What a WASTE of time new space missions

So I attempted all the new space missions have a pretty good track record with these,i even enjoy them..not anymore lol... don't get me wrong i like a challenge but it felt like a massacre even with the grade 7 upgrades...i'm mean really ...is there a new option where i can invite ppl or something...im kidding i know its only solo...it feels like u do need a grp though...too bad i had high hopes for the new content, agree or disagree i dont care just stating an opinion...man it feels like someone took a dump in my wheaties today...best of luck to everyone who attempts the space assassination, i mean missions

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soo.... people complain missions are to easy, so BW gave us new HEROIC missions wich gives black hole comms, and you Sir, complain they are to difficult..

oh comon ... this is to easy.

Which "people" complain the missions are too easy, and do you know for a fact the original poster was one of the complainers?

Which "people" complain the missions are too easy, and do you know for a fact the original poster was one of the complainers?

never saw complains that they were to hard, so fair assumption is that they were to easy :)

never said OP was complainer

I was complaining :rolleyes:

Guess what, they were on the PTS for the past 2 weeks. If you wanted to cry about their difficulty then would have been the time. not now.

Fact is that some of us LOVE Them. You folks complaining that they are too hard or a "Massacre", or "Impossible" just a few I've heard, are obviously just bad. Did you think HEROIC space mission that gives BH Coms would be faceroll easy ? They in fact are not Impossible, they are Hard, challenging, and take skill. so QQ all you want, but at the end of the day, you just lack the skill necessary to complete it. you shouldn't be able to Queue for it the first time and fly through and 1 shot it ...... to me that would be a waste of time. It's because of QQ such as this, that challenging content such as the new space missions gets NERFd to the ground...

(Bioware Developers - Please Ignore all this QQ, you've done a fantastic job giving us something to spend some time and real EFFORT on with this new round of space missions.)

I'm considered by most of my friends to be a damned good pilot in all manner of flight combat simulators. These missions are nice challenge. I do have a question though: how the hell do you kill frigates? I can clearly see the large targeting reticule, but I can't lock onto it with anything, including my blasters. I've completely shot off all of its components (I'm referring to the Cha Raaba Assault, mainly), even its shields, but I can't do anything with that targeting reticule.

What are the rewards? Please just don't say blackhole comms, then I would say well what's the point. If people can get the same stuff without running a single space mission.....PLEASE tell me this isn't the case. I would just like to see people ship parts that are ONLY obtainable through these space missions. 6 new missions...6 new parts.. Exactly the way the lower level purple ship parts were awarded to us. :) Edited by Lejune

Some tips to completing the new space missions

1. I think the most crucial items you need are the T7 300k cred Power conversion module, T7 concussion missiles and the T7 Improved EMP. The T7 Blast condenser is very useful and maybe crucial for maybe one of the new space missions but not necessary for others.

2. Accept that you are going to fail once/twice and even many times... But persist and get to know the route and layout of the missions

3. Just go for main objectives, skip the bonus ones

3. Use arrow keys to move and dodge around the screen instead of using only mouse, use mouse for aiming. (I don't use the space bar for dodging)

4. You'll be using the power conversion module a lot and switching between damage and shield a lot. (Your hand will be jumping between arrow keys and numbers)

What are the rewards? Please just don't say blackhole comms, then I would say well what's the point. If people can get the same stuff without running a single space mission.....PLEASE tell me this isn't the case. I would just like to see people ship parts that are ONLY obtainable through these space missions. 6 new missions...6 new parts.. Exactly the way the lower level purple ship parts were awarded to us. :)

Here is Dulfy's report as of the PTS

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/swtor-patch-1-6-grade-7-starship-upgrades-and-hm-space-missions/

It seems like the 7 new spaceships parts are probably needed before doing the missions, rather than as a drop from the missions themselves.

I wonder if it will give Cybertechs something to do, or if most people will just buy them with cartel coins.

What are the rewards? Please just don't say blackhole comms, then I would say well what's the point. If people can get the same stuff without running a single space mission.....PLEASE tell me this isn't the case. I would just like to see people ship parts that are ONLY obtainable through these space missions. 6 new missions...6 new parts.. Exactly the way the lower level purple ship parts were awarded to us. :)

The new space missions comes in two parts, dailies for each new space missions that grant 7175 credits and 20 fleet comms each and a weekly where each mission resets on a different day of the week, e.g. Heroic Space Mission 1 weekly resets on Monday, Heroic Space Mission 2 weekly resets on Tuesday, etc... These weekly missions give 7175 credits, 40 fleet comms, 5 daily comms and 2 black hole comms.

I'm considered by most of my friends to be a damned good pilot in all manner of flight combat simulators. These missions are nice challenge. I do have a question though: how the hell do you kill frigates? I can clearly see the large targeting reticule, but I can't lock onto it with anything, including my blasters. I've completely shot off all of its components (I'm referring to the Cha Raaba Assault, mainly), even its shields, but I can't do anything with that targeting reticule.

