Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grade 7 crafted ship items too expensive

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Grade 7 crafted ship items too expensive

Trispast
12.11.2012 , 04:18 PM | #1
I just picked up the Grade 7 Space Ship item schematics on my cybertech. It looks like the mats cost for each item is somewhere around 1 million credits. As a cybertech I can't compete with the prices Cartel Coin buyers are able to produce these items. My proposal is that the 4 Molecular Stabalizer be removed from the materials list. That should reduce the expense to craft the item, and allow for the prices to be competetive.

DarthBuckets
12.11.2012 , 04:26 PM | #2
The ship upgrades in the Cartel Market is extremely disappointing.

I think cutting the number of Stabilizers down to one or two and allowing them to crit (for an extra) would make them on par, but there probably wouldn't be a huge market/profit for them still.

Trispast
12.11.2012 , 04:49 PM | #3
It is kind of sad when it makes more sense for a cybertech with the schematics to buy the items off the GTN than make them for themselves.

NotRonin
12.11.2012 , 07:20 PM | #4
Can you RE the item for the molecular stablizer?

Trispast
12.11.2012 , 07:32 PM | #5
Nope, none of the Grade 7 parts can be reverse engineered

DawnAskham
12.11.2012 , 08:21 PM | #6
The mat requirements are outrageous considering the same ship parts are sold on the Cartel Market. No one is going to pay over 1 million for something people are flipping on the GTN for much much less than that.

ErosGyne
12.11.2012 , 10:35 PM | #7
this is the beginning of Pay2Win(hope not)
BW knows players dont like to grind, 700 fleet coms for 1 part is ridiculous, and the amount of mats at their prices makes the item unmarketable on GTN
so they put the same part in the Cartel Market for real cash, buying "gear"(ship parts) for real cash for us to be able to do something in game is P2W
because without that ship parts you cant do the missions
almost no one did space missions, now thing will be the same, nothing change

Trispast
12.11.2012 , 11:58 PM | #8
I hope someone at bioware takes a look at their metrics and realizes that no one is crafting these items. What is the point of even offering the schematics? I just hope this doesn't end up going the same route as the Inhertance/Birthright tokens. Programer's time should not be wasted creating functionaly unobtainable content!!!

POPsi
12.12.2012 , 03:18 AM | #9
it is intentionally that high to encourage people buying the stuff for real money.

Karkais
12.12.2012 , 03:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBuckets View Post
The ship upgrades in the Cartel Market is extremely disappointing.
Word. Whenever cartel market can produce items that somebody can craft, it is just plain stupid on Biowares part. They are intent on killing crafting.

Quote: Originally Posted by POPsi View Post
it is intentionally that high to encourage people buying the stuff for real money.
This is very plausible explanation, however with a sideeffect of neutering crafting. Stupid.

It didn't take long for SWTOR to turn into pay-to-win.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur