Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What a WASTE of time new space missions

Elear
12.11.2012 , 03:26 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by kaloonzu View Post
Yeah, I've got that much. Destroyed every component on the frigate, but it still obstinately escapes at the 12 second mark. I've made sure to get the generators (well practiced from Mugaar Ice Field and Aeten Defense) and the engines. I've been playing the space missions since game launch, and this is frustrating.

To all the people who are having trouble with just getting through the missions alive, learn the routes first; the missions aren't hard for the enemies so much as the obstacles.
Your best bet in that case is just to sweep randomly all over frigate trying to get missile lock. There is that one part in front of frigates that is more durable than others, and it'll often get covered in smoke once ship turns away from you.

Tahapenes
12.11.2012 , 07:05 PM | #22
While the other missions are fine and fair for the new space missions, whoever came up with Cha Raaba needs a good swift kick. Seriously, why am I sitting here for a minute flying through rocks doing NOTHING! The mission is 3:49, I typically kill the first to fighters by 3:19, and then sit there twiddling my thumbs while flying through rocks for about a minute waiting (2:23) to be able to start shooting at things again and then it gets completely and utterly nuts (where I have to use my Jam and then my EMP back to back). Really, Cha Raaba needs a trip back to the drawing board as it's really a dumb design. (I never sit for more than 15 seconds in any of the other heroic space missions, why am I sitting for almost a minute here in this mission?)

deanth
12.11.2012 , 07:28 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lejune View Post
Interesting. Thx for the explanation. One more question. Can you repeat the space mission over and over even without the daily quest..and if so do you know how much credits/fleet comms are given for each?. I get off in ahour, but I'm impatient atm !!! Lol
Yes, you can complete the space new space missions over and over without the daily quest, it yields 1793 creds for completing the mission, and for the republic side space mission Regnant Station Assualt, there are 3 bonus missions, Destroy 1 Sith Ship, Destroy 4 frigates, both netting 5381 creds everytime and there's destroy 40 imperial fighters which I can't remember the creds off the top of my head, but i think it's in the 3k-4k creds range. And completing these bonus missions also unlocks a codex.

iSoldat
12.11.2012 , 11:14 PM | #24
Just a little curious, but has anyone else ever been fired on by a frigate that you have completely obliterated? Or seen a ship jump to hyperspace or move for that matter after you destroyed it's engines?

DarthObelisk
12.12.2012 , 12:11 AM | #25
Its really something for bioware to put new missions for space but man making the missions so hard that you need the class 7 gear just to have a small glimmer of a chance to complete it.
You cant even do the mission with the top gear you have for your ship the advance class 5 parts that were top of the line before the update!
Well i used to be really happy with the space mission and after these mission i will be hanging up my pilot helmet for now cause either the missions are too high lvl for my ship or they are some how bugged i dont know but i will not pay real money for the space parts from the cartel just to be able to have a chance to play the game.
Jedi Sentinel 65 Jedi Consular 65 Jedi Shadow 65
Gunslinger 65 Commando 50

Imperial Agent 60 Sith Assassin 65 Sith Sorcerer 65
Sith Warrior 65
Mercenary 65

TalkingDinosaur
12.12.2012 , 12:17 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Salacious_Dumb View Post
Which "people" complain the missions are too easy, and do you know for a fact the original poster was one of the complainers?
Sad attempt at covering up "gameis2ez" threads. ^
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

snowmon
12.12.2012 , 08:22 AM | #27
well some of us have to spend the next few months grinding old space missions to even get the gear to attempt the new ones, once i have the gear in 2 months time ill let you know how i think they are..

FU EA, im going to grind the tokens, stick ya cash shop BS up your .....
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

Spoletta
12.12.2012 , 08:37 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthObelisk View Post
Its really something for bioware to put new missions for space but man making the missions so hard that you need the class 7 gear just to have a small glimmer of a chance to complete it.
You cant even do the mission with the top gear you have for your ship the advance class 5 parts that were top of the line before the update!
Well i used to be really happy with the space mission and after these mission i will be hanging up my pilot helmet for now cause either the missions are too high lvl for my ship or they are some how bugged i dont know but i will not pay real money for the space parts from the cartel just to be able to have a chance to play the game.
These mission are supposed to be a challenge, not something you get on your first try. When there is a new operation that you can`t down what do you do? Learn a better strategy and spend more time equipping or rant to the devs that you wiped?

Those missions DO NOT require grade 7 to be completed, it has been said many times and i made sure checking personally. I completed 4 missions in around 30 tries with grade 6 (baros, the shuttle defense, ardis and the one where you destroy the 8 satellites). My next targets are new kovor and Disruption (Chaa braa for imps) and i`m fairly sure that i`ll get those down with grade 6 equip, or at the most with grade 7 missiles.

So now you have it, it`s definitely possible to down this operation boss. Do you want to try downing it or just whine to the devs so that they nerf it? (And then complain that there is no endgame).

MaximusRex
12.12.2012 , 09:54 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Phatsac View Post
Guess what, they were on the PTS for the past 2 weeks. If you wanted to cry about their difficulty then would have been the time. not now.
Considering that the steep cost of Grade 7 gear made it impossible to test how difficult it was on PTS, this isn't really a viable excuse.

The difficulty/time investment vs Reward is way off.

Gwence
12.12.2012 , 11:43 AM | #30
only done Duma Strike so far on empire side, but if you time your 15 sec immunity well it's pretty easy'ish.

I started out with emp right away to damage the 3 frigates that surround u, then I hit the immunity when u come around the corner with the bombers and the corsair ship, should have emp back up towards the end of it and can use on the big command ship for a little extra damage on the bridge which was the hardest part to blow up.

took me 2 tries

looking forward to trying out the other ones.