Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What a WASTE of time new space missions

kaloonzu
12.11.2012 , 01:01 PM | #11
I'm considered by most of my friends to be a damned good pilot in all manner of flight combat simulators. These missions are nice challenge. I do have a question though: how the hell do you kill frigates? I can clearly see the large targeting reticule, but I can't lock onto it with anything, including my blasters. I've completely shot off all of its components (I'm referring to the Cha Raaba Assault, mainly), even its shields, but I can't do anything with that targeting reticule.
PT AP Hunter
Audacious Prospect
Sith Empire Hardcore Raiders

Lejune
12.11.2012 , 01:37 PM | #12
What are the rewards? Please just don't say blackhole comms, then I would say well what's the point. If people can get the same stuff without running a single space mission.....PLEASE tell me this isn't the case. I would just like to see people ship parts that are ONLY obtainable through these space missions. 6 new missions...6 new parts.. Exactly the way the lower level purple ship parts were awarded to us.

deanth
12.11.2012 , 01:53 PM | #13
Some tips to completing the new space missions
1. I think the most crucial items you need are the T7 300k cred Power conversion module, T7 concussion missiles and the T7 Improved EMP. The T7 Blast condenser is very useful and maybe crucial for maybe one of the new space missions but not necessary for others.
2. Accept that you are going to fail once/twice and even many times... But persist and get to know the route and layout of the missions
3. Just go for main objectives, skip the bonus ones
3. Use arrow keys to move and dodge around the screen instead of using only mouse, use mouse for aiming. (I don't use the space bar for dodging)
4. You'll be using the power conversion module a lot and switching between damage and shield a lot. (Your hand will be jumping between arrow keys and numbers)

Khevar
12.11.2012 , 01:55 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lejune View Post
What are the rewards? Please just don't say blackhole comms, then I would say well what's the point. If people can get the same stuff without running a single space mission.....PLEASE tell me this isn't the case. I would just like to see people ship parts that are ONLY obtainable through these space missions. 6 new missions...6 new parts.. Exactly the way the lower level purple ship parts were awarded to us.
Here is Dulfy's report as of the PTS
http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/swtor-pa...pace-missions/

It seems like the 7 new spaceships parts are probably needed before doing the missions, rather than as a drop from the missions themselves.

I wonder if it will give Cybertechs something to do, or if most people will just buy them with cartel coins.

deanth
12.11.2012 , 01:57 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lejune View Post
The new space missions comes in two parts, dailies for each new space missions that grant 7175 credits and 20 fleet comms each and a weekly where each mission resets on a different day of the week, e.g. Heroic Space Mission 1 weekly resets on Monday, Heroic Space Mission 2 weekly resets on Tuesday, etc... These weekly missions give 7175 credits, 40 fleet comms, 5 daily comms and 2 black hole comms.

deanth
12.11.2012 , 02:03 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by kaloonzu View Post
I'm considered by most of my friends to be a damned good pilot in all manner of flight combat simulators. These missions are nice challenge. I do have a question though: how the hell do you kill frigates? I can clearly see the large targeting reticule, but I can't lock onto it with anything, including my blasters. I've completely shot off all of its components (I'm referring to the Cha Raaba Assault, mainly), even its shields, but I can't do anything with that targeting reticule.
Never played the Imperial side of space missions, but if it's similar to Republic with different models, the big targeting reticule is just indicating that the frigate needs to be destroyed (everything on it). As to how to destroy them, there should be 2 shield generators on the frigates that needs i think 3 or 4 missiles to destroy each of them. To find out which ones are the shield generators, shooting your main gun at it, it will glow blue. Then the rest you can just use your main gun (the turrets and engines) to destroy.

Elear
12.11.2012 , 02:17 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by deanth View Post
The new space missions comes in two parts, dailies for each new space missions that grant 7175 credits and 20 fleet comms
Those are not dalies, they are introductory missions, ones telling you "oh hay, there is that space mission there that just became avaible to you", one time only. Same as with all space missions before.

Lejune
12.11.2012 , 02:17 PM | #18
The new space missions comes in two parts, dailies for each new space missions that grant 7175 credits and 20 fleet comms each and a weekly where each mission resets on a different day of the week, e.g. Heroic Space Mission 1 weekly resets on Monday, Heroic Space Mission 2 weekly resets on Tuesday, etc... These weekly missions give 7175 credits, 40 fleet comms, 5 daily comms and 2 black hole comms.
Interesting. Thx for the explanation. One more question. Can you repeat the space mission over and over even without the daily quest..and if so do you know how much credits/fleet comms are given for each?. I get off in ahour, but I'm impatient atm !!! Lol

Ansalem
12.11.2012 , 03:04 PM | #19
Is the OP a troll or what? these new heroic space missions are pretty laughable easy. Only one is even semi close to a challenge and thats cha raaba. Easy to accomplish if you use your items properly and at the right time. Snoozefest on these. Got my space achievements and Ill never do them again.

kaloonzu
12.11.2012 , 03:14 PM | #20
Never played the Imperial side of space missions, but if it's similar to Republic with different models, the big targeting reticule is just indicating that the frigate needs to be destroyed (everything on it). As to how to destroy them, there should be 2 shield generators on the frigates that needs i think 3 or 4 missiles to destroy each of them. To find out which ones are the shield generators, shooting your main gun at it, it will glow blue. Then the rest you can just use your main gun (the turrets and engines) to destroy.
Yeah, I've got that much. Destroyed every component on the frigate, but it still obstinately escapes at the 12 second mark. I've made sure to get the generators (well practiced from Mugaar Ice Field and Aeten Defense) and the engines. I've been playing the space missions since game launch, and this is frustrating.

To all the people who are having trouble with just getting through the missions alive, learn the routes first; the missions aren't hard for the enemies so much as the obstacles.
PT AP Hunter
Audacious Prospect
Sith Empire Hardcore Raiders