Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Idea for scrapper changes

Xinika
12.13.2012 , 12:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayshawn View Post
But you don't HAVE to play it as a tank, Balance is extremely viable and very diverse, also, as a tank you can still put up those numbers and get some good solos... on a scoundrel, it is very disappointing that so many ranked teams are trying to force them to conform to the FOTM healing tree. Maybe Healing isn't your Forte, at least with your tank tree you can still mow people down...

BTW isn't tank tree a KC shadow?
I told you I play every spec of my class... I was just using that reference to his post. Also, Balance is highly overrated and still mediocre at best.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

randiesel
12.13.2012 , 01:55 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by dego-harmonium View Post
beside the 15% to healing while shield probe is active most of the skills are worth training in the healing tree, there isnít really any "Well I guess this one sucks the least" skill you need to train to access the next tier of skills in that tree.
the pve energy management for concealment is horrid, if they just removed the energy cost of acid blade I think our dps would be fine, and possibly gave ops another in combat stealth that didnít break combat like force camo, we could toss out an extra hidden strike every min or so to gain another TA so we wouldnít be constantly sacrificing a lacerate for a stim boost, ive heard other people toss around the idea to a dmg boost to backstab when a target is under 30% which wouldnt be a horrible idea for a lack of an execute.
I honestly just think since we seriously lack defense, we should make it up in offense with a tiny bit more out of stealth damage. Not Hidden Strike, all we need is to have 7k HS running rampant again...

Example, a carnage marauder can burn through their target amazingly fast and has very good defensive abilities to boot, not to mention a fluid resource management versus our crappy energy. Energy is easy to maintain for pve, but we have to dump it all way too quickly to be effective in pvp and then you're looking at a slower energy regeneration rate the more abilities you need to use.

Regardless, our damage has never been normalized to match what other melee classes are capable of and with us having little to no defense, we should make up for that by hitting harder. "Lol, L2P" all you want, but it's true.

Carter_Mathis
12.13.2012 , 02:16 PM | #23
While, even in my dps gear, I can heal with the best of them, I didn't roll this character for healing. Shin, you at least benefit from all of your trees being quite viable (with Balance being much more powerful than you seem to admit). For scoundrels, i would prefer not to be stuck with healing because I have a good healing tree. In tough wzs, if you want a melee dps you take a Sent/Guardian/Vanguard or even 1-2 shadows, but no one really thinks about Scoundrels. If you want to go dirty fighting, just the tree for Gunslingers offers more increases to damage than scoundrels have. People get impressed when i pull 900+ or 850+ dps in a wz, but those numbers would be pretty bad if you compared it to the potential of a Sent or Balance Shadow
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Xinika
12.13.2012 , 02:56 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
(with Balance being much more powerful than you seem to admit).
What do you want me to say? It's spectacular? It's average. Average doesn't mean it's a bad thing. It's simply what I just stated.

I play... lots of different specs of my class. I am constantly testing out new quirks and additions. I have very extensive knowledge concerning the mechanics of my class and I am not blinded and or biased by any spec. If I were, that would be extremely illogical and unscientific. I judge it based on its performance compared to the other specs and classes alike. Balance Shadow is nothing that grand nor is it that horrible.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

randiesel
12.13.2012 , 03:24 PM | #25
Oh hey, didn't even read that was Vasyel who started this thread. How goes it?

Anyhow, I did see Damager's post of 1.5 million as Madness spec on another thread, so Balance can't be THAT bad...

One thing I think Vas is pointing out is that we enjoy melee dps and full Scrapper spec is all we get. Shadows/Sins have 3 full spec trees, plus 3 hybrid specs, that at least I'm aware of and I barely play my Sin, nor do I keep up to date on what's going on. There is a lot of room for playing and, hell even just throwing your opponent off by him judging how you are specced by looking at what stance (wow term) you have active.

Xinika
12.13.2012 , 03:30 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by randiesel View Post
Anyhow, I did see Damager's post of 1.5 million as Madness spec on another thread
This right here is the issue. There are several variables that can lead to inflated numbers and malformed scores. One should never judge a spec based on damage scores alone in a warzone for complete conclusive results.

Quote:
so Balance can't be THAT bad...
Up to now, I never called it bad.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

randiesel
12.13.2012 , 03:34 PM | #27
[QUOTE=Xinika;5574571]
Quote: Originally Posted by randiesel View Post
This right here is the issue. There are several variables that can lead to inflated numbers and malformed scores. One should never judge a spec based on damage scores alone in a warzone for complete conclusive results.
Agreed. And I am misinformed, admittedly, b/c idk anything about what you're referring to, but I'll take your word for it.

No scrapper can ever hit that high (props to Vas, I'm still 100k below your best) but all I said was "It can't be THAT bad". I'm not looking to argue the point.

Xinika
12.13.2012 , 03:50 PM | #28
[QUOTE=randiesel;5574594]
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post

Agreed. And I am misinformed, admittedly, b/c idk anything about what you're referring to, but I'll take your word for it.

No scrapper can ever hit that high (props to Vas, I'm still 100k below your best) but all I said was "It can't be THAT bad". I'm not looking to argue the point.
Fair enough.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

Humulus
12.14.2012 , 02:37 AM | #29
Force sweep should hit 8 targets, how am I gonna smash a whole team and only hit 5?!?! bioware should throw us another buff! what do you mean OP? don't get mad at me cause lemmings keep stacking!!!

... oh wrong thread, my bad, so whats this one about? scrapper changes? or are we just /nerdflexing knowledge of which shadow tree is best?

... it's balance by the way, trust me, my sin is lvl 6.
HUMMUS
<GAF>

Carter_Mathis
12.14.2012 , 02:47 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Humulus View Post
Force sweep should hit 8 targets, how am I gonna smash a whole team and only hit 5?!?! bioware should throw us another buff! what do you mean OP? don't get mad at me cause lemmings keep stacking!!!

... oh wrong thread, my bad, so whats this one about? scrapper changes? or are we just /nerdflexing knowledge of which shadow tree is best?

... it's balance by the way, trust me, my sin is lvl 6.
Actually, i think force sweep should not have a specified maximum number of targets, but rather cause mini 5 meter sweeps to spawn under any hostile enemy within 8 meters, allowing for multiple targets to be hit with multiple sweeps, because let's be honest, it's annoying to press that Force Sweep button more than once
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder