Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There has been an unexpected error while versioning your character.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
There has been an unexpected error while versioning your character.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

meltedice
12.09.2012 , 08:41 PM | #21
I too have to have the problem. I am not happy about the issue and bioware's handling of the issue. I am reading that the cause for his issue is reinstatement of lost comms/mats etc. If that is the case, why are they continuing to reinstate and cause more issues to occur? I have lost use of my main and am now unable to get to my main supply of credits, mats, and also my main raiding toon. what kind of customer service is this bioware?

Amantino
12.10.2012 , 03:03 AM | #22
I'd guess it was a random timing that my comms and this came at the same time.

5 days and still not even an answer from CS. I normally don't mind CS taking some time, but this is getting way too much, as it's kind of important.

HeathenStorm
12.10.2012 , 04:03 AM | #23
Confirming that this still happens, despite it being a known 'priority' issue. My character was broken on Saturday, which proves there's people working over the weekend.

Seems the guys that restore items haven't been made aware of the problem - or their fix script doesn't have the important "Is character broken? If so, rollback." step.

Raised a follow-up ticket a few hours later to try to get the character fixed, and haven't even received an automated response, let alone a real one. Getting on for 48 hours now, so the 'fixed in 36 hours' claim doesn't apply to all. Gotta feel for those who've been stuck over a week with this.

More telling is the complete lack of information about this error on the in-game Knowledge Base. At the very least, one would expect an article to explain the best way to get the issue resolved.

Does it just happen to Red Eclipse characters, or are other servers affected?

Amantino
12.10.2012 , 05:54 AM | #24
Other servers are also affected. Saw a post from a guy on ToFN.

ratiphi
12.10.2012 , 09:25 AM | #25
Still having this error. Still...
50 Sith Assassin

Amantino
12.11.2012 , 05:25 AM | #26
My marauder works again after updating to 1.6

but my quickbars are all reset

HeathenStorm
12.11.2012 , 08:58 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
My marauder works again after updating to 1.6

but my quickbars are all reset
Same thing happened here. I'd take a few minutes of toolbar adjusting over not being able to play the character at all!

At least it's sorted now, and I'm feeling festive enough to not make a big deal out of some folk getting Cartel Coin compensation and others not.