Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

i have 12 char when sub runs out

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
i have 12 char when sub runs out
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PirateBAMF
12.16.2012 , 05:14 PM | #1
well i have 12 characters i use but when my sub ran out it said i would need to pic 2 or something like that i resubscribed but i wont be able to keep doing it since i cant afford it, what will happen to my characters?

MarcusAveon
12.16.2012 , 05:29 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by PirateBAMF View Post
well i have 12 characters i use but when my sub ran out it said i would need to pic 2 or something like that i resubscribed but i wont be able to keep doing it since i cant afford it, what will happen to my characters?
Now I don't know this for sure, but I think your allowed to keep all of them seeing as they are already made. That's usually how this goes, they will just have all the advantages of a subscriber striped from them.

AdamChattaway
12.16.2012 , 05:31 PM | #3
In Lord of the rings online if you are F2P and have e.g. 9 chars but can only use 7 it will ask you to pick 2 in a check box and those will be the ones you can play.
Jedi Guardian
Alignment: Light Side
Server: The Red Eclipse

PirateBAMF
12.18.2012 , 05:37 PM | #4
really, dam i guess i should quit now

PirateBAMF
12.18.2012 , 09:34 PM | #5
can any one from service tell me if my characters will be removed when i go f2p or will they stay?

Sutii
12.18.2012 , 10:04 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello PirateBAMF,

To answer your question, if you convert to Preferred Status, you will need to choose which six (6) of your characters will remain active, and play those characters within the limits of Free-to-Play access.

For more information on Free-to-Play features, please also see our Subscription, Preferred, Free-to-Play Features Comparison Page.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Minibull
12.19.2012 , 05:29 AM | #7
Well, here's what happened to me. I was a subscriber at launch and played for 8 months. I logged back on when F2P arrived and saw that I had 8 of 2 character slots filled on two servers. I waited a day and decided to resubscribe. I logged on to see I had 1 character on each server - the other 7 on each had been erased by a bug. I have waited about 28 days so far for them to restore my characters and not heard anything...

So long story short, if you let your subscription run out, you run the very real chance of having your characters erased by Bioware.

Sutii
12.20.2012 , 12:06 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Minibull,

In case you haven't seen, my colleague Beruthien did reply to your thread yesterday. I've included a quote of the reply below for your convenience.

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings Minibull,

Sorry for the delay in the reply.

I have forwarded your issue for further investigation and our in-game team will get back to you as soon as possible.

Our apologizes for the delay and any inconvenience caused.

Thank you!
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support