrack
01.08.2013 , 04:45 PM | #250
So am i the only one sitting here thinking they put Chiss in (Probably) because of Thrawn... Where are my Noghri? Just a wish but i would love to have the Noghri as a playable they can speak basic two with a rather raspy voice which might be fun.