Never played the Imperial side of space missions, but if it's similar to Republic with different models, the big targeting reticule is just indicating that the frigate needs to be destroyed (everything on it). As to how to destroy them, there should be 2 shield generators on the frigates that needs i think 3 or 4 missiles to destroy each of them. To find out which ones are the shield generators, shooting your main gun at it, it will glow blue. Then the rest you can just use your main gun (the turrets and engines) to destroy.

The new space missions comes in two parts, dailies for each new space missions that grant 7175 credits and 20 fleet comms

Those are not dalies, they are introductory missions, ones telling you "oh hay, there is that space mission there that just became avaible to you", one time only. Same as with all space missions before.

The new space missions comes in two parts, dailies for each new space missions that grant 7175 credits and 20 fleet comms each and a weekly where each mission resets on a different day of the week, e.g. Heroic Space Mission 1 weekly resets on Monday, Heroic Space Mission 2 weekly resets on Tuesday, etc... These weekly missions give 7175 credits, 40 fleet comms, 5 daily comms and 2 black hole comms.

Interesting. Thx for the explanation. One more question. Can you repeat the space mission over and over even without the daily quest..and if so do you know how much credits/fleet comms are given for each?. I get off in ahour, but I'm impatient atm !!! Lol

Is the OP a troll or what? these new heroic space missions are pretty laughable easy. Only one is even semi close to a challenge and thats cha raaba. Easy to accomplish if you use your items properly and at the right time. Snoozefest on these. Got my space achievements and Ill never do them again.

Never played the Imperial side of space missions, but if it's similar to Republic with different models, the big targeting reticule is just indicating that the frigate needs to be destroyed (everything on it). As to how to destroy them, there should be 2 shield generators on the frigates that needs i think 3 or 4 missiles to destroy each of them. To find out which ones are the shield generators, shooting your main gun at it, it will glow blue. Then the rest you can just use your main gun (the turrets and engines) to destroy.

Yeah, I've got that much. Destroyed every component on the frigate, but it still obstinately escapes at the 12 second mark. I've made sure to get the generators (well practiced from Mugaar Ice Field and Aeten Defense) and the engines. I've been playing the space missions since game launch, and this is frustrating.

To all the people who are having trouble with just getting through the missions alive, learn the routes first; the missions aren't hard for the enemies so much as the obstacles.

Yeah, I've got that much. Destroyed every component on the frigate, but it still obstinately escapes at the 12 second mark. I've made sure to get the generators (well practiced from Mugaar Ice Field and Aeten Defense) and the engines. I've been playing the space missions since game launch, and this is frustrating.

To all the people who are having trouble with just getting through the missions alive, learn the routes first; the missions aren't hard for the enemies so much as the obstacles.

Your best bet in that case is just to sweep randomly all over frigate trying to get missile lock. There is that one part in front of frigates that is more durable than others, and it'll often get covered in smoke once ship turns away from you.

While the other missions are fine and fair for the new space missions, whoever came up with Cha Raaba needs a good swift kick. Seriously, why am I sitting here for a minute flying through rocks doing NOTHING! The mission is 3:49, I typically kill the first to fighters by 3:19, and then sit there twiddling my thumbs while flying through rocks for about a minute waiting (2:23) to be able to start shooting at things again and then it gets completely and utterly nuts (where I have to use my Jam and then my EMP back to back). Really, Cha Raaba needs a trip back to the drawing board as it's really a dumb design. (I never sit for more than 15 seconds in any of the other heroic space missions, why am I sitting for almost a minute here in this mission?)

Interesting. Thx for the explanation. One more question. Can you repeat the space mission over and over even without the daily quest..and if so do you know how much credits/fleet comms are given for each?. I get off in ahour, but I'm impatient atm !!! Lol

Yes, you can complete the space new space missions over and over without the daily quest, it yields 1793 creds for completing the mission, and for the republic side space mission Regnant Station Assualt, there are 3 bonus missions, Destroy 1 Sith Ship, Destroy 4 frigates, both netting 5381 creds everytime and there's destroy 40 imperial fighters which I can't remember the creds off the top of my head, but i think it's in the 3k-4k creds range. And completing these bonus missions also unlocks a codex.

Its really something for bioware to put new missions for space but man making the missions so hard that you need the class 7 gear just to have a small glimmer of a chance to complete it.

You cant even do the mission with the top gear you have for your ship the advance class 5 parts that were top of the line before the update!

Well i used to be really happy with the space mission and after these mission i will be hanging up my pilot helmet for now cause either the missions are too high lvl for my ship or they are some how bugged i dont know but i will not pay real money for the space parts from the cartel just to be able to have a chance to play the game.