Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Customer Service Failure (Cartel Market related)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Customer Service Failure (Cartel Market related)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Grimmig
12.12.2012 , 10:49 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Grimmig,

Please review your ticket status.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Issue resolved to my satisfaction, thank you very much.

Oddly enough, I received an email this morning from M0-T0:

Quote:
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Star Wars: The Old Republic Account.

In order to better protect your account, all Billing, Subscription and Account Security issues are dealt with via our Customer Service telephone support.
I was all set to be pissed off about this canned response, but then I got confused. It was regarding ticket # 7325372 which is not a ticket # listed in my help desk history in-game. Perhaps it was a response to the email I sent to support@swtor.com ? If it was, then M0-T0 is just copy/pasting canned denials and blowoffs everywhere. I've been crawling the CSR forum and almost every time M0-T0 comes up it's someone complaining that it was a canned copy/paste reply and usually unrelated to their issue.

Regardless, my issue is settled now, thanks.
How do I get my Cartel Market issue fixed?
Ticket: 1801447312 Resolved on 1/21/2013, issue began on 12/11/2012
I can't post or reply because I let my sub lapse. I can't log a ticket in game either.
M0-T0 closes web tickets telling me to call Support, they say log a ticket in game.

Beesodd
12.12.2012 , 10:55 AM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for the update Grimmig, and sorry I couldn't get back to you faster yesterday, and for the MO-TO confusion.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Grimmig
01.10.2013 , 11:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Thanks for the update Grimmig, and sorry I couldn't get back to you faster yesterday, and for the MO-TO confusion.
So here we are again, a month later:

After receiving cartel coins refunded to me I purchased the same items a second time and sat on them until my subscription ran out again.

All three account-wide unlocks (unify colors, hide head slot, display titles) seemed to work, at first. I was smart enough to take before and after pictures of each unlock.

I used each on the same character, pausing between them. All three indicated they worked, all three unlocked features were tested and confirmed to be working. After restarting the client though display titles was once again unavailable to me. Seriously? What the hell is wrong with the cartel system and unlocks that don't persist?

Before, feature is locked, item is in my inventory:
http://i.imgur.com/vjuJy.jpg
(original file name: Screenshot_2013-01-10_21_08_26_247662.jpg)

After: Feature unlocked, fly text on screen to match, system message in chat to match, item gone from my inventory:
http://i.imgur.com/9moNd.jpg
(original file name: Screenshot_2013-01-10_21_08_35_228176.jpg)

Currently, later on Tatooine:
http://i.imgur.com/dXVB0.jpg
(original file name: Screenshot_2013-01-10_23_23_17_204323.jpg)

So... shall we try this again, do I get those Cartel Coins back a second time or what? Things like this really do not motivate me to spend money either via the Cartel Market or Subscription. It certainly doesn't make me want to recommend others play/spend/subscribe. These are simple, yet somehow common and recurring issues here.
I can't post or reply because I let my sub lapse. I can't log a ticket in game either.
M0-T0 closes web tickets telling me to call Support, they say log a ticket in game.

Grimmig
01.11.2013 , 03:03 AM | #14
Up once more before sleep, hopefully Beesodd or some other CS rep will check in again and do some fixing.

Beesodd
01.11.2013 , 05:00 AM | #15 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi again Grimmig,

You seem to have pretty bad luck when it comes to these unlocks, but hopefully we can get this sorted for you asap.

Thanks for the detailed post and timestamped* pictures.

*timestamps help hugely and make log searches much easier for agents.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

MyraTynomi
01.11.2013 , 09:31 AM | #16
I wonder if the forum support are different people from the in game ones. The in game ones generally don't fix things where at least on the forum they seem to try... must be pretty frustrating if they are different depts. because they get to deal with all the **** caused by the in game 'support'...

Grimmig
01.11.2013 , 11:26 AM | #17
It has been my experience so far that both in-game and phone support are completely and utterly useless. All they do is direct you back to each other anyway. The support received via the forum however seems to actually resolve issues. A real shame that not every account can post on the forums.

Last month when my subscription lapsed I could not post until I had an active subscription again. This month after letting it lapse again, I can. Time to login again and see what happens this time.

Grimmig
01.11.2013 , 11:56 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi again Grimmig,

You seem to have pretty bad luck when it comes to these unlocks, but hopefully we can get this sorted for you asap.

Thanks for the detailed post and timestamped* pictures.

*timestamps help hugely and make log searches much easier for agents.
Well, I received a Cartel Coin refund of 180 coins however the unlock costs 200. So... it doesn't really solve my problem.

Grimmig
01.11.2013 , 05:29 PM | #19
Up for great justice.

Would have been so much easier to have the account wide title unlock item restored instead of the cartel coins, since I plan on buying the same thing again anyway (for the third time). The reason I was refunded 180 coins instead of the cost of the item (200) is because the account-wide unlock was on sale the last time I purchased it.

I realize I was refunded the purchase price of the item so that I don't gain 20 extra cartel coins, but were I to repurchase the bugged item again I would effectively be losing / penalized the 20 coins.

WAHIPPLE
01.11.2013 , 05:52 PM | #20
it would be realy cool after all your trouble if CSR would just unlock thous on your acount for you for free and take a closer look into why thats happening