Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

dubiousdude
12.11.2012 , 07:36 AM | #621
Hi Everyone
What a great thread. I am so glad to know there are other more seasoned players out there besides myself. I am 58, retired from a career in Public Utilities Operations Management; am a Father of six children with eight grandchildren.
If you can believe it, am the only one in my family who plays these type of games. Everyone else is too "mature" for it. Old grand pappy is still an adventurous kid at heart. An old Marine at that, so this type of game makes me feel right at home and reliving out a past in a virtual environment. Tons of fun, but a daunting game to learn at my age.
Being new to all this, would appreciate any advice and mentoring from any of you who are more experienced than I. Still trying to learn my way around the galaxy, you know?
Regards,
Dubiousdude

ATAMIANM
12.11.2012 , 12:02 PM | #622
I just turned 50, wok in computer modeling/simulation and operations research. My wife is amazed at how much of a little kid is left in me that I enjoy playing SWTOR so much. Fortunately she lets me play within reason!

I currently have 4 characters, 3 on the Imperial side and one on Republic , but the last is really so I can get the HK piece. I have to say the stories are really rich for every toon I am currently playing (Sith assassin, Sith Marauder, Imperial Agent, and Jedi Knight).

Sinapus
12.12.2012 , 02:02 AM | #623
Might as well chime in.

42 years old. Help Desk Analyst working night shift. Started a few weeks ago. Having fun so far. On Harbinger for now.
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

Roalmo
12.12.2012 , 05:56 PM | #624
Quote: Originally Posted by QDMcGraw View Post
I have tour shirts older than the vast majority of the player base. This is not a joke or exaggeration, I STILL have a tour Jersey for Megadeth from a little club from their 1983/84 tour. It's ragged, it's thread bare, dang near see through it's so thin now, and, no it doesn't fit anymore, but I still have it in a frame on my wall in my gaming room.

I predate home computers. I predate console systems. I predate CDROM games and CD's. I predate Cartridge games. I predate VHS. I dang near predate Cassettes and 8 Tracks. Most the people here won't know what an 8 track is since Wiki is down for the day, and definitely won't know why they sucked as a medium for music.
Had me worried there for a second.. but I can see you're a young punk when you mentioned predating 8 tracks...

Kids always braggin'...

Roalmo
12.12.2012 , 06:01 PM | #625
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
So much dissing of the Generation X'ers. The ones who actually saw Star Wars in the summer of 1977 before it returned the following year with the add on Episode IV A New Hope. The ones who spent the rest of the 70's and a good portion of the 80's with tons of Star Wars merchandising and arcade themed games. ....
Chuckle don't understand the rage here...

Note we're the one's that paid for your tickets to the movie, bought the Star Wars toys for you....

And now ya'll dissin' us... silly genX....

Sillygrandma
12.19.2012 , 09:35 AM | #626
I am 61 year old grandmother who has been into computers since 1982. My son aged 28 nagged me to play this game and I love it. Have always loved RPG and FPS but never was interested in online gaming. Now my son and daughter in law play together while sitting in the same room and have never had so much fun. Even bought subscriptions by way of time cards so bring on more!

LadyVix
12.19.2012 , 12:06 PM | #627
Glad to see another grandma gamer here... it seems we're a rare breed in the gaming world.

I'm a sixty something grandmother of 6 myself, who started competitive online gaming with Unreal Tournament back in 1999. I made the switch from FPS to MMO about 4 years ago, and find myself playing much more since retiring two years ago. I've bounced around to several sub and F2P games, and am now working on capping my first character in SWTOR.

Khalamov
12.20.2012 , 02:24 AM | #628
I think I'm the youngest one here at 40, but I'm still old enough to remember seeing Star Wars on opening day when I was 4 years old. Since then I've seen every other SW movie on opening day. I'm a US Navy veteran, career electronics technician moving into an inside sales position with a process engineering company.

Oh, and I'm a dark Lord of the Sith who will destroy my enemies as I revel in the power of the Dark Side.

Was playing SWTOR on day one, but took a break for 6 months as I keep moving around the country until I got to Houston and now I'm taking it up again.

Debaucher
12.20.2012 , 09:11 AM | #629
26 and a half here. Still remember the day my old man brought me a N.E.S. 20 years ago.

Currently a senior accountant for a medium sized shipping company. I find hardcore pvp-ing the best way to blow steam after a stressful day at work.

Keep it up 40+ chicks and d*cks!
Aolyn, Scoundrel Healer.
Occasional Scrapper!

Coral

bahdasz
12.20.2012 , 11:21 AM | #630
Did you ever notice how everyone who claims to be over 21 years old also seems to have a kajillion dollar a day job? On the forums I mean.

Not at all suspicious.