Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The trade ins for Elite War Hero Combat Medic gear and Combat Tech gear are swapped

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The trade ins for Elite War Hero Combat Medic gear and Combat Tech gear are swapped

ResidentHero
12.11.2012 , 05:11 PM | #1
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else yet. I play a merc healer and have a full set of War Hero Combat Medic gear. When I got home from work today and tried to buy some elite war pieces I realized it wouldn't let me buy any of the Medic gear, only the Combat tech gear.

Lo and behold if you look are the turn-ins required for the upgrades, the Medic gear specifies it needs Combat Tech gear piece to turn in, the Combat Tech gear needs a Medic piece. I'm on Pot5 and I have no idea if this issue is specifc to me, to my server, or game wide.

Kind of ridiculous I go through all the effort to get max comms, but I can't buy any of the upgraded gear yet and now I'm gunna have to wait for another patch for this to be fixed. Get your **** together Bioware.

Edit: I had a guild mate check it and he sees the same problem with the trade in descriptions even though he's not a merc. Even if I try and right click the piece to buy, it won't let me buy the Medic piece without a piece of Combat Tech gear to trade in.

phatmensa
12.11.2012 , 08:10 PM | #2
AGREED same here what a cluster ....

i took out all my mods & armouring cost me a fortune .. saved for weeks to be ready to go elite on day 1..

what a massive let down !!!!!
Phatmensa

Jenzali
12.12.2012 , 03:14 AM | #3
This issue was reported early on in the PTS forum and was ignored, so the bug was pushed to live servers. We can only hope they'll patch it soon.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Sweatloaf
12.13.2012 , 04:31 PM | #4
It's the same on the Rep side with Commando healer/combat tech.

KillaChronic
12.14.2012 , 02:03 PM | #5
WOW! i thought the same thing. going crazy . plz fix <powertech

phatmensa
12.14.2012 , 04:08 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by phatmensa View Post
AGREED same here what a cluster ....

i took out all my mods & armouring cost me a fortune .. saved for weeks to be ready to go elite on day 1..

what a massive let down !!!!!
SO HERE WE ARE 3 DAYS LATER AND STILL NO HOT FIX FOR THIS ISSUE...
WHAT AM I PAYING MY SUBS FOR SINCE LAUNCH.. TO BE LEFT WITH LESS STATS THEN
OTHER CLASSES... COME ON BIOWARE SORT THIS OUT -
HAVE YOU HEARD OF CUSTOMERS SERVICE ??
Phatmensa

Yajin
12.15.2012 , 04:55 AM | #7
Same issue here. Makes you wonder if the devs even care, not even responding to tickets about it.

Sifka
12.15.2012 , 09:56 AM | #8
A bug like this is gamebreaking and should have been hot-fixed as soon at it was discovered.
Yazra

NOSEPRESS
12.15.2012 , 03:45 PM | #9
Obv the devs only play pwr tech tanks and ugly repubs
50 SORC heals 50 JUGG dps
50 MERC 50 SIN tank
=

Siniaera
12.16.2012 , 12:35 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sifka View Post
A bug like this is gamebreaking and should have been hot-fixed as soon at it was discovered.
Game breaking not being able to buy elite warlod equipement for a 1-3 extra stats) yes truely gamebreaking.

However I do agree this should already have been fixed. A bit like PVP balance.
E̶m̶o̶-̶D̶r̶o̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶H̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶O̶f̶f̶e̶n̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶P̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶M̶o̶r̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶-̶ ̶M̶e̶o̶o̶W̶ ̶-̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶H̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶v̶2̶ ̶-̶ ̶w̶O̶O̶t̶ ̶-̶ ̶O̶r̶a̶g̶e̶