Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MozOTheUndercity
12.12.2012 , 04:41 AM | #4001
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
Agreed, I don't see the problem with pronoun swapping hero sexual companions. I read the arguments against it, "oh real people are more complex than that they need to make the sgra's different to show the subtle variations of how a person romances a man compared to a woman". Come on....

Seriously now, this isn't Shakespeare these guys are writing with the companions and the romances. I haven't seen anything in my (admittedly limited since I can't actually level till SGRA's arrive) experience with the companions we never get this deep insight into their personalities and motivations that you all are talking about.

They dig the hero. That's really about as far as it gets. I don't see the issue here. The whole "writer lead time" thing was just a smoke screen to begin with.
Honestly, in the interest of maximizing the player's options, and given that a fair amount of the content is already there (most of the companion's VO and most of the writing; not to say there's not a lot to do but it's a start), I think they'd need a pretty compelling reason not to do this for pretty much all the existing romances.

My worry is that they'll use the "we knew which characters we wanted" idea and in the end only 2-3 will be revised, and they'll just arbitrarily decree that the rest of the characters are straight. Personally I don't think it necessarily adds much to a companion character to define their sexuality one way or another, but it can do wonders for the player character and the player's ability to play them as they want if the option's there.

Plus, the more characters they revise, the more new characters I get to make..

MoobooMagoo
12.12.2012 , 06:46 AM | #4002
I was thinking, since we know that the SGRA are going to be separate from the OGRA, what if they added a romance for a character that didn't already have one?

Like they might make one of the romance options SGR exclusive. I think that would be interesting and very non-heteronormative of them.

I've only played a Trooper so I don't know WHO this would apply to, but it would be interesting if it happened.
Explorer: 80% Achiever: 60% Killer: 47% Socializer: 13%

Daniel Erickson and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-Abs

Euripides
12.12.2012 , 07:06 AM | #4003
Jedi Knight - Lord Scourge. Now that would be a cool romance arc. Alternatively, T7-01.
Consular - Holiday, full stop. Transhumanism. WHY does something like this not already exist? Alternatively, Qyzen.
Smuggler - Akaavi Spar. Or Risha. I don't care. Girls and guns and violence is always a winning combination.
Trooper - M1-4X! M1-4X! M1-4X! M1-4X! M1-4X! M1-4X! M1-4X! M1-4X!
Sith Warrior - That Jaesa isn't an option is outright baffling. Also, why no Broonmark? I want to romance the apex predator please.
Inquisitor - Khem Val, because the eating and swallowing puns would never end.
Bounty Hunter - Gault. Or Blizz. Or Skadge. Or... well, everyone on the crew. Especially Mako. Just listen to the way a fem bounty hunter says "little girl" when meeting Mako for the first time. That's a voice dripping with lust.
Agent - Why, oh WHY isn't Doctor Lokin a romance path? Or SCORPIO? Seriously, why not SCORPIO?
The Force made me do it.

stuffystuffs
12.12.2012 , 08:02 AM | #4004
Quote: Originally Posted by MozOTheUndercity View Post
My worry is that they'll use the "we knew which characters we wanted" idea and in the end only 2-3 will be revised, and they'll just arbitrarily decree that the rest of the characters are straight.
That's pretty much what was said by Erickson.

But I do agree with you. Not sure how they will justify saying "X" character is open to SGRA while "Y" is not, especially considering these limitations will probably lead to some classes not having an SGRA for a gender (assuming no new companions are added).
Node guarder

Lent_San
12.12.2012 , 09:41 AM | #4005
Please, anything, but not Qizen. *shudders*

BumBoi
12.12.2012 , 10:15 AM | #4006
id like to play as a gay trooper if they but a good looking male chiss as the romace but not the cat man only reson ive not played cus it needs a better romance and as a sith worrior quinn should be a gay option cus he dont act that st8 tbf hope!!!!!!!! they add it soon i losing the will to play on already... only reactivated my acount few weeks ago

stuffystuffs
12.12.2012 , 10:17 AM | #4007
Quote: Originally Posted by MoobooMagoo View Post
I was thinking, since we know that the SGRA are going to be separate from the OGRA, what if they added a romance for a character that didn't already have one?
The only problem is that all female companions are OGRA already (except, LS Jaesa).

...unless LS Jaesa is the only female SGRA option.
Node guarder

markcymru
12.12.2012 , 10:25 AM | #4008
Hi Stuffs, good to see you back !

If old characters opened to SGR... my 1st date will be with Kira.

If new characters introduced... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an Isabella type.

natashina
12.12.2012 , 01:44 PM | #4009
I got the PMs and I'll be addressing of all this later tonight. I'm going to send out a mass PM because I got a couple of ideas. I'm not sure how good they would be, but I do have them.

Thanks for the love and well wishes guys!

I'll be back later. For now, sleeeeeeeep.

Revanchis
12.12.2012 , 01:58 PM | #4010
Quote: Originally Posted by markcymru View Post
Hi Stuffs, good to see you back !

If old characters opened to SGR... my 1st date will be with Kira.

If new characters introduced... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an Isabella type.
If they do introduce an Isabella-expy I just hope she's optional.