Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Time Cards no longer available?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game Time Cards no longer available?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MishraArtificer
11.24.2012 , 02:38 PM | #1
My local stores that used to sell the 60-day time cards are out of stock. The one Gamestop employee who would answer my questions said they weren't getting any more in, before proceeding with the line, "Well, the game's free to play now, right?" Is this just a local/regional issue, or are the 60-day timecards no longer available? This is the only way I can keep a subscription, as I don't have a credit card, and there's no way in HELL I'm reverting to preferred status until the restrictions lighten up.

I'm in Southeast Michigan, if that helps any. The guy at Gamestop said the closest store with a timecard left is in Toledo.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Geseb_Var
11.24.2012 , 03:02 PM | #2
My Wal-Mart just recently put new ones out. And the Gamestop here told me they were going to continue to carry them as far as he knew. You probably just talked to someone who had no idea what they were talking about.... :P Try a different store.
Prophecy of the Five
The Var Legacy
Lizzi - Human Sorceror | Geseb - Cyborg Juggernaut | Rindern - Miraluka Assassin | Wirken - Miraluka Sniper | Teveoji - Miraluka Guardian

HoboWithAStick
11.24.2012 , 05:14 PM | #3
My buddy normally doesn't buy game cards but becasue of an issue with the sub thing on the website he had to go out and buy game cards. He found two at a superstore (Canada store) for 8 bucks each. Thats 4 months of swtor for the price of one month. Lucky guy.

MishraArtificer
11.28.2012 , 05:25 PM | #4
Well, guys. I'm bringing this one back from the dead.

I just spoke with managers at TWO DIFFERENT Gamestops, and CONFIRMED: GAMESTOP CORPORATE IS NO LONGER SUPPLYING TIMECARDS TO ITS STORES. Reason being (quote): "Because the game is free to play now, you don't need them anymore."

Now I have to find out where the hell I can get more.
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.

MishraArtificer
12.16.2012 , 01:17 AM | #5
Resurrecting this one again: was told that the Game Time Cards were no longer being MADE. Any truth to this?

xNYROx
12.16.2012 , 01:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
Resurrecting this one again: was told that the Game Time Cards were no longer being MADE. Any truth to this?
Really doubt there is any truth to this. Gamestop's coorperate offices must be confused and really stupid because this game has hugely boomed back after F2P came. Wal-Mart Still carries them to my knowledge.

Bronholz
12.17.2012 , 03:39 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings MishraArtificer,

Thanks for contacting us.

Just to clarify the Pre-Paid cards are and will still be available for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately it appears that the issue may be more to do with your local area.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

SebastiaanZ
12.17.2012 , 04:37 AM | #8
I think you can still buy them online right? Through this website or origin.com?
Noomi-ryar (Lvl 55) Sith Assassin / Neovangelion (Lvl 55) Sith Marauder / Danitaka (Lvl 20) Mercenary / Triton-one (Lvl 52) Operative / Gali-ryar (Lvl 55) Sith Sorcerer
Rayalas (Lvl 51) Gunslinger / Kenli-shun (Lvl 55) Jedi Guardian / Vyzen (Lvl 52) Commando / Nende (Lvl 55) Jedi Shadow

MishraArtificer
12.19.2012 , 11:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
I think you can still buy them online right? Through this website or origin.com?
...which kind of defeats the purpose of my search for time cards, since if I had a credit card to use online to buy the cards, I'd have one to tie a subscription to.

LVCommando
12.19.2012 , 11:51 PM | #10
Walmart and Best Buy are your best options here. Ever since they've offered them i've seen them at Walmart. And Best Buy usually carries game time cards for almost everything out there. I worked for Gamestop last year and can't believe they would be brain dead enough to stop selling game time cards for a game this popular, but <shrug> who can really analyze corporate mentality.