Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black Screen

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kevcompman
12.13.2012 , 07:48 PM | #1
Hi!

I was playing one of my characters (25 Jedi Knight) and was on Tython doing a class quest and was running back to the shuttle to go back to my ship when he got stuck. He was literally just floating in mid-air after jumping over a ledge. /stuck wasn't working to fix the issue, so I tried a restart to see if it would fix it.

After the restart, I logged back in to find a black screen. I can see the UI panels (menu bars, quickslots, etc...), but the rest of the screen is black. I know it's not my computer doing this, as I've logged other characters and they all work fine.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions on how to fix this? Do I need an in-game GM to help me out here? I really don't want to have to re-roll my JK...

Thanks!

Beruthien
12.13.2012 , 07:51 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Kevcompman,

The quickest way to usually resolve this issue is to use your Fleet Pass or Quick travel. This should both get you un-stuck and resolve the black screen issue.

Please come back to us if the issue remains.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Kevcompman
12.13.2012 , 08:46 PM | #3
Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, both skills are grayed out and when clicking on them, I get a message of "Quick Travel can't be used here". I was close to the shuttle in the Jedi Temple that you use to go back to the ship/orbital station, etc. Not sure if that bars me from using quick travel skills.

Kevcompman
12.14.2012 , 06:33 AM | #4
Anyone else have any ideas on how to get this fixed?

Kevcompman
12.16.2012 , 09:09 AM | #5
I'm still waiting on further information...any ETA on how long it takes to get something like this resolved?

Kevcompman
12.17.2012 , 06:32 PM | #6
Bump...

Kevcompman
12.19.2012 , 10:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post

Please come back to us if the issue remains.
Still waiting for a response to my follow up...

Beruthien
12.19.2012 , 10:10 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Kevcompman,

I do apologize for the delay in the reply.

From what I can see, our in-game team has moved the affected character which should have resolved the issue. Could you try using the Fleet Pass or Quick Travel from the new location your character is now at?

Thanks!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support