Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This Problem is Costing Me More and More. Help DEV

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
This Problem is Costing Me More and More. Help DEV
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Monopolist
12.19.2012 , 06:22 AM | #1
The standard call-in support couldn't help resolve my issue so they asked me to contact "higher department" with the following reference number: #7539553 (Recent old one: #7448526) (Old one: #7416467). I waited for one hour on the phone, but I wasn't able to reach you guys so I am asking you to resolve the issue here. I am currently in Korea so the last hour worth of call costed me more than W12,000 or approximately $12 dollars, so I sincerely hope that you guys can resolve the issue here. I am not using Skype because last time I tried, the support service couldn't hear me clearly.

I am having trouble 1) Trying to buy cartel coins 2) Trying to change my payment option. Every time I try to buy Cartel Coin, it tells me that "The selected product is not supported by the payment method. Please select another product or change the payment method." When I click "change" button, I get the following error message: "We're sorry, there are no payment options available for the offer you selected. Please select another offer or try again later" for the past 3 months or so. When I tried to change my payment option of the subscription directly from the account page, it tells me the same error. Please fix this issue. This problem has already costed me more than $15 in U.S. dollars, just waiting on the phone line.

Also, I assure you that my Pay Pal and credit card has no issues. I created a new SWTOR account just to purchase CARTEL COIN and I was able to do so with my Pay Pal. This is on your end.

It's been more than many months. I need this issue resolved before it costs me more.

Monopolist
12.19.2012 , 06:47 AM | #2
I've been waiting on the phone for an hour and 20 minutes now, but no one is responding.

This is costing me more than a monthly subscription of this game. It's like I am handing you guys money, but you guys don't want to receive them.

Cerimon
12.19.2012 , 06:55 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Monopolist,

Your support request ticket #7448526 has been escalated to the appropriate group and will be attended to as soon as possible. Unfortunately we cannot resolve Account & Billing issues via the forum.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Monopolist
12.23.2012 , 05:18 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Monopolist,

Your support request ticket #7448526 has been escalated to the appropriate group and will be attended to as soon as possible. Unfortunately we cannot resolve Account & Billing issues via the forum.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
This is getting ridiculous.

I just purchased SKYPE credit so I can make an international call from Korea for $20, then I waited an hour to reach you guys.

You guys told me that I simply had to send a softcopy of my government issued ID to have my payment status "white-listed" and the problem should be resolved "LESS THAN A DAY."

It's been more than three days and I already forwarded my email three times.

Once again you guys made me pay an unneeded FREAKEN EXPENSE for nothing.

For the love of God, fix this gosh darn isue.

Stansman
12.23.2012 , 05:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Monopolist View Post
This is getting ridiculous.

I just purchased SKYPE credit so I can make an international call from Korea for $20, then I waited an hour to reach you guys.

You guys told me that I simply had to send a softcopy of my government issued ID to have my payment status "white-listed" and the problem should be resolved "LESS THAN A DAY."

It's been more than three days and I already forwarded my email three times.

Once again you guys made me pay an unneeded FREAKEN EXPENSE for nothing.

For the love of God, fix this gosh darn isue.
Being asked to send personal ID to solve this issue is wrong on so many levels.

Flowerpunkt
12.23.2012 , 05:57 AM | #6
"I just purchased SKYPE credit so I can make an international call from Korea for $20"

You dont need this, you can call for free if you use this number +1-855-467-9867 . Quite stupid that support did not tell you this. Im asking myself whats the purpose of support here...only to piss you more I guess.

Monopolist
12.23.2012 , 10:18 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Flowerpunkt View Post
"I just purchased SKYPE credit so I can make an international call from Korea for $20"

You dont need this, you can call for free if you use this number +1-855-467-9867 . Quite stupid that support did not tell you this. Im asking myself whats the purpose of support here...only to piss you more I guess.
I am not sure what I should be doing at this point.

It's like I want to give Bioware money, but they are basically telling me "no thank you."

Monopolist
12.23.2012 , 11:20 PM | #8
Not the best way to start Christmas.

The problem is still there and I can't do anything.

Please check my email. I sent it to swtor@support.com as asked.

Packetdancer
12.24.2012 , 02:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Monopolist View Post
FWIW, if you put in the toll-free number (with a + on the beginning, which Skype requires), it shouldn't charge you Skype credit at all. No matter where in the world you call from. (Which, no, doesn't help your actual problem, but should at least reduce the frustration/cost of trying to get through on the phone.) :/
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide

Monopolist
12.24.2012 , 07:52 AM | #10
At least it is good to know that we have many helping hands among the players.

Dear Bioware, when is this problem going to get resolved?