Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.6: Ancient Hypergate is Live!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.6: Ancient Hypergate is Live!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
12.11.2012 , 09:03 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Game Update 1.6: Ancient Hypergate is now live in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! This Game Update brings some exciting new content to The Old Republic including:

Warzone: The Ancient Hypergate lets you test your strength with a brand new PvP game mechanic. In this Warzone, Republic and Empire forces are locked in a brutal conflict to control two energy pylons. You must fight to take control of these powerful pylons and kill any foes in your way to discharge a massive blast of energy through your faction’s gate. The first team to open their portal will unleash deadly reinforcements to wipe out enemy players.

Heroic Space Missions will challenge your galactic piloting skills. Both Republic and Empire classes have six new repeatable Level 50 Heroic Space Missions. These updated Space Missions are the most intense Space Missions to date and players who are up to the challenge can earn Black Hole Commendations to spend on ship upgrades, high level gear, and more!

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Gommas
12.11.2012 , 09:30 AM | #2
i cant login it says reparing 11 files and for 3 hours still nothing happeining

NwahsNirom
12.11.2012 , 09:36 AM | #3
I'm extremely excited about this patch!! Lots of great new goodies for us, and I'm so pumped to see the PvP gear gap being taken away. However... I don't seem to be able to play now. The server lag is extremely high, and not just for me, but for many people on the server.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
4/4 NiM EC, 10/10 HM DF&DP, 1/5 NiM TFB, 1/5 NiM DF
Prophecy of the Five | Guild Leader | International Guild

omNOMNOMinator
12.11.2012 , 09:43 AM | #4
This patch sucks unless you really wanted a new warzone. The Christmas items are embarrassing and you have to pay for them. This just shows once again that Bioware have no idea how to make an MMO.
Srill - Twi-Lekk Gunslinger
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

Cornerbug
12.11.2012 , 09:44 AM | #5
Ever since the update, my game has not been working correctly. I was playing my game and my character kept getting stuck in the hallways while touching nothing. She couldn't move forward. I lost a connection. Whenever I start the game over it doesn't bring me to my character selection screen. It just shows the loading screen without a progress bar. Please fix.....and add Togruta species for next update

Thank you!

Oggthebase
12.11.2012 , 09:44 AM | #6
there is a mixup between the required gear for the Elite war hero combat tech and combat medic.

This was reported on the PTS 3 weeks ago and nobody corrected it
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560458

You're doing worse and worse in my book EAware.

And charging money for event items supposed to bring the community together for Life day? Really?
Your greed knows no bound EAware.

WORSE. PATCH. EVER.
not because of the content or the gravity of the bugs, it's not game breaking.
But it shows where your priority is: grabbing our money through the cash shop and not reading the bug reports from people who test on the PTS free of charge for you, out of their love of the game.
That is sad.

Darth_Victus
12.11.2012 , 09:57 AM | #7
So whats the deal with no Life Day Event?

Not entirely pleased with just buying the items.

Trollokdamus
12.11.2012 , 10:13 AM | #8
I like it how you guys don't write a single yellow post in any of the recent threads in order to explain your reasoning behind the latest changes (end-game gear on the market, event items on the market with no event happening). While at the same time i've seen you silently deleting some threads and merging the other ones, which makes me think that you are here on the forums, but for whatever reason do not desire to communicate with us on the matter.

Eillack
12.11.2012 , 10:37 AM | #9
This was actually a kind of dissapointing Update. Love the new WZ so far...but everything just feels "wrong" for some reason with TOR now.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Rogoo
12.11.2012 , 10:42 AM | #10
Fix AMD Crossfire support.

Because playing Warzones at 20 frames per second is so much fun!
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.