Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consular PvE low DPS and other issues?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular
Consular PvE low DPS and other issues?

WooduckAUS
12.10.2012 , 03:59 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by haksilence View Post
this is probably the most false thing ive ever seen on the forums.

My main is a Shadow and we ARE siverely subpar as DPS. this is fact..
If your main is a shadow and this is what you believe, i would suggest roll another class. I'm not going to say that we are the highest dps'n class, but it sounds like you may be having issues with yours. I don't find too many that can out dps my balance shadow in a raid situation. Trash and bosses alike. If you can't play your class, don't start whining about the class as a whole.

I am more then happy with my shadows dps and the people i run with are as well. Sounds like a case of L2P....

Khevar
12.10.2012 , 04:37 PM | #72
While I think there are balance issues between the promised parity between dps classes, some people seem to take the idea to extreme levels.

I've had 4 different players all try to convince me that their class was the worst dps in the game compared to other classes. And each of these players were on 4 different classes! There seems to be a case of "the grass is greener" phenomenon.

I've even had different people on this forum try to convince me that Commando dps (my main) "caps out" at 1400, to which I found plenty of parses on real boss situations that proved otherwise.

It is one thing to ask Bioware to bring dps classes closer to the promised 5%. It is quite another to rage about OMGZ x class dps is the werstest in the gameeee The latter in indicative of a player who is missing the basics on how to play their class.

haksilence
12.11.2012 , 04:46 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
"Fact."

You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
i cant argue with you because you put one of my favorite movies into quote congrats sir you win this arguement.

haksilence
12.11.2012 , 04:50 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by WooduckAUS View Post
If your main is a shadow and this is what you believe, i would suggest roll another class. I'm not going to say that we are the highest dps'n class, but it sounds like you may be having issues with yours. I don't find too many that can out dps my balance shadow in a raid situation. Trash and bosses alike. If you can't play your class, don't start whining about the class as a whole.

I am more then happy with my shadows dps and the people i run with are as well. Sounds like a case of L2P....

i roll a tank more often then not but i hvae, too this day, never seen shadow DPS suprise me. i know my class very well and even in my second rate DPS gear (most rakata) since im mainly a tank istill get only around 1350 DPS. im not talking down my favorite class im simply saying that the guy who posted this was wrong on many levels since there are a vastamount of classses that can out DPS even the best of shadows.

PS. in my guild there are 2 sages rolling hybrid spec that are close to 2k DPS on the operation training dummy without an armour debuff, adrenals, or inspiration on a 6 minuite parse. as well they average above 1800 at the least in most ops scenarios.

WooduckAUS
12.11.2012 , 05:35 PM | #75
im not talking down my favorite class im simply saying that the guy who posted this was wrong on many levels since there are a vastamount of classses that can out DPS even the best of shadows.

PS. in my guild there are 2 sages rolling hybrid spec that are close to 2k DPS on the operation training dummy without an armour debuff, adrenals, or inspiration on a 6 minuite parse. as well they average above 1800 at the least in most ops scenarios.
Never said we are the highest dps'n class out there. I can assure you, that it would take someone who is completely on his game and know their character inside and out, to out dps my shadow (in simliar gear), even then i would be surprised if i was not close.

You say you have 2 sages running a high parse in your guild, out of how many people...... I'm guessing that probably around 5% of the people using higher parsing classes can actually utilize their potential. My point was simply, if you think we are a low dps'n class, then you may not know how to use him properly. You may well be surprised by what a shadow can do, when you know how to use him. I'd love to run with someone who can out dps me in game, I find that challenge part of the fun in the game. Would love to run with your sages, check out there gear/stats/build and see what they can do running something with me. Looking at a parse online, doesn't really interest me too much.

Come run with me somtime, i'd be happy to show you what a shadow can do, in end game content.

p.s. I've seen 1900+ parses from shadows too.... we are not as bad as what everyone tries to make out.

tomofoureleven
12.16.2012 , 02:41 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
This thread is old, and some things have changed, but balance shadows do good damage. You need to learn to play. The sims showed Balance Shadows at the top of the list in base campaign gear (although sentinels/marauders weren't tested).

http://www.simulationcraft.org/swtor..._Campaign.html

It's still the best PvE spec for Shadows and does damage at least as good as anything a Sage can put out.
This particular simulation is done with the base campaign gear of each class, this means that some classes will be more optimised than others. You cannot judge the comparative dps this way. Also it seems that a concealment operative does nearly 50 more dps than a scrapper scoundrel, despite being identical classes

Marksman snipers do 200 more dps than sharpshooter gunslingers??????

Please stop using this Sim to try compare dps

SoonerJBD
12.16.2012 , 04:48 PM | #77
If you have better numbers, please provide them. If not, stop complaining. Shadows can do perfectly good DPS.

Twolightsabers
12.17.2012 , 01:49 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by wolfyrik View Post
Thanks for this ever so insightful and helpful post. This is exactly the kind of learned discourse that really helps the community to grow.
[/sarcasm]

If I'm doing it worng, that suggests there's something very wrong with the game mechanics. There should never be a predfined set way to play in an mmo like this, there's even less excuse when the player is bombarded with so many skills. Seriously this is the worst game I've ever seen for excess skill baggage.

Rather than just spouting unhelpful, arrogant garbage, perhaps you could instead perhaps point out what rotatations in a prolonged fight might better handle resources?
Unfortunately the only guides that are availble are somewhat out of date.
You sound like a very bad player who instead of actually learning his class, lashes out at anyone and everyone. "It's everyone's fault but mine" won't get you far in life, even less further in an MMO. You want suggestions? Go play Hello Kitty's Adventure Island.

PPAlien
12.18.2012 , 08:53 PM | #79
this is probably the most false thing ive ever seen on the forums. lets start witha list of AC'sthat DPS higher.

focus sentinal
watchman sentinal
gunnary commando
assault commando
balance sage
TK sage
hybrid sage
sharpshooter gunslinger

and some more that may as well be higher.
infil shadows
vigilance guardians
focus guardians
assault vanguards

My main is a Shadow and we ARE siverely subpar as DPS. this is fact..
Hahahah, you literally have no idea what you are doing, do you?
Infil shadows are most definitely not higher than balance, guardians will never be higher, neither will vanguards, or sages. Sents and commandos are highly dependent on who is playing them (although the commando rotation is piss easy).

I agree with the previous post, you have no idea what the word 'Fact' means do you?

haksilence
12.21.2012 , 11:42 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by PPAlien View Post
Hahahah, you literally have no idea what you are doing, do you?
Infil shadows are most definitely not higher than balance, guardians will never be higher, neither will vanguards, or sages. Sents and commandos are highly dependent on who is playing them (although the commando rotation is piss easy).

I agree with the previous post, you have no idea what the word 'Fact' means do you?
in my guild alone we have two sages that parse give or take 2k DPS on the ops dummy without adrenals, armour debuffs, or inspiration or anything)

and i have never seen a shadow hit 2k even in prime gear and played well the best ive seen was 1750
as far as vanguards I have seen over 1850 from people who play them as alts in just campaign gear...