Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 1.6 and the frustrated PVPer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Patch 1.6 and the frustrated PVPer

SoonerJBD
12.13.2012 , 02:32 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
The WH->EWH differences are on the same scale as the Campaign -> Dread Guard gear in PvE, so it makes sense from that perspective. But I see your point about the cost. It is really the same argument about the Hazmat implants for PvE...350 BH comms each for very small increases.
It's not really the same scale as campaign to dread guard. The hazmat implants are a good example because the improvements they offer are smaller than most of the dread guard pieces, in the single digits on most stats. But all of the elite war hero gear is that way, and the implants and ears are arguably a downgrade. The elite war hero implants and earpiece are one point better than regular war hero, and in some cases you are trading out power for crit, which is arguably worse. 600-something comms to trade power for crit and get one more point of crit than you had power. It makes no sense.

Plus, and this is important, you pick up the dread guard gear just by playing the operations. Even on the implants, you can pick them up off raid bosses. The only way you can get the elite war hero gear is through comms. Forcing people to grind, grind, grind with no carrot at the end of the stick is really annoying.

Eldriq
12.13.2012 , 03:55 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
It's not really the same scale as campaign to dread guard. The hazmat implants are a good example because the improvements they offer are smaller than most of the dread guard pieces, in the single digits on most stats. But all of the elite war hero gear is that way, and the implants and ears are arguably a downgrade. The elite war hero implants and earpiece are one point better than regular war hero, and in some cases you are trading out power for crit, which is arguably worse. 600-something comms to trade power for crit and get one more point of crit than you had power. It makes no sense.

Plus, and this is important, you pick up the dread guard gear just by playing the operations. Even on the implants, you can pick them up off raid bosses. The only way you can get the elite war hero gear is through comms. Forcing people to grind, grind, grind with no carrot at the end of the stick is really annoying.
I agree with no carrot at the end it makes a lot of people start thinking about doing other things. I do understand that BW want to get away from verticle gear progression but you can't take it away and then give nothing but a black and white piece of gear that you already have. A lot of people play to get there character stronger now not so much.
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

Briljin
12.13.2012 , 03:56 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
It's like a huge rug you spent months weaving being pulled out from under your feet the minute you put it on the floor to admire.
Let's be honest. If it took you "months" to get full BM (remember we are talking about non rated commendations here), it would have taken years for them to get WH. So this change made it easier for them to get WH.

SoonerJBD
12.13.2012 , 04:23 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldriq View Post
I agree with no carrot at the end it makes a lot of people start thinking about doing other things. I do understand that BW want to get away from verticle gear progression but you can't take it away and then give nothing but a black and white piece of gear that you already have. A lot of people play to get there character stronger now not so much.
Maybe a re-skin would be worth it if the gear wasn't almost universally hideous. That's another problem. The last new tiered armor looks we got were months ago. How many more re-skins are we going to get before they release some good looks for the gear people actually have to earn? They've actually designed some decent looks lately, but they are all on the cartel market. Meanwhile the top PvE and PvP tiered gear is a third re-skin of looks they released months ago that most people hated.

siegeshot
12.15.2012 , 01:19 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBama View Post
FYI, there was a change that is not widely talked about. You can convert ranked comms to regular 1:1. Some may disagree but I think your game play experience would be better getting fully decked out in regular war hero gear, than using these ranked comms for the non-turn in elite WH stuff. Just my opinion.
This sounds like a fair compromise even though I'm out about 9000 standard coms from my purchase of some WH gear a few days prior to 1.6. I can't find the vendor though for the 1:1 switch back. That'd help a lot.

Please let me know.
Guild: Cute Pink Banthas / Gravity Kills
Youtube.com/swtorPaladin
Begeren Colony. RP-PVE.
Original beta group: Squadron 367

DariusCalera
12.15.2012 , 01:41 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by siegeshot View Post
This sounds like a fair compromise even though I'm out about 9000 standard coms from my purchase of some WH gear a few days prior to 1.6. I can't find the vendor though for the 1:1 switch back. That'd help a lot.

Please let me know.
Vendor is to the left of the kiosk that gives the PvP daily and weekly.

TrashCanGammy
12.15.2012 , 07:36 AM | #87
I don't think there's any need for a full refund but it would be a good change if once you were done with old PvP gear you could trade it in for maybe a quarter or so of the comms cost of buying it. My guardian and gunslinger are now in BM that's barely better than recruit with very few comms. I'm gonna have to do a lot of grinding on them to get them competitive again.

jkjacks
12.15.2012 , 10:40 AM | #88
I think they should just remove the ability to queue for ranked and complete in regular warzones at the same time. If the gain from ranked is great enough, they wont play regular ones. That alone would improve parity to some degree.

Veniras
12.15.2012 , 01:00 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by jkjacks View Post
I think they should just remove the ability to queue for ranked and complete in regular warzones at the same time. If the gain from ranked is great enough, they wont play regular ones. That alone would improve parity to some degree.
That would TOTALLY kill ranked.

dougan
12.15.2012 , 01:12 PM | #90
I don't even know where to begin when complaining about PvP gearing in this game.
Dougan