Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Death of the Class Story - Chapter 4: Rise of the Hutt Cartel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Death of the Class Story - Chapter 4: Rise of the Hutt Cartel

SWaotc
12.20.2012 , 11:42 AM | #211
So the storyline will be generalised? I wouldnt be surprised if EA punted out DLC with little to no referrence of the players current story, they are that blatant about their RIP OFFs.

Without strong story this game will fade away because lets face it thats all swtor ever had, i'll finish what toons i have going up to 50 and then hit the road again, unsubbing before they start rubbing their grubby hands again...

Hestis
12.20.2012 , 12:48 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
The devs have already mentioned that we will be able to use 3 companions in the future at some point..
They've said this? Do you happen to have a link to it? I'd love to be able to take Havoc Squad through some FPs.

johnxtreeme
12.20.2012 , 12:58 PM | #213
Come on, the class stories ended anyway.

They obviously can't afford to continue them, so this will have to do. That's fine, I can deal with that.

aeterno
12.20.2012 , 01:01 PM | #214
I find the lack of a yellow post in this tread... disturbing.

I would hope they'd continue in a proper expansion down the line.

revansowns
01.01.2013 , 11:35 PM | #215
any word on this bioware?
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

uaintjak
01.01.2013 , 11:43 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by Hestis View Post
They've said this? Do you happen to have a link to it? I'd love to be able to take Havoc Squad through some FPs.
No, they never said that. Sorry.

Eurynamous
01.02.2013 , 12:16 AM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by Darka View Post
I dont think anyone will be surprised given how the first year went, and the lack of class story updates.
A shame really, even if understandable
Wonder how much had to change considering they had a lot of the writing pre done for the story,
Nice to see you still alive and kicking Darka!

You would have thought that perhaps they would have had those stories written and already recorded for the first official boxed expansion, well before the launch even occurred. Creating the scenes, worlds as content would have come after the game was live. At least that's what I thought when they said this was KOTOR 3,4,5 etc...

Maybe this is how they fleshed it out but lack the resources to push it out in a big expansion, or they're seeing if the clients will be more satisfied with a trickling effect, releasing content is smaller "cheap" mini-packs.

If we get Makeb, then 6 months later we get another content purchase for more character story and op content, then we can safely predict how content is going to come out. Regardless, the overall content trickle will still come in at a $40 price point if they release 4 content packs that equate a whole expansion.

It's not bad and the point of doing it would be because we are already at year one with no major expansion. It does allow for a catch up window, but also creates a snowball effect if they can't catch up.

Either way, we have no transparency from Bioware on their plans or what we can expect over the next year.

This is all speculation of course.
The Red Zone
Amadus Starcrusher
I will take your light, force you into darkness and give you true freedom and power

DarthNexuss
01.11.2013 , 08:54 PM | #218
Hey guys i just found this thing on this web site:

http://www.pcgaming-forum.com/showth...ve-class-story.

Hi everyone - I asked Jeff Hickman for some clarification for you on whether Makeb will feature an extension of class stories. Here's the info:

"The intent for Rise of the Hutt Cartel is to continue your character's story, but envisioned as part of the ongoing struggle of the Empire vs. the Republic. There are lots of great moments for you to enjoy, and it will be shared as two clear storylines. No class specific storylines are included, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."

We hope this helps clarify!

so there you have it no class history

Samy_Merchi
01.11.2013 , 10:00 PM | #219
I expect that about a year from now, we'll be looking at something like:

"Imperial Agent - Chapter 4" 1500 cartel coins
"Jedi Knight - Chapter 4" 1500 cartel coins
"Republic Chapter 4 Pack" 5500 cartel coins
"Complete Chapter 4 Ultimate Pack" 9000 cartel coins

The good thing about the cartel store is that we genuinely can put our money on the stuff we actually want to have in the game. We don't just cough up $15 a month and the devs get to spend that on producing whatever crap *they* want to produce -- when we pay for the stuff we want, and *only* for the stuff we want, then the game will be a reflection of our wants.

I hold out hope that, considering how many people say that class story is the strongest aspect of SWTOR, that more people will be willing to pay for it than for stupid cosmetic crap.
In order to have romance in this game, I am forced to either crossdress or change my sexual orientation. Nice. Thanks "Bioware".

CelCawdro
03.25.2013 , 10:33 AM | #220
How unfortunate:

Quote:
Where does the development team stand with regards to individual class stories? Are these still a priority for upcoming content?

Great question. The way you choose to overcome your own personal villains is a crucial part of what defines your character, and once you’ve gotten closure on your personal story, you’re ready to be a key player in the larger conflicts that threaten the Empire and the Republic. Moving forward, we’re focusing on those stories – conflicts that decide the fate of the entire Galaxy and demand the attention of other living legends like yourself. You can still put your personal touch on these stories, and you’ll develop relationships just like before, but now the stakes are higher, and the experience can be shared with your friends.