Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card."

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card."
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sian_gali
01.23.2012 , 11:08 PM | #41
I think the paypal account is definitely the way to go for your safety anyway. I have an account set up this way and there is no additional charge.
I wouldn't attach a debit card to a gaming account. I would be too worried about liability if the account gets hacked. Really doesn't address the poor customer service you received tho. Thats crazy.

bliapis
01.23.2012 , 11:23 PM | #42
If the credit card is denied then your bank has locked or temporarilly deactivated your card for various reasons - probably some sort of security breach. Call them back at service and have them reenable your card.

It happened to me, i have two SWTOR accounts. After i activated the card, i still couldnt process the first account, it seems like SWTOR kinda "banned" the card for a while but in any case i couldnt be bothered so i bought a gamecard.
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

johnydiamond
10.05.2012 , 08:36 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by sooney View Post
This may be of help or not i had this issue when i first setup my card,

first for most online stuff i set to Visa that's it, here i had to change to visa Delta (for debit card)

after i had set that i hadn't realized it also reset the flaming expiry date once i realized i reset that and it went thru hope that may help?
Same problem. This worked. If you have Visa Debit card try switching to visa delta.

Outbound
10.17.2012 , 04:42 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by johnydiamond View Post
Same problem. This worked. If you have Visa Debit card try switching to visa delta.
I hate to necro a thread, but this worked for me as well. West Coast USA, play old Visa debit card. Switched to Visa Delta and it worked fine.
Just your average guy hoping to get his foot in the door with Lucasfilm one day.
M.S. - Computer Science, B.S. - Software Engineering

ceratirose
12.19.2012 , 09:27 PM | #45
im from Venezuela can i pay with my credit card from here? thanks
be quiet...listen to your mind...feel the force...be free

RetardRaptor
12.19.2012 , 10:53 PM | #46
go read the can't buy cartel coins thread. many people having this issue and its due to bioware screwing up the payment system...its an account lockout

QuintessaSHeera
12.19.2012 , 11:01 PM | #47
This is a known issue. There's another thread that's discussing this problem. Bioware is having issues with their billing/accounts and security departments. Call your credit card company or bank and make sure that there's no hold on your card. If there's not, call Bioware and complain to them.

Highfl
03.22.2013 , 01:30 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by amitylane View Post
I've been trying to set up my subscription, but I keep getting this error message:

This is the same Mastercard I used to preorder/purchase the game with no issues. I've used it for every other online game I've ever played. I used it about an hour ago to buy chips and soda for tonight's session of SW:TOR worshi...uhh, gaming.

Help me, TOR Customer Service Department...you're my only hope!
same problem on march 22nd 2013..this is annoying to say the least..currently on hold with bioware for an hour now. im using a vanilla prepaid mastercard..i activated it on site. the last VP-PMC i used worked perfectly. and now the new one i just bought at 2:00pm will not be accepted : "We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one."

Hado
04.20.2013 , 05:47 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Highfl View Post
same problem on march 22nd 2013..this is annoying to say the least..currently on hold with bioware for an hour now. im using a vanilla prepaid mastercard..i activated it on site. the last VP-PMC i used worked perfectly. and now the new one i just bought at 2:00pm will not be accepted : "We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one."
Having the exact same problem. Called Vanilla Mastercard and they told me to wait one hour and try again, if it doesn't work wait an additional hour and try again. Done that.
I called the 855 number to Bioware and they pretty much told me the same thing, except I have to wait 24 hours.
This is really annoying!

Baalzamon
08.06.2013 , 10:16 PM | #50
I got the same problem now.......