Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Approach to Completing Heroic Quests and Social Points

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Best Approach to Completing Heroic Quests and Social Points

TheIronMonkey
12.13.2012 , 07:52 AM | #21
With the advent of the large crowds on F2P, a couple of things to consider :

- Watch planet population. When a planet is about 30 people, it is hard to get a team going, at 50+ it starts getting easier. Right now the lower level planets are very very crowded, so lots of groups going on, but once you get pass the L30 zone they aren't as much, and it becomes a bit harder to group.

- The social point run (farm) is what makes those BT/Essless runs such a pain. Try to stay off one of those. I "walk" BT/Essless regularly for affection points and social points. It is mostly L50s so I can blow anything away, but company is always welcome.

Lets not start naming ages here (52!)

I am the worst nightmare for many "ubber" players, I am a "clicker". I activate my skills with my mouse. Apparently that makes me slow. Good enough to have my HK robots and have done hard mode FPs, but apparently they don't consider that "good". Who cares. I enjoy the game my way. So should you.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

ProtocolX
12.13.2012 , 12:14 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheIronMonkey View Post
With the advent of the large crowds on F2P, a couple of things to consider :

- Watch planet population. When a planet is about 30 people, it is hard to get a team going, at 50+ it starts getting easier. Right now the lower level planets are very very crowded, so lots of groups going on, but once you get pass the L30 zone they aren't as much, and it becomes a bit harder to group.

- The social point run (farm) is what makes those BT/Essless runs such a pain. Try to stay off one of those. I "walk" BT/Essless regularly for affection points and social points. It is mostly L50s so I can blow anything away, but company is always welcome.

Lets not start naming ages here (52!)

I am the worst nightmare for many "ubber" players, I am a "clicker". I activate my skills with my mouse. Apparently that makes me slow. Good enough to have my HK robots and have done hard mode FPs, but apparently they don't consider that "good". Who cares. I enjoy the game my way. So should you.
Rock On! Mouse Clickers FTW!
Seriously, I've tried it both ways and the mouse+WASD is faster to me, but maybe it's because I've use it so darn long.

Sinapus
12.17.2012 , 02:01 AM | #23
I guess I'm a hybrid. I use number keys 1-4 mostly, but not the others. Not as reachable as the ones above WASD. I tend to use those 4 keys for my main attacks and I found that when I'm healing, I'm not really moving around that much so I can use the mouse for those. On some of my other characters, I found some abilities aren't used that much, so I can trigger them w/the mouse and save 1-4 for most often used abilities.

Though I'm not getting a fancy mouse w/multiple buttons I can map hotkeys to.
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

xOxDarkyxOx
12.17.2012 , 05:36 AM | #24
Am I doing something wrong? I'm a level 47 who does 2-3 FP's via group finder a day. I get about 4-5 social points per run and I am still on Social Level 1.

Beemerchick
12.17.2012 , 06:27 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by xOxDarkyxOx View Post
Am I doing something wrong? I'm a level 47 who does 2-3 FP's via group finder a day. I get about 4-5 social points per run and I am still on Social Level 1.
No. It takes a lot of SP to get to Social 2. (750 I believe.) The high level FPs don't have as many social points as the low-level ones. (I'm pretty sure there are some without any SP, other than getting the quest and turning it in, which not everyone does.) Since you are using the group finder, you're going to be put in FP of your level - the ones that don't have SP.

TheIronMonkey
12.17.2012 , 09:01 AM | #26
You need to go to Black Talon (Imp) or Essless (Rep) runs... They go fast, have the most soc points.

Besides buying some sexy outfits, not sure what other use soc points have.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...