Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

At the very least, the theme of the expansion make sense.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
At the very least, the theme of the expansion make sense.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Angedechu
12.18.2012 , 09:17 PM | #1
The Hutts are, without any doubt, the biggest minor ''player'' on the Galactic space.

By the time of the Cold War, there is little doubt that the Hutts would rank just a notch below the Empire or the Republic when thinking of worlds controlled or economic power.

And this is without considering that the Hutts in TOR times or ''modern'' SW times are the remnant of a vast empire that ruled around 15 000 ABY, before being devastated by the Hutts Cataclysm (the destruction of their homeworld Varl) and the Crusades from the Pius Dea.

Angedechu
12.18.2012 , 10:04 PM | #2
I should have said ''I hate this game''....

DAMossimo
12.18.2012 , 10:07 PM | #3
lol. Yeah probably a bad day to post something as cerebral as this. Despite the other issues at hand, yes this does make sense, I'll give them that. Good Post.

AllisonBerryman
12.19.2012 , 12:11 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
We think players interested in lore are going to really enjoy the story in Rise of the Hutt Cartel, and I'd like to share a few more details – this seemed like a good thread for it!

The people of Makeb have remained neutral in wars between the great political powers in the galaxy. Relying on their wealth, isolation, and an army of mercenaries, the citizens have enjoyed centuries of prosperity. However, in the midst of the current galactic conflict, the Hutt Cartel has recognized the planet as a crucial stepping stone to increase their organization's standing and reclaim the strength of their ancestors’ empire. They've hired Makeb's mercenaries away and have made the citizens prisoners in their own homes, forcing them to reach out to the Republic in a desperate bid for rescue.

The Republic recognizes the Cartel's seizure of Makeb as a bid for galactic power. With victory over the Empire seeming possible for the first time in decades, Supreme Chancellor Saresh is determined to respond to Makeb's request for aid to stop the Cartel before they can become an even greater threat and compromise the Republic’s chance for victory.

Taking advantage of the chaos erupting between the Hutt Cartel and the Republic, the Sith Empire makes their own bold play for the hidden power of Makeb, seizing their chance to regain some of the strength lost to internal struggles and at the hands of the Republic's military resurgence. They plan to outmaneuver all their enemies to usher in a new era of Imperial dominance.

BrianDavion
12.19.2012 , 12:14 PM | #5
speaking as a lore monkey my only issue is that the hutts have long been described as deliberatly trying to avoid becoming a military power, focusing more on being a "shadow power" still that's nitpicking in the extreme and I definatly look forward to this

CelCawdro
12.19.2012 , 12:14 PM | #6
As much as I appreciate the story, it just seems too generalized for the very specifically-talented characters you've given us to play as.

Angedechu
12.19.2012 , 12:17 PM | #7
Is this the same Makeb as Makem a Hutt Space planet appearing in Scourge ?

atduncan
12.19.2012 , 12:18 PM | #8
yeah, it does make sense from that perspective. Props for knowing so much sw history

Lord_Karsk
12.19.2012 , 12:22 PM | #9
Story is not bad, a world arc that continue after our classes hit 50 indeed.

kamed
12.19.2012 , 12:50 PM | #10
O_O more info!!! Is Karaga the Hutt making a comeback? We killed him in KP, but so did Kephess and he came back on TFB